03

[pentagon] : runaway

 

 

Waking up from the clenching feeling he's had in his chest, he quickly gripped on to the loose sheet of the bed, startling the older man beside him. Felt his neck wet by his sweat, a warm hand approached his shoulder, making him jerk up.

"Hey, it's fine ," Jinho muttered through his hooded sleepy eyes.

Looking frantically at the lights that were once blinking, now stayed still and the new companion he had, he slowly tried to catch his ragged breath.

"I'm sorry," Hui apologized to Jinho as he abruptly stood up.

Walking towards the sink and grabbing a cup, Hui desperately filled it with water and gulped down every last bit of it, even if the water slipped and left his chest wet.

Jinho could only watch. Not knowing what to do nor how to calm Hui down, he stayed there, still, watching every movement of Hui. Jinho didn't know what got him to lie beside Hui who was once a stranger, and calmly close his eyes to imagine things and slowly drift to sleep.

The both have talked about a lot of things. They knew each other's birthday, hometown, even the family members they have. Hui had also gave him the names of the few songs he's produced. They both tried their best to learn about anything that will make them feel closer, just anything .

Hui heaved a sigh and slapped his cheeks to wake up, startling Jinho who now had his eyes wide open at the sudden sound.

"Hwitaek, what are you doing? "

Forming a small smile at his lips, Hui turned around and looked at the older, "I'm just having demons," and tried to dismiss it with his hand.

Walking towards the end of the bed, Hui sat and stared at the clock ticking. He wants to meet him already and introduce him to Jinho. He wants to feel and touch a presence of someone who's known him deeply. He just wants to see Wooseok right now.

 "Say hyung, do you want to go back to sleep?" Hui muttered under his breath and stared at the clock, counting the number of ticks it will make.

Jinho felt warm, something of which he wasn't able to feel before. In this small room where everything is unfamiliar, even the actual location is unusual, he felt warmer than when he's inside the company's practice room, torturing him to dance.

Of course, he wanted to sleep, but sensing the creeping feelings Hui has been holding, he wanted to listen. He wanted to get to know him better.

If that would make Hui feel a little bit better about himself.

"No, you can talk to me anytime," Jinho replied then shifted his seat to meet the back of Hui.

After waiting for enough long minutes, Hui's trembling lips finally calmed down, making him able to form sentence, "I sometimes have nightmares of something dark that I couldn't make an image of, they're figures."

Jinho didn't say anything but kept his lips firm, watching Hui's shadow moving at the effect of the low light of the lamp.

"It doesn't do anything to me, but it scares me, it felt like it's breaking me apart," as if feeling the same pain again, Hui held a hand to his neck down to his left chest, almost pointing to the part where he feels the pain.

"When I count them, they're ten," Hui closed his eyes.

Jinho wanted to move closer to Hui and try to pat his back in an attempt of comfort and encouragement to go further, but he chose to stay there. Waiting might be a chore to other people but waiting for Hui this midnight didn't seem like a chore to him.

For a reason, Jinho enjoyed waiting.

"And one time, I saw a face there," Hui squeezed the lids of his eyes, imagining the same face he saw from his nightmare. Wooseok-ah , Hui mumbled to himself.

"There is actually someone who wanted to come with us," he first introduced without bothering to lie down his back from slouching.

He stayed there, like Jinho

Jinho was surprised, but the look of surprise eventually went away when he realized about what he's getting himself into right now. He was expecting. A lot.

People around him said that he could debut as a solo. His looks were great, his singing skills are incomparable and his charming is enough to make him as a solo artist, but he chose to be with a group .

A place where he could belong.

Did he feel belong in this place having Hui beside him? No. But he knew that Hui would slowly reside and feel his heart light again if it was near Hui's safe zone and if that would do that to Hui, then maybe it can also do that to him.

He wasn't hopeless. He just stopped hoping.

 But seeing Hui made him think that it wasn't the end.

Running away doesn't end him, it actually begins something inside him.

That was why he said, "What's his name?" indicating that he was fine with it.

The tensed shoulder of Hui relaxed at the soothing voice of Jinho. Smiling from ear to ear, he turned around and showed Jinho his vulnerable side.

 "Wooseok, he's younger than us. I was actually talking to him when we were in the train--"

Jinho smiled listening to Hui's rambles. He absorbed every info he could've to expect everything there is to expect from the said man. He somehow knew that he will enjoy this.

 "Please don't scold him when you see him," Hui pleaded at the listening man beside him.

"Why would I?"

"He's just scarred, hyung," Hui finally turned around to face Jinho.