Ep 01 - A Solution for Jealousy

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Episode One

 

Son Seungwan is never good with girls.

 

No, she's terrible at it. Even the idea of talking to pretty girls would make her feel twisted knots in her stomach. And that was just the beginning of her predicament.

Seungwan studies in Velvet Academy for Girls. If that does not sound like a nightmare yet, then let me tell you one more fact. Velvet Academy for Girls is the home for the prettiest, most gorgeous, and most eye-catching young ladies in all of South Korea. In every step she takes on campus, a pretty girl would greet her. In every turn she makes, another pretty girl surprises her. It was an endless cycle, and Seungwan is already dying to get out of high school and perhaps see the real world, probably own a cat and live the rest of her life in solitude. 

In fact, when she was in her first year, she thought she couldn't handle it, let alone survive the next two years. She had even filled up her school withdrawal form the first month.

However, things got a little better (or worse) when she met Bae Joohyun, otherwise known as Irene, in a Math elective class.

 

Bae Joohyun, with her pretty, long, black hair like waves of a lake under the moonlight and mesmerizing smile that captivates anyone that comes near her. 

 

Bae Joohyun, who is the talented vice-president of the academy's Drama Club, known both for her passion and skills that sway every single one of the audience. 

 

Bae Joohyun, who has been the apple of Seungwan's eye since day one.

 

Yes, Seungwan harbors feelings for Joohyun for almost three years now. 

 

And yes, she never confessed.

 

You really can't blame her. Joohyun is a campus beauty. Left and right, people offer her flowers, chocolates, and teddy bears with their confession recited like a memorized line from a classic romance book. They would offer their hands, greet the beauty with warm eyes as if Joohyun cast a spell, and they were inexplicably in love. 

 

There's also the truth that Seungwan is a coward and is never one to confess her feelings, but we can talk about that another day. 

 

For now, Seungwan is in a mess, and she does not know what to do with it.

 

"Why do they even want me to write a song? How can I write a song? All I seem to write about is Irene…" Seungwan whined as she walked the familiar halls of their academy. Students were walking back and forth, not minding Seungwan's delightful (but troubled) expression as if they were used with it. 

Ok, Seungwan isn't a loser among the student body. No, it was the total opposite. She's popular without her knowing. Seungwan's not well known because she excludes a flair of elegance, fashion, or wealth like most of the little celebs in their school. She's admired because she's a big sweetheart, with a hand who's always ready to help anyone in need.

And maybe, perhaps, that's the reason she's in a troubling situation right now.

If they ask me to write a song for the school winter play, what am I supposed to do? It might just turn out as another confession song for Irene. 

Seungwan exhaled. Her list of songs stocked in her playlist was all declarations of her feelings, and yet none was heard.

Ah, why does Irene have to be that adorable though? When she smiles, and when she speaks to other people, it was like an angel. The world is unfair. 

Yes, Seungwan only ever thinks about Irene. 

Irene, Irene… and more of Irene…

 

 

Seungwan is not an eavesdropper. 

When she was young, her parents told her to never eavesdrop because it is disrespectful. That was after her parents caught her standing next to the kitchen door as her parents were arguing about what to have for dinner. Of course, it wasn't a big deal, but Seungwan took it to heart. If eavesdropping makes her parents sad because it's bad manners, then Seungwan won't do it. As an adolescent girl who grew up in a loving household, Wendy isn't one to disobey the manners her parents taught her. 

Wendy isn't an eavesdropper. 

 

Not really…

 

"Ehhh--?! So you mean you don't like the gentleman type, Irene?" 

 

… At least not all the time.

                     

Solar and her big mouth!! Seungwan cursed in her mind as she unintentionally listened to the three girls talking at the distance. They were currently having a PE Class with half of the class playing football while the separate half was playing tennis. Irene and her squad were on the half of the field, with tennis rackets at hand near where Seungwan is standing. 

Now, Seungwan wasn't sure if she should be thankful for being the scorer on the ongoing football match or just be in the field. 

Talking about who Irene likes? That is definitely something Seungwan doesn't want to hear.

"But why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter