Chapter 13

Three Squared

It has now been nine months, Jeonghan was due any minute. Mingyu had already gone to work and it was a little past ten in the morning. Jeonghan was walking out to the mailbox when he felt it, it was time, right now. He immediately went inside and called Mingyu.

“Mingyu-ah, it’s time.”

“What? Right now?”

“Yes, right now.” Jeonghan said trying to hide the pain in his voice.

            For men, when it’s time for the baby to come, they experience really bad stomach cramps and Jeonghan was starting to feel it.

“Okay, I’m on my way.” Mingyu said, already piling his stuff into his bag.

“I don’t think I can wait that long, this time is a lot more painful than with Daejung. I need to leave now.”

“Can you drive yourself?”

“I’ll have to try, it hurts really bad.”

“Okay, be safe alright. I’ll meet you there.”

            They hung up and next Jeonghan called Kiyeon asking her to watch Daejung, and within seconds she was already at the door with Jieun.

“Thank you so much Kiyeon. Mingyu’s mother is already on the way, she’ll be here by eleven.”

“No problem. Let me help you to the car.” Kiyeon helped Jeonghan put his bags into the car and get inside.

“Are you sure you can drive by yourself?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

            No more than ten minutes later he made it to the hospital and got put into a room. And a little later Mingyu walked through the door, wearing more casual clothes.

“Hey hyung. How are you feeling?”

“Better, they gave me something for the cramps, but it still hurts.”

“I don’t remember Daejung being this painful.” Mingyu felt bad for him.

“I guess this is the downside of having more than one kid. The second one is more painful.” Jeonghan tried to joke but he couldn’t laugh.

“Yeah, but it’s worth it.” Mingyu said rubbing Jeonghan’s hand.

            Thy waited about twelve hours before it was finally time for the baby to be born. Jeonghan was exhausted, but there was a excitement growing in his heart, just like with Daejung. There’s nothing like welcoming a baby into your family, and they couldn’t be happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·         Name: Kim Daehyun

·         Gender: Male

·         Date of Birth: September 18, 2014, 11:13 pm

·         Measurements: 7.8lbs; 10.9in long

·         Blood Type: B

The next day, Daejung and Mingyu’s mother came to visit to see the baby. Daejung was so happy that he got to use the name he came up with.

“You want to hold Daehyun?” Mingyu asked, Daehyun sleeping in his arms.

“Yeah.”

            Mingyu gently placed Daehyun in his arms and Mingyu could tell Daejung was nervous. But Daejung couldn’t have been more gentle. The way Daejung held his head, was like he as holding air. Even though Daejung was four and a half, he was still a baby himself. So, having a baby in his arms can obviously feel strange, but also lovely.

“He’s so tiny.” Daejung said holding Daehyun’s little hand.

“You used to be just as small.” Jeonghan said from the bed, trying not to move so much as his stomach just got stitched up.

“He is a beautiful baby.” Mingyu’s mother said as she rubbed Daehyun’s cheek, “He looks a lot like you Jeonghan, even though he’s just born.”

“So now we both have a kid that looks like one of us.” Mingyu smiled to Jeonghan.

“It’s a good we’re both good looking.” Jeonghan smiled back.

            After the next week and a half, Jeonghan and Daehyun got to go home. Mingyu’s mother kindly stayed to watch Daejung the whole time, obviously she didn’t mind, she loved spending time with her grandkids. Now that Daehyun was a week and a half old, he was more aware. His eyes are now wide open and his mouth moved more. Baby babble coming out constantly, for him to be so newly born he sure talked a lot. And he also cried a lot.

“Daddy, Daehyun is so loud.” Daejung said covering his ears.

“He’s a baby Daejung-ah, you cried a lot too when you were his age.” Jeonghan said rocking Daehyun to soothe him.

“What’s wrong with him?”

“It’s hard to tell, it could be that he’s tired, hungry or needs to be changed or just simply wants to be held. But since he’s already been fed and changed, he’s probably tired.”

“So why doesn’t he just go to sleep?”

“Because, he wants to stay awake with us.”

“Oh. You can go to sleep Daehyun-ah, we’ll wait for you to wake up.” Daejung said rubbing his cheek.

            And just with that, Daehyun stopped crying and let out a little yawn. About three minutes later he was asleep, Jeonghan gently placing him inside his crib. Since Daehyun was born life at home has been much happier. Mingyu doesn’t stay in his office as long and they spend much more time together as a family. Daehyun also brought them peace of mind, and even though Mingyu and Jeonghan that could change at any moment, they both agreed to keep the thought far in the back of their minds. For them, right now was a new beginning, a light at the end of the seemingly neverending tunnel.