Special EP C 『Confession Rehearsal』

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special Episode C『Confession Rehearsal』

 

🎵🎸"I'm sorry if it's sudden 🎸🎵

🎵🎸but I've liked you for a long time" 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Are you hearing the loud, 🎸🎵

🎵🎸fast beating of my heart, I wonder? 🎸🎵

 

The afternoon sun was as majestic as ever that day, golden and grand like something painted by an artist’s hand. The silence would have been overbearing, but Moon Byulyi, preferably called Moonbyul as she wished, didn’t mind. There were no students around, no one except her childhood friend Kim Yongsun who was standing before her with nervous hands and blushed cheeks.

This is the girl Moonbyul is in love with for as long as she could remember.

Moonbyul stood there with a bag resting on her shoulder, waiting for Yongsun to form her words. She didn’t mind if they were standing there for fifteen minutes now. She can wait for eternity. Her knees felt sore though but kept it to herself.

Obviously, Yongsun is having a hard time to speak of what she wants to say.

“I’m sorry… this might seem sudden, I know…” Yongsun finally started. Moonbyul noticed the girl’s eyes that is trying to avoid her gaze. “But I-I… I’ve always liked you!”

Moonbyul felt it, how her heart seemed to skip a beat when that confession was let out. She couldn’t speak, couldn’t even form coherent words in her mind as she kept thinking of Yongsun, Yongsun, and Yongsun.

“Byul…?”

“Yongsun-ah…”

“T-that’s…” Yongsun’s hands trembled more.

“What?”

 

🎵🎸Ha-ha, "You thought that was real, didn't you!?" 🎸🎵

🎵🎸This confession rehearsal 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Was it cute? Were you shocked? 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Don't look at me with your face like that! 🎸🎵

 

“THAT’S JUST A JOKE!!!” And then Solar laughed out loud as if she just delivered the best stand-up comedy there is in the world. “Did that make you flustered? Did your heart go dugeun-dugeun?!”

More like the cruelest joke ever. Moonbyul thought as her heart that grew bigger before deflated in disappointment. What am I even expecting…? She can’t possibly be in love with me. I am always just a childhood best friend… forever and always…

“Hey, Byul-ah?”

“Hmmm…” Moonbyul replied as her interest slipped away each moment. I just got another heartbreak, please spare me…

“Confessing my feelings…” Yongsun trailed off as she stepped past her friend to the doors of their academy. She looked beautiful in Moonbyul’s eyes then. Just her figure against the sun’s natural light. “… They are all just for practice.”

“P-practice?”

Yongsun nodded her head and flashed her best friend a smile. “Until I can gather my courage to confess, please help me.”

Moonbyul felt her fist hardened. No, she will not punch the wall or something. She’s just frustrated, just a little. It was hard not to. The feeling of being led on only to be let down is a different type of heartache.

“Byul-ah… are you mad at me…? Sorry…” Yongsun pouted, scared now Moonbyul’s gaze hardened.

And just like that, Moonbyul inched closer, until her face was only a few centimeters away from Yongsun.

“I’ll… get serious now.”

“W-what do you mean—OWW!”

Moonbyul flicked Yongsun’s forehead and laughed. “That’s what you get for playing around. Come on, let’s have ramen on the way home.”

“Eyyy! You’re not mad?!”

How could I be when you look beautiful no matter what? Moonbyul shook her head at the idea.

“I’ll help you as long as you keep treating me to ramen after class. And I want one from our favorite ramen place!”

“SURE!!! WAAAAH THANK YOU, BYUL-AH!!!!”

And that’s how their regular confession rehearsal started.

 

 

🎵🎸"I'll get serious," you said 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Don't lie to me! Stop it! 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Okay, for today just a little 🎸🎵

🎵🎸Let's stop by some places 🎸🎵

 

 

“And all of that just for ramen before going home?! Moon, that’s insane!” Moonbyul couldn’t even lift her head up as Eunji, Seungwan and Seulgi ganged up on her on their usual game nights.

“Stop making fun of me! Especially you, bear! Speak to me again if you get to find out your crush’s name!”

“Oh please, I’m not making fun of you!” Seulgi laughed, as she stole the controlled from Moonbyul’s hands to play video games next. “I’m just saying you’re the best! At least you ensured afternoon dates with your crush! Look on the bright side!”

“I don’t know if there’s any bright side on our premise.” Moonbyul sighed as she collapsed on their makeshift bed consisting of comforters and pillows right in front of Seungwan’s huge TV. “Because in the end, she’ll be doing all these confessions for someone else.”

“Eyyy, come on now. Who knows, maybe after all these practice confessions, she’ll be only seeing you!”

“That will just all be dreaming…” Moonbyul muttered. “Hey, I guess I’ll just go home first tonight.”

“Huh?” Seungwan glanced at her friend with a pout. “But we’re playing Smash Bros! You’re the best at it, Moon!”

Letting out a chuckle, Moonbyul tapped their heads like kids and grinned. “I can feel a certain dragon messing up my bedroom so I should avoid damage.”

“It still amazes me how your Solar radar works ninety percent of the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter