07

[pentagon] : runaway

When Wooseok brought the other three to his small apartment located beneath a massive land, Hui was the first one to scoff at him and lectured him about not getting enough sunlight and fresh air. Though Wooseok didn't really mind it when Hui would scold him a lot since the older has been doing that years ago, Wooseok's attention was mostly preoccupied by the eyes of the oldest in the group that seems to not rest.

Wooseok was highly intrigued by Jinho. For some reason, Jinho was looking at him like a kid, something of which he actually is, compared to the other boys. He felt like Jinho cared about him, even though all of these were probably just his imagination.

He bit his tongue, preventing himself from saying anything at the mess they were creating inside his home . But amidst the confusion that he has, Hui's hand reassured him all the time and this time, he has a good feeling that Hui's hand will not fail him.

Shinwon was just sitting at the farthest corner of the room. Evident to his face was boredom and his gaze towards the seemingly three close men was just making him feel way too out of place. He was slouching, his back curved against the cold wall, yet his attention was directed at them and never at himself.

When he ran towards the field of vision of Hui and Jinho at that ramen shop, he was sure to run away with them. In actions where his desperation and tension were evident, his muscles were gritting and working hard, his back was aching and for real, his sole was starting to have this feeling where needles slowly prick it-- he was sure that he wasn't happy with how his life came to be.

The more he tries his hardest, the lesser his hard work pays off.

He's tired.

So ing tired.

That he was willing to give everything up and let his companions decide for his fate.

Shinwon was counting the number of times that Jinho has sighed. Every side of that small lot was checked out by Jinho, the rooms and even the cupboards that a stranger like him shouldn't bother, Jinho checked them all out. Shinwon was sure that Jinho was agitated. By the way his eyes roam around, his fingers tremble into a fist and to his palms, and his toes tap into the cold floor-- he for sure knew that Jinho wasn't fine at all.

It should not concern Shinwon, not even a bit, but feelings he was once devoid of, crept out inside his stomach reaching to his throat. He was ultimately concerned at the agitation that Jinho was exhibiting and Shinwon wanted to stand up and do something for him , but Hui caught up first.

Chuckling lowly at himself because of his recurring disappointment for himself, his eyes slowly traced to the tallest among the group whose eyes were also glued to the oldest.

Shinwon only watched and observed.

Hui perked up at the side of Jinho and touched his hand, pulling him to the nearest couch, "Stay still hyung, please," he said after pushing Jinho to finally rest. Although there were a lot of incoherent mumbles from Jinho, he managed to stay still and absorb everything there is to absorb in that basement room that Wooseok offered for them to rest to.

Hui then turned towards Wooseok. His smiles were full of trust, that Wooseok couldn't bother to think twice about the ways to kick them out.

He may be as lonely as what Jinho ought him to be, that was why he'll use them to ease that loneliness. He's a plain selfish kid, true that, but can you really blame him if the world seemingly hates him so much that it destroys him?

Wooseok tucked his hands inside his pocket and walked to the center of the room and sat on the cold tiled floor. On his front is Jinho, on Jinho's side is Hui and Shinwon was the farthest.

Wooseok couldn't help but laugh. Everything was so funny to him because everything was new. He had no time to be surprised nor take time to sit around and wait, he just had to do this. He really had no time.

Their eyes are all glued to Wooseok sitting on the floor and all of them remain silent to wait for what's there to come.

Until Wooseok's laughter rang all their ears and tensed up their shoulders, pushing them to resist their comfort. His eyes were almost spilling tears and his voice was breaking, slowly and surely. His breath smelled like the cigarette smoke and his neck's jugular was visible, nearly popping out, due to the fake laughter that he was doing.

It was irritating.

Amidst the confusion that everyone has for Wooseok, Hui's eyes, too, started to well. It was breaking him inside looking at his good friend like this. He was the only one who understands, and it pains him to realize that in this room where Wooseok wasn't alone, Wooseok still felt lonely even if he's within Hui's reach and everybody's reach.

His chest clenched, he pushed his hand to rest on to the left part of his chest, and the tears that threatened to fall down because of what he's witnessing, fell, to Jinho's hands .

Jinho immediately looked up at Hui and felt himself curled up from the unknown feeling.

There were a lot of things that's happening that Jinho couldn't understand, and Shinwon knew that, that was why Shinwon decided to take this chance and make it all light for Jinho, and only for Jinho.

"Stop being a maniac Wooseok," Shinwon said as he stood up from where he was sitting. He walked towards the people that resided at the center and placed himself exactly a meter away from Wooseok.

Staring at his teary eyes and the fringes that tried their best to cover them, Shinwon reached out his hand and held the long fingers of Wooseok inside his cold palms.

"You're not even lonely anymore, what the  are you crying for?" Shinwon said tightening the fingers that fight its way to escape from the reach of Shinwon.

Wooseok understood completely what Shinwon was trying to tell him, but somehow, his clouded mind wouldn't let him rest and let alone listen to Shinwon. This was not his fault .

"No--" said by the weeping Wooseok, "you don't understand," he continued struggling.

Hui's tears streamed down, and Jinho who was surprised by the sudden actions of Shinwon, softened his heart once again for Shinwon. He was right when he tapped the head of Shinwon, and he was also right to doubt Shinwon because now, Shinwon began to be a man of surprises. Jinho was starting to get a grasp of who Shinwon actually is.

"I don't? Are you even sure?" Shinwon challenged Wooseok and pulled himself closer to his body. Almost enveloping the heat and the smell of Wooseok with him, he remained still even if the man he's holding wanted to escape, and held Wooseok close to him to assure him that he's no longer alone nor lone in this room.

And that he'll never be, from now on.

"I had no friends, Wooseok. I had no emotions. I had nothing, but myself, and I'm going completely insane . But tell me, did Hui's smile force you to join this ?" Shinwon fought the urge to grab Wooseok's chin and force Wooseok to look at his eyes.

Maybe this was right. Maybe being here was the only thing that was right out of all the decisions that he made. Maybe--

"I'm here. Jinho's here. Hui's here. Why are you still afraid?" Shinwon's loud voice gradually toned down with each sentence that he phrased. Just like how his head started to fall down and look at his knees, Wooseok's head raised up and met not Shinwon's eyes nor Hui's, but Jinho's.

--the three of them could make them feel alive again; could make them feel worthy again.

And for the second time this night, Wooseok felt his legs waver.

"I don't want to die," he said as if pleading at the man holding Hui's hands.

But Jinho only smiled and opened his mouth, "who said I'm going to let you die?" and closed his eyes at the enormous feeling that stuck inside him.

Finally, he understood what was the unknown feeling he felt when Hui cried. Finally, he understood what it feels like to be a part of a group .

Thank you, Hwitaek. He whispered.