02

[pentagon] : runaway

When they left the subway station, Jinho could never understand why was he able to trust a man he just met that easily. Though it also surprises him, he's really just doubting himself right now if his decision was even right at all.

Feeling the quite heavy bag pack he has by messily touching its straps, Hui could tell that Jinho was more than surprised of his offer.

Hui was able to tell that Jinho was just like him. Someone who's just running away from everything not because they wanted to start anew, but rather to stop being responsible for their lives. Hui could tell that Jinho was really tired, not because he had dark eye circles nor he has a very droopy pair of eyes, but rather the way Jinho was awed with every thing they pass by.

Hui was able to tell because he was just like Jinho.

That was why it was very easy for him to ready himself in spending this journey with an another man like Jinho, although he doesn't even know his name yet.

"Hey," Hui turned to Jinho who was fidgeting his hands, "May I know what your name is?" and stopped his tracks that made Jinho abruptly stop too.

Jinho looked everywhere else but Hui's eyes, he wanted to get out of this place and ran. He's feeling a bit lost even if this was his country. He wanted to feel home, and at home.

"I'm Jinho."

When Jinho finally told Hui his name, he could only gave him a weak smile. The smile that turned the creases of Hui's eyes more visible, the same smile that brings warmth to the people that sees them.

Those eyes that welcomed Jinho with everything that he has.

Feeling really bad, Jinho mustered a small smile and finally looked up at Hui's eyes, "I was a former idol," he started, "But luck doesn't really like me so I stopped being one," he continued and fidgeted more, "And now I am here, running away with you."

Hui carefully listened to him, enough to make Jinho feel comfortable to speak about himself and not felt crept out by him. Just an enough amount to set a distance between them but feel each other's warmth in this cold night.

Hui saw the light from the busy road getting dark and quickly look for a place where both of them could spend the night with. Neither of them know where they were, both of them just let each other decide for what they are about to do.

When Hui was able to see a neon purple and red light, signaling for a cheap hotel, he immediately used his head to point it out to Jinho, "I am going to tell you bits about myself too, but do you mind if we spend the night there?"

Jinho was able to locate the same thing Hui was pointing at, and despite the wide eyes response he gave to Hui, he softly chuckled and agreed. There's nothing to lose, Jinho, he thought.

Staring mostly at nowhere, they both proceeded inside the lone building and checked in with the cheapest room out there. After getting inside the room with a single queen sized bed, they dropped their bag packs down and went anywhere, just not beside each other.

Clearly feeling the awkwardness around the two of them.

But Hui was the first one to break down the ice, something of which that he was always able to do, even before. Hui turned around to Jinho getting a cup of water from the faucet and sat on the chair allocated on the corner of the room.

"I write songs," he started and Jinho immediately turned his head towards him, "Do you want to sing them?" he casually offered.

Though Jinho knew that it was just a friendly remark, it felt a lot to him at that point, because singing is everything to him, and the fact that he let go of everything before running away, burns his chest and wrecks him.

"But I don't sing anymore," Jinho replied and put the glass down on the sink before sitting on the counter that is just near enough for the two of them to hear each other.

Hui just smiled at the figure of the smaller one and relaxed himself with the comfort of the chair, "Yes, I know, but maybe you can sing my songs?"

Jinho momentarily stopped and focused his gaze on Hui's smiling face. He was envious of how carefree Hui looks like right now, though it bothers him why .

"I write songs and most of them were rejected. Some of my songs were stolen and here I am," he plastered the same smile on his face, looking dejected as ever.

He wasn't as bitter as people ought him to be whenever his songs play at music TV shows and he wasn't credited. He just really felt useless because he didn't knew any better and that the company that he was writing for would simple just let his talent slide like that.

He's just sad and he pours all that sadness in his music, even if it does him no better.

He was not sure of how good Jinho could be as a singer, but as the both of them talked and talked about their lives and what they were, he was starting to get a good grasp of it. Something of which he couldn't pin point, and that was the point where he decided that this journey would be much more interesting.