Ep 12 - The Day When I Called Your Name

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Twelve

 

Seungwan is in a great mood, a rare sight for Moonbyul and Solar the following Monday morning on their way to school.

It was quite a surprise for the new couple (are you curious what happened between the two lovebirds? Then anticipate the next chapter! For now, toodles!) As they were expecting a bombard of questions coming from the brown-haired girl. Then again, Seungwan isn’t the nosy one in their group. Not exactly.

“Yeah, I should start this song with piano, then the base comes in and then the drums! Yes!” Seungwan mutters to herself as she held unto her iPad, taking down notes from time to time.

“She will trip eventually,” Moonbyul mumbled, holding hands with Solar on their way to their morning train. “And I’ll pretend to not know her.”

Solar jabbed her stomach. “Yah, can’t you be kinder to her? She’s writing a song, and as her best friend, you should be nice enough to help her! What are you even doing in the drama club, huh?”

“I am one of the actresses!”

“Really? And which role?”

“I have five!” Moonbyul raised her left hand indicating the number. “A senior student, a part-timer, a maid, a cheerleader, and oh! Oh! I’m also a tree!”

“Of course, you’re excited by that. Seulgi is showing off that role the other day too—WENDY LOOK OUT!”

Too late. Solar spotted the rotten banana peel too late and the next thing she saw was Seungwan crouching to the hard asphalt. The two girls immediately ran to their friend’s aid, only to hear a maniacal evil laugh coming from a secluded alleyway. In came Eunji with a wide grin on her lips as if she smelled victory.

“My, my, what a lovely day it is. It is the time that I finally caught the great Son Seungwan! HAHAHA! Everyone, please write it down to your history books and—“

Seungwan stood up and dusted her uniform. Upon seeing Eunji’s presence, she took off her headphones and asked in a confused voice. “Since when were you here?”

“U-Uh…?” The three friends were also confused.

“Yah, Wendy! Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” Solar asked in worry, scanning their friend from any potential injuries.

Seungwan shook her head. “I crouched down to tie my shoelaces…? Huh?” She looked down at her feet and spotted a banana peel. “O-oh! Eunji’s trying to make me slip with that, again? Sorry, that was tactless of me.” She sported a grin before returning back in her own little world. “I’ll try better next time, Eunji!”

“Something good happened during the weekend, am I right?” Eunji asked her friends. “I’m getting used to Seungwan’s loser face since she figured out her crush on Irene. Now, she’s like back to that old, confident Son Seungwan I’ve met in middle school.”

“Is this for the worse or for the better?”

The three shrugged, unsure. Soon enough they reached the subway where their best friend Seulgi is waiting.

“Wannieeeeeee!”

“Ddeuuulgiiiiiiii~!”

“WANNIEEEEEE!”

“DDEUUUUULGI!”

“Eunji, look after your kids please.”

“What?! Those are NOT my kids!!!”

 

Like how Seungwan’s hope stays up throughout the weekend, it took a single scene to deflate all the confidence she had built up. Seungwan didn’t expect herself to be the jealous type.

But it turns out she is.

Well, how am I supposed to have a clue?! I never got way past the confession stage with people I liked before. Ahhh, Irene is just one of a kind.

But I really like her.

Seungwan couldn’t help it but once in a while, she glances up at the far end of the train cab, looking at where Joohyun is standing with her cousin next to her. A guy stood next to them, talking animatedly as if they were all friends.

He’s from Velvet Academy for Boys, huh? He’s good looking too. Why is my crush always surrounded by handsome guys? T T and here I am, a loser.

“Wannie, why do you look sad?” Seulgi asked. “Please don’t be sad.”

Seungwan released an exhale. “I’m not… I’m… just because. Who are you texting on your phone, anyway? You’re at it for a while now…”

“N-no one!” Seulgi replied in frantic, hiding her phone away. “It’s nothing, really!”

“You hiding secrets from me.” Seungwan narrowed her gaze.

“No, no, no, no!”

Seungwan shrugged it off. Seulgi might try to hide it, but Seungwan knows.

She’s texting Sooyoung and being all lovey-dovey on their Sunday dates as if I have no clue. This clueless bear, really…

Now that slumped Seungwan’s spirits more. Ever since the MoonSun couple finally got together, it appeared like she’s the only one in a vague relationship with her crush. Everyone’s having their own fun with their lovers and here she was, still unable to even hold Bae Joohyun’s hand.

But she needs time. Seungwan reminded herself. You liked her for two years, you can wait for more.

And that’s true. Because Joohyun’s worth it.

Because Seungwan knows she has a chance.

While she’s lost in thought, Seungwan unconsciously raised her head to glimpse the black-haired beauty she grew to like. Their eyes held contact, and as her ears turned red, Seungwan looked away.

Dang it, although I’ve calmed my heart a lot already from unexpected eye contact with Irene still pushes me over the edge. This is not good for my heart!! T T

 

Sometimes, Joohyun wants to strangle Chorong and dump her somewhere far off the coast of the country.

Chorong sure is the timid one in their group, but her silence is deadly. Like the black shadow pulling the scenes in the background. So it shouldn’t really be a surprise for Joohyun when Chorong marched to her table first thing that Monday morning, with a lot of blank music sheets and a -eating grin on her face.

“What’s this?” She asked, glaring at the vague papers placed on top of her table.

“Remember how I was tasked to pen a song for the musical? The side of Estelle for the ending?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Write the lyrics for me.”

No, I’d definitely kill her one of these days!

“Yah, why are you passing your work to me?!”

Her friend pouted, slipping in the seat in front of her before giving puppy eyes. “So you see how the Drama Club asked help from the Arts Club for the stage production? I’ll be overseeing the entire props and stage design and backdrops so I indeed have a lot on my plate. Besides…”

“Besides, what?”

This won’t end well.

“Consider this as your confession song for Seungwan.”

“Let me kill you this once, Chorong! Trust me, my fist is itchy right now.”

“Eyyy, you won’t do that! Wendy’s looking this way!”

Joohyun didn’t mean it, but her body acted on its own. She quickly turned her head and glanced behind her to check if Seungwan really is looking at them. Chorong bluffed, though. Seungwan has her headphones on, listening to music as she was reading her notes.

There it is… the usual sight I see from Seungwan. Joohyun observed. She looks pretty but unapproachable when she’s like that. Her short, brown hair suits her a lot though. Well, she used to have long hair, but this looks really pretty too. And she’s like something out of an anime…

Chorong knocked on her head. “Hey! I didn’t say that so you can ogle at your crush! SON SEUNGW—SSKSHSSKSHS!”

Joohyun immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter