Ep 08 - A Solution for Jealousy The End

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Eight

 

Seulgi gave up with the umbrella. She’s been glaring at it for a while now.

It was their lunchtime, and she had already finished a slice of carrot cake that Seungwan’s mom baked. She has her Air Pods on, listening to songs from her playlist. She has nothing to do nor have any person to talk to, so instead, she’s busy mulling on her seat, playing around with the umbrella in her hands as she tried to figure out what to do.

An obvious answer is to find that red-haired girl somewhere around campus and give it back to her. However, Seulgi isn’t great with directions, and she’s afraid of being lost before their afternoon classes. There’s also the fact that students fear her, so perhaps everyone would just hide when she walks through the halls.

Seulgi is used with it. She’s always been misunderstood. Although she wondered how they come about with their silly conclusions. How can she be part of a mafia, anyway? Her parents are busy people running crazy businesses that she needs to take over someday. She doesn’t even know how to throw a punch at someone. Well, she can kick because of all the taekwondo classes she had as a child, but Seulgi has no interest in it. She just wants to have tea parties and eat delicious cakes that Seungwan and her mom makes.

But yeah, back to her latest predicament.

 

[Song Title: Friday's Good Morning by HoneyWorks]

🎵🎸 Getting ready with my very best “Good Morning!” 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 Got my hair just perfect OK 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 I got to put everything into this Friday 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 Since I won't see you the whole weekend, you know? 🎸🎵

 

 

“Should I look for her? Or not? Should I? Or not?” Seulgi groaned, messing her hair all over in frustration. “Why is it so hard to talk to her?”

 

🎵🎸 On the #2 car at 8 AM, grabbing my favorite seat as usual 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 The guy next to me hasn't woken up yet, it seems it is the same every day 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 At 8:07 the door on the other side opens and suddenly I forget how to breathe again... 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 All that practice and yet instead of words, I get a whole lot of nothing today as well... 🎸🎵

 

“Now this is my song…” Seulgi sighed. “I should just listen to HoneyWorks the rest of the period and reflect how much of a coward I am… At least Seungwan could speak with Bae Joohyun, I don’t even know the name of my crush…”

 

🎵🎸 You just need something simple to start, 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 But I'm lacking that all-important thing called "guts" 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 It's a courage test I got to pass 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 And now really isn't the time to run away... 🎸🎵

 

“It’s not Midori’s fault if she can’t talk to Sena though…” Seulgi pouted. “Saying ‘Hi!’ is enough to make me feel scared. How do people even say hi?”

 

🎵🎸 Warming up with my very best "Good Morning!" 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 Trying to drown out the cowardly voice inside of me 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 I got to give it my all on Friday 🎸🎵

🎵🎸 Otherwise, it going to be another long, depressing weekend... 🎸🎵

 

“Geurae! I should drown out that cowardly voice, yes!” Seulgi chanted. “I definitely have to greet her next time! I-I—she’s here?!”

In a surprise, after having a glimpse of a familiar red hair, Seulgi ducked underneath her table and hid. So much for not being cowardly…

But then, it was almost her instinct. She was not ready, and she was never close to other people on campus. Students expected her to be cold, indifferent, and distant; not a total softie who lacks the skills of asking a girl out. The only girls who know that were probably her childhood friends, and some acquaintances she made in Dance Club. Other than that, nothing.

Besides, Seulgi never had an inkling on how they all do it, making friends she means. Do you walk over, wave your hand, and say hi? But wouldn’t that be weird? If someone does that to Seulgi, she might just ignore them.

Seulgi exhaled, “This is hard… I don’t have to be girlfriends with my crush but being friends is good enough. Still, I couldn’t even return this umbrella without my hand trembling. Why am I so bad at this…?”

Taking a peek above her table, Seulgi let out a sigh of relief when the girl with red hair disappeared. She stood up and was about to sit properly, that is until she noticed her best friend running through the hallways of the third floor.

“Huh…?” Seulgi’s confused. “Is Eunji chasing her again…? But Eunji should pop out by now…? Hmmm…”

In curiosity, Seulgi sneaked outside her classroom doors and looked for her best buddy. She spotted her in front of class 3-C, with trembling hands and… and is that Bae Joohyun?!

“OMO!” Seulgi gasped, covering in amazement of what’s unfolding in the scene before her. Inching closer so she can hear their conversation, her jaw just fell lower and lower.

“Joohyun-ssi! T-there’s something I have to tell you! Today, after the musical rehearsals, at 5:30. Can you please wait for me in the Music Room?”

 

Seulgi never saw her best friend that courageous before.

I’m jealous. She thought. Seungwan’s getting more confident day by day, and here I am, still unable to say good afternoon to the girl that caught my eye.

“Your snot is falling.”

“UWAAAAAAH!—Chorong unnie! Don’t surprise me like that, please? I have a weak heart!” Seulgi protested, clutching her chest at the initial shock. “And what you mean about my snot is falling???”

“You’re pouting too much. I thought you will cry any second and sneeze.” Chorong giggled. “Just kidding. Anyway, your best friend is being braver now. She’s finally confessing, isn’t she? How about you? Heard from Eunji you’re having girl problems too.”

“YOU’RE TEASING ME! Wait until I tell Eunji about this! Someone’s getting dumped by her girlfriend at the end of the d-ack! Yah! Let go of me! DOES EUNJI HAVE A CLUE ON HOW UNLADYLIKE YOU ARE? OKAY SHOOT, STOP! M-my arms! T T“

Chorong let her go and rolled her eyes. “Stop being dramatic. Wendy might fall for it every time just because you’re cute, but I won’t.”

“You’re mean.” Seulgi narrowed her eyes. “Does Eunji even know?”

“Pft. She won’t break up with me even if she knows. Besides, she need not know. I just need to be nice and pretty in her presence, right?” Chorong even batted her eyelashes, as if Seulgi will fall for it.

“Eunji knows it, alright. You’re her type of girl.”

Chorong jabbed her tummy. “What?!”

“OUCH! And you dare ask me after elbowing my stomach, you—fine. Eunji likes pretty but scary girls. You know, the type that you can hold hands with one second and the flip you to the ground the next. Eunji might be more bottom than you thi—HSKDSKD!”

“Yah, continue what you’ll say or I won’t trade information to you.” Chorong threatened. “I know who your crush is.”

“WHAAAAAT?!” 0.0 “YOU KNOW MY CRUSH’S NAME?!”

Gullible. Chorong snickered.

“You’re lying to me.”

Or maybe not. Tsk.

“Fine, Eunji mentioned it the last time that you like a certain red-haired girl but then knowing how our academy never had rules about hair color and such, I would need to search down at least thirty students. You can give me more clues though and I might know who it is.”

Seulgi narrowed her eyes again, still not trusting. “What’s the catch? Why would you tell me her name?”

“Then, tell me Eunji’s likes and preferences.”

Seulgi grinned, “Oh, that’s easy! But wait, why are you running to me and not Solar? She’s a blabbermouth.”

“EXACTLY!” Chorong poked her side. “Once I ask her, the little surprise I’m preparing would easily be out the bag. I can’t risk it.”

“Wow, I can see the total distrust above your head—AISH STOP LOOKING AT ME WITH THOSE TERRIFYING EYES! Are you a snake or what?” Seulgi fixed her uniform and gave up. “Fine. I’ll send you a detailed list later. Now my crush’s name?”

“That’s not a fair deal.”

“You’re the one in need, Chorong unnie.”

“Aish! But give me a clue about who is that crush…?”

“She’s relatively tall, about 170 cm? Red hair, pink lips, cute smile… and oh! I saw her going home with Bae Joohyun once.”

“Oh…” Chorong nodded her head and folded her arms. “That’s easier than I thought. That’s Park Sooyoung, Joohyun’s cousin. Class 2-A smart kid, very pretty and she’s modeling some c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter