04

[pentagon] : runaway

When the morning finally came in their room by the window, Jinho was first to stand and wash himself up, leaving Hui to sleep more after their very long night. When he came inside the bathroom white walls, he couldn't help but stare at his reflection at the mirror.

Looking at his hair damped that almost poked his eye due to its length, all he could ever do was sigh. He was losing weight and he knew that.

But it's not like he cares.

It was almost a day ago since he left his small apartment and his friends, most especially his family. It was approximately a day ago, when he had met Hui in the subway, and though he wasn't expecting his life to change in a mere day, he knew, and he will never kid himself about it, Hui will definitely change things for him.

He put the cheap shampoo onto his hair, making sure to leave some for the younger later. He rubbed and scratched his scalp, just something to keep the dirt away and to keep him feeling things. He washed it off and began to brush his teeth with the toothbrush left in the room. He scrubbed his body with the soap, and finally, he was done cleansing himself, like how cleansed his life for the decision of running away.

After dressing up, he went outside of the bathroom and looked up to see if Hui is yet to be awake. Assuming that he was, Jinho made sure to never leave a sound and just walked towards his bag.

Feeling the fabric that holds his things, he thought that it was almost screaming at him. Telling him that every bit of his decision was wrong and that he should turn back. An ample amount of cloth changes, and money is what will make him go through this till the end.

He swallowed every urge to run again because inside this room was Hui.

"I should've brought more clothes with me," Jinho mumbled through his breath.

Hui was awoken by the sound of the shower used by Jinho, but he stayed still and closed his eyes. He was reminiscing and thinking about the things that he would do now that he doesn't even have a plan.

He was starting to feel afraid.

He wishes for someone to know that.

For the first time in his life, he gave up the things that he thought he would be so much more than willing to die for. He will not be able to listen to his songs for the next few years, and that fact scares him more than his situation right now.

"Hey hyung," Hui turned his head towards the older and opened his eyes, watching him scavenge his bag for some form of food.

"Hmmm?" Jinho who was startled, didn't look back at Hui but evidently shook for a while.

"Should we get out of here, eat and meet up with my friend?" Hui suggested as he stood up and brushed his hair away from his forehead, getting ready to take a bath.

Jinho didn't stop, he still rummaged through his bag just to get something to fill his satiety, "I actually don't have cash with me, I have to withdraw," he replied to Hui as he got closer to Jinho to get his clothes out from his bag.

"I'll take care of it," assuring the older before getting inside the bathroom and clean himself.

Hui didn't mind spending money, not because he was giving any pity to Jinho but because he has something more than Jinho. His production may not be copyrighted, but at least, his lyrics were, and Hui wasn't one to keep all his belongings to him.

He was always willing to share.

That was why he shared a part of himself to Jinho.

When they both got out of the cheap hotel, they were welcomed by the warm rays of sun and  the cold air of this spring morning. They both frantically looked around and downtown, until they were able to spot an old ramen house.

Jinho wasn't one to complain, but at least a little bit of shyness pooled up inside him and ended up suggesting the cheapskate restaurant where Hui could only smile.

He felt the sincerity and he's grateful to Jinho for that.

Ordering the cheapest of them, Jinho slurped the soup and gnawed the artificial noodle. Mumbling bits of, "Oh God, delicious," the younger watched him earnestly.

Never knowing that watching someone eating would give him a sense of comfort. Maybe Jinho wasn't the crazy one between the two of them, maybe it was him.

A young waiter was watching the only customers they have for this morning. He watched every movement, like it interests him. He saw the glints of their eyes whenever they share a short conversation. He saw the small smiles formed by their lips and the fidgeting they did underneath the table.

To him, they were all visible, something of which that the two could deny but obvious to the others.

He heard the chef call his name and he immediately turned around and went inside the kitchen, "Shinwon, they asked for some tofu and egg, go bring these to them," and Shinwon eventually followed.

Holding the two small plates on both of his hand, he walked slowly towards the two and when his presence was felt, the man with the mullet hair just greeted him with an eye-smile and a small thanks. Feeling warm with the smile he had just witnessed, Shinwon swore to see that from now on.

After bowing his head to the two, he turned around and ran to the employee's room. Making sure to catch his leftovers and stuffs, he took his uniform off his body and wore his black cap.

He went outside and waited.