Chapter 4

First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wendy went out of the Kim Holdings Corp. building after her interview with her resolve still intact. Although mildly miffed at Seulgi for not warning her earlier, still she left the building with a satisfied air. She’s just glad she pulled through the interview despite the sight of the current reason to her heart’s fast-paced beating. 

 

She wonders if it is still healthy for her to have her heart act like this. 

 

‘Should I go have my heart checked? Because damn, Ms. Bae was just too hot for her own good,’ she sighed at the thought.

 

So when Joy came to the café with an ear-splitting grin and acting too joyously joyful, she re-think about the importance of her friends existence in her life. 

 

Trust Joy to display her friendliness during the most appropriate of appropriate times, she rolled her eyes at the taller girl before her, grin not faltering at her expression.

 

“Seungwan unnie,” Joy continued, ignoring her and turned to the people she brought with her. “You know Ms. Bae, Ms. Lee and Ms. Kim, right? They are the panelist for our interview,” Joy introduced the group, as if Wendy didn’t already face them earlier during her interview. 

 

She huffed at the girl before sporting a nervous smile when she noticed Ms. Bae looking at her with a soft smile. Wendy coughed a bit before looking away, answering Joy with a stuttering “Y-Yeah.”

 

“Ms. Bae and friends, please join us. I apologize for my friend’s behavior, she’s not very good at dealing with beautiful people,” Seulgi jumped into the conversation smoothly as if she didn’t just revealed Wendy’s weakness to the trio. 

 

‘Kang Seulgi, I swear, I’ll deal with you later,’ Wendy simmered while she looked at the bear’s innocent eye smile. 

 

‘My best friends are the biggest idiots in this planet. God help me,’ she resigned at the thought. Wendy looked at her friends with the most subtle glare as if by doing so, she’d be able to get the message across. The two just laughed at her. The nerve of them.

 

Joy pulled several chairs to join their table, letting their guest pick sides. Unfortunately for her heart, Ms. Bae decided it was best to sat next to her. Ms. Bae looked at her with a soft smile, with no knowledge what a smile from her can do to Wendy. Wendy a bit slack jawed, could only look on, hoping her features aren’t sporting her most idiotic expression. 

 

Not at Wendy for not noticing that she just looks so stupid right now.

 

Irene looked at the person next to her, wondering where the confident woman from earlier had gone. But she doesn’t feel disappointed at the thought, not when she’s being gifted with an eyeful of cutie Son Wendy. Irene chuckled at Wendy’s expression before telling the girl, “You know, it’s rude to stare.” 

 

Wendy seems startled at the insinuation and schooled her expression to a better before looking away.


“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to stare,” Wendy said, timidly. Irene almost d’awwe-ed at the younger woman’s expression. 

 

“Ahem,” a cough brought her attention to the women in the table. Irene almost rolling her eyes at her friends teasing looks. 

 

“Unnie, do you want us to order for you or are you coming with?” Yeri told the older girl with a smirk. 

 

This kid, Irene glared at Yeri, the younger girl just laughing at her expression. ‘Seriously, why is the glare not working as it used to?’ Irene thought broodingly.

 

“I’m coming,” Irene replied with a huff before sliding her chair to stand up. She heard Joy take her friends order before walking up to the counter, her friends following soon after. 

 

***

 

Wendy groaned while covering her face with her hands. Seulgi chuckled softly at her friend’s behavior. She didn’t expect her best friend to look like a stammering fool in front of Ms. Bae. Seulgi wondered how Wendy got through the whole interview with her looking at Ms. Bae like a fish caught out of the water. She shook her head at her friend’s embarrassment. 

 

Joy told her how she met the panelist on the way out of the building, sharing a quick nod of recognition before walking. The taller girl noticing that they seem to be walking on the same direction, she turned to them and asked them if they are headed at the café too, to which the three nodded. 

 

Seulgi could only listen proudly at how fast Joy makes friends with people. Wendy and Ms. Bae didn’t even notice the conversation that ensued, the two busy staring at each other. Seulgi could only laugh at their situation.

 

Seulgi pulled at her best friend’s arms, she noticed the brunette’s reddening ears, she flicked at the appendage. The action pulled Wendy out of her embarrassed stupor, glaring at Seulgi with flushed cheeks. 

“Wan, will you quit it?” Seulgi chided at the younger girl. “I know you’re embarrassed but it won’t chase away Ms. Bae, just calm down will ya? You look really stupid right not groaning there like a zombie,” continued Seulgi with a playful roll of her eyes. Wendy looked at her with an offended pout.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me Sooyoung’s bringing them with her?” Wendy asked her in frustration, the younger woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter