Ep 04 - A Solution for Jealousy

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Four

 

 

Wendy is best at composing music for the perfect people.

That’s the same reason Eunji entrusted Seungwan with the confession song for the lead role. Seungwan is great at writing songs that feature a character, and Eunji, being the president of the Music Club, uses it in full force.

So the next morning, her expectations are high, unlike Seungwan’s gloomy expression.

 

🎵🎸 ~ please forgive the fact that I’ve fallen in love with you. ~ 🎵🎸

🎵🎸 ~ But as for the courage to tell you… ~ 🎵🎸

🎵🎸 ~ I just don’t have it, since the only thing ~ 🎵🎸

🎵🎸 ~ that’s true are these feelings~ 🎵🎸

 

🎵🎸 ~ Sorry, but... ~ 🎵🎸

 

🎵🎸 I can’t cheer for you! 🎵🎸
🎵🎸 I hope it doesn’t go well! 🎵🎸
🎵🎸 the worst thing you could wish for someone! 🎵🎸
🎵🎸 I’m cheering you badly like this… 🎵🎸
🎵🎸 with this terrible personality of mine 🎵🎸

 

 

After hearing the song, Eunji couldn’t help but release a laugh.

“You know, this works ha-ha. This perfectly shows Liane’s clumsy affection for Estelle. So did you imagine Irene falling in love with someone when creating this—Hey! That’s annoying! Stop! Yah!”

Seungwan didn’t budge and instead kept throwing paper balls at her friend who was sitting next to her. She had her right arm at her table with her head resting on it while her left hand is busy making Eunji’s life hell.

“Can you please not say that out loud? If people hear you, I swear I’ll—”

“What? What will you do?” Eunji challenged, only to receive a crumpled piece of paper straight into . She almost choked before coughing the paper ball out on the floor. “Aish, this girl really! Why are you being gloomy this morning!? Shouldn’t you be delighted that Irene noticed you?”

“IT WAS TOTALLY YOUR DOING, HUH?! DID YOU PUT UP THAT PRANK?” She flashed a glare at her friend, before burying her face back in her arms. “Tsk, I was happy for a moment.”

“Okay, is that why you’re being grumpy? You think someone is pulling pranks on you?”

Seungwan nodded her head, despite still not looking up. “How could Irene notice me, Eunji? She’s like up there and I’m like down here.” Seungwan even showed it with her hands, with her other hand above her head and her right near the floor. “She couldn’t possibly do that. And she is shy, I don’t think she’ll do the first move to talk to me…”

Eunji shrugged, tapping her friend’s back. “It can’t be that bad. Come on, loosen up, the class hasn’t even started and you look so mopey.”

“Please, there has to be a reason it took you this long to decide to finally confess your feelings too, Eunji…” Seungwan mumbled. “The single path of love that persists through time is what they call ‘unrequited love’.”

“I see, I see…” Eunji stood up and chuckled. “I won’t ask you about it. Now come on, there’s nothing a fluffy pancake couldn’t fix.”

“Fine…” Seungwan grumbled, but still willingly followed her friend out who walked out first.

 

And yet when she opened their classroom door, she was in for the shock of her life.

 

“Oh…? Good morning, Seungwan.”

 

!!!

 

It seems like the entire universe stopped. Irene stood there, opposite of her by the doorframe, greeting her with a beam on her eyes as if she had the best morning in the world. Yes, Irene like Bae Joohyun who is Seungwan’s crush for two years now. Bae Joohyun who is now sporting an eye smile on her face which looks like crescents of the moon and every step she takes looks something out of a fluff movie full of romance and junk.

Perhaps Seungwan's heart was melting like ice cream under the sun's scorching heat.

 

Wait a minute…

 

 

"O-Oh?"

 

!!!

 

Seungwan was so lost in thought she didn't realize that they were standing face-to-face, their eyes mirroring each other. When the reality sinks in, Seungwan realized her sweaty palms and her knees that kept trembling. She noted the surroundings until her sight lands on Joohyun's hair, which has a lock sticking up on the left side.

She's dead nervous. How could she not be!? This is their first conversation!

"G-good morning, Joohyun-ssi! Y-you have a bit of a bed hair." She said the last part lower, her voice steadier than she had expected.

"Oh?? Where??" Joohyun's face contorted in panic, trying to neatly put it down in a rush.

"I-it’s right here…" Seungwan pointed her own air, gesturing where it was.

"Thank you, Seungwan-ssi! This is our secret~!" With her index finger on her lips, Irene winked before dashing outside the classroom to the bathroom, probably.

Seungwan figured she could finally relax, and the moment relief washed over her, she heard hurried steps coming back.

“Oh, Seungwan!”

“OH-uh-hi! Aren’t you s-supposed to be f-fixing your hair? Not that it looks bad, but I guessed, since, well, you were in a hurry and I hmm—”

Irene giggled, nodding her head. “I just came back to ask if you liked the cookies? I baked them two nights ago, and I hoped you might like it. I’m sorry if I seem to intrude your private space yesterday but I spotted you and m-my body has a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter