Chapter 8

Three Squared

The rest of their anniversary trip went by just as great as the beginning. For their actual anniversary day, Mingyu took them to the Eiffel Tower that night. A dream come true for Jeonghan, it was even more special considering the fact that Mingyu had a pretty big fear of heights. And it was there that they discovered Daejung did too. Like father like son. The next day the visited the Louvre, Mingyu had discovered a new love for art, and even paints sometimes on his days off. He’s also into photography, so far he’s taken at least over a hundred photos of them on their trip. The next day after that they went to the beach, mainly to take pictures and take a walk. Daejung really wanted to go swimming so badly even though it was freezing. Mingyu had almost drag him away from the ocean, three year old’s don’t understand the risk of hyperthermia.

The day after that was Christmas Eve, which they spent gift shopping for Daejung and also each other and also went ice skating Jeonghan and Daejung being surprisingly good at it, while Mingyu not so much. He was definitely going to be bruised later on. And on Christmas day they unwrapped the gifts, Daejung got a firetruck that he saw in a store window a few days ago as well as some more toy bricks. Mingyu got Jeonghan a silver infinity loop necklace, to signify his eternal love for him, Jeonghan may have cried a little. Jeonghan got him and Mingyu matching gold bracelets with the word ‘forever engraved on it. That night they all sat at the window drinking hot chocolate, Daejung’s with extra marshmallows and watched the Eiffel Tower light show, their room having the best view.

Today is the last day of their trip, their flight leaving at 6pm. Just as they were packing up their suitcases they heard Daejung yell.

“Daddy come look!” Mingyu and Jeonghan ran into his room expecting the worst but instead saw Daejung sitting at the window, his face pressed against the glass.

“Daejung what are you doing?” Jeonghan asked rushing over to him.

“Look! It’s snowing!” he said his smile beaming, eyes lit up.

“Wow, it really is.” Mingyu said gazing out the window.

“Can we play in the snow before we leave, please~?” Daejung pleaded, staring up at them and neither of them could find the strength to say no.

            So about four hours before they had to leave, they rode to a nearby park and let Daejung play in the snow. Mingyu was of course in charge of taking photos, in about an hours’ time they built a mini snowman and had a small snowball fight. Finally it was time for them to take their twelve hour flight back home. As much as they loved it in Paris, they also couldn’t wait to go back to Seoul.

            When they landed it was 1pm in Seoul, the city they called home was bustling as everyone had just finished their Christmas traveling. Traffic getting back home was not the greatest but as soon as they did they all passed out in their beds. Even Daejung who said he wanted to give Jieun her poodle as soon as they got home, but Mingyu and Jeonghan knew that wasn’t going to happen. It wasn’t until about 6pm that they woke up, thanks to Daejung coming into their room whining about being hungry. So Jeonghan decided then would be a great time to call Kiyeon and Jieun to come over to collect her poodle.

            They rang their doorbell about ten minutes later, Mingyu opening it to a cheesing Jieun clearly excited about her poodle. And so was Daejung.

“Here’s your pink poodle Jieun-ie.” Daejung said holding out the poodle to Jieun.

“Ahhh~!” Jieun squealed loud enough to break glass, “Oh my god, you found it! I love it, thank you Daejung-ah!” Jieun said almost squeezing Daejung to death, along with the poodle.

“Your welcome Jieun-ie!”

“I’m going to name her Jelly!”

“Thank you for buying this for her, she was dying to have this a soon as she heard you guys were going to Paris.” Kiyeon said smiling down at her daughter.

“No problem, it was our pleasure. But how’d she know poodle’s are famous in Paris?” Mingyu asked curious by how smart Jieun was.

“A documentary on puppies on Animal Planet. She also said she wants a Corgi.”

“Wow, you have your work cut out for you huh?” Jeonghan laughed feeling bad for Kiyeon and her animal loving daughter.

“You have no idea. You guys fill me in on your trip later okay? You guys get some rest, I can see the jet lag in your faces.”

“Will do.” Mingyu said, waving goodbye to Jieun before closing the door.

            And get some rest is exactly what they did, as Mingyu had to go right back to work tomorrow morning at eight. They all slept the same amount of hours as their flight, twelve hours of sleep straight. Both Mingyu and Jeonghan being surprised Daejung stayed asleep that long. Now, their lives were back to normal, Mingyu leaving at seven, Jeonghan waking up Daejung by eight, following routine as usual. A routine that they all sort of missed.