01

[pentagon] : runaway

Jinho never once looked back and just ran away from all the responsibilities he had as a son. He was once a well-known singer from a very famous agency, but after debuting and showcasing his talent once, everything felt like a miss.

The light he's been reaching went all way too far, as if it dares him to come and chase it; but he was tired. That was why he stopped looking at it and for it. He closed his eyes tightly, feeling the burning passion in his chest die.

He failed and now, he is a failure.

He worked for multiple jobs- as a back-up singer, vocal trainer, even a waiter at a famous barbecue shop near his small apartment. Even though the paycheck he receives is quite a crap, he took a grip on them with a gritting teeth, ran towards the nearest bank and deposited it in his whining bank account.

He may have starved himself multiple times already for wanting to save some money in order to produce a song. He will do just anything, literally anything, just for him to sing again.

And if that dedication won't touch people's hearts right now, maybe someone's heart will be.

But right now, all he ever did was keep his thin wallet on his pocket and turn his hand phone off to stop receiving multiples of calls and texts from the people who allegedly cares about him. All he ever wanted was peace, thus peace shall he get.

He watched the mountains go by him very fast, the sun was nearly approaching the space in between the two land forms and his head feels so light. Without knowing what he should do, he stayed there at his subway seat, letting the fate decide for him.

After all, he already lost the sense of direction.

It actually feels a little bit colder now that it's spring. Though he waited for the snow to fall and beautify the sad faces of the people he's currently observing, such miracles aren't bound to happen ever so often, that was why, he silently wished.

He wished for the snow to come and for this to end. He just wished for his world to stop spinning and let him take a rest. He badly needs it.

He looked around and saw people busy on their phones, some are watching dramas, most of the school girls are watching live shows of their favorite boy group and some are just typing furiously on their phones.

Without knowing each other's stories, Jinho was really fascinated with the fact that music can touch people's lives without being there and pull up some empathy and tears from their eyes. When he decided to become a singer, he didn't think about anything else, and as selfish as he might be, he almost took all the fortune his family has, just for him to be a successful one.

But is he? No, he's not, and maybe that was why he chose to run away.

And never look back.

There was a small chuckle he heard beside him. He knew that there was plenty of space left when he sat to maintain a good amount of physical distance, and what bothers him is the fact the he can hear this man's laugh, loud and clear, that was why he snapped his head at him, ready to glare at him to stay away.

But instead of seeing a goofy smile plastered on the man's face, a rather sad eyes welcomed his gaze.

Immediately, his eyebrows scrunched down and checked this man.

With shabby eyebrows, dark hair, puffy eyes and shaking hands, Jinho snapped his head back to where it was to avoid looking like a creep and forgave the sad man from getting inside his personal space.

But the more he tried to ignore him, the more he was bothered by it; and when the chuckle came on again and rung his ears, he was to speak to him but was cut off, "yeah I know, I'm irritating, you don't have to rub it in," by the man who just looks so sad.

Jinho just sighed and decided to not speak, trying to lure himself in the approaching station. He doesn't know where to go nor what to do after this event, if only the sunset will give him some sort of signal or sign, he'll gladly accept it.

He felt a hand touched his fully clothed arm, he turned around knowing that it was the same man from earlier, and even if he was mean, he wouldn't scold the sad man because he still has a tender heart.

"Do you want to get off to the next station?" Jinho thought it was a booty call from a stranger and he would lie if he told you that he never felt a shiver run down his spine.

He was sure to stand up and run from the creep, but immediately stopped when he heard what was coming from his mouth, "let's run away together," and the sad eyes forced itself an eye smile.

Jinho couldn't muster up to respond to the statement. All he could ever do was stare at his eyes and blink abruptly to try and deduce whether what he's hearing was of any reality, but the man in front of him seemed sure, and that makes it scary for Jinho.

Allowing the man to hold on to his forearm and force the sobs in his stomach, Jinho realized that it was not the confidence that makes the man ask him for this, it was desperation.

"What's your name?" Jinho mumbled through his small and ragged breaths while he tries to shift his position to stand up.

"I'm Hui, and I mean it," the hand gripped on Jinho's forearm harder and Jinho wanted to go away and escape.

"Let us run away from our hells," Hui urged the smaller man for the nth time and pleadingly looked into his eyes.

Call Jinho crazy for doing this, but there is just something about Hui that connects to him. Even if it only took them minutes to see each other and know each other, Jinho never felt this from anybody else.

And as crazy thought as it may be, he definitely agreed to Hui's request.