Ep 05 - A Solution for Jealousy

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Five

 

Dinner is lively as always in the Son’s Residence that evening. It has been almost five years, and yet Seungwan still couldn’t be used with it.

 

You see, Seungwan belongs to a humble family (despite them coming from a wealthy background). It was a small family consisting of her mom, her dad, her older sister Seunghee who’s now in college, her younger sister Yerim and Seungwan. Her parents are loving and her older sister is the kindest of all, her younger sister is still debatable but overall, Seungwan could never ask for more. She’s happy with her family and her life.

And yet when dinner time comes, their family seems to double up or something. Seungwan is even sure her mom’s putting magic in the dinner she makes. Just why do evil people keep popping up every night?!

It just doesn’t make sense, noooo! Seungwan complained, glaring at her unwelcomed guests that evening.

Their long dinner table that could accommodate twelve people are for a great purpose as her friends decided to come over that night, like what they always make sure to do at least once every week.

“Oh my, Seulgi dear you look thinner than the last time I saw you. Eat a lot of rice okay? And Eunji dear, make sure to have some of the kimchee stew. It’s your favorite, right?” Her mom continued doting to her friends, ignoring even her own presence as she grumpily munched on the seaweed flakes.

“Auntie! Your dumplings are very tasty!” Solar beamed, chomping down the food as if her life depended on it. Next to her seats Moonbyul who is now pouring water in a glass knowing that the latter will—

-insert sound of Solar’s choking-

I knew it. Seungwan grumbled.

“Eat slowly, Yongsun-ah! There are a lot more dumplings in the kitchen.” The mother of the family tapped at her second daughter’s shoulders. “Seungwan, dear, please get some more. I placed it the huge bowl, you can’t miss it.”

“What? Why do I have to get it, mom? Yerim can get it!”

“Eyyy unnie, stop passing the chores to me! Mom did tell you!”

“But I’m older than you! Bleh!”

“Aish!” Seungwan slammed her hands down the table and stood up. “Why are you all here, anyway?”

“Seungwan, shut up and bring us more food. It’s rare for me to see your friends and it gets lonely in this house with only you and Yerim bickering all the time.” Her mom scolded her before smiling kindly at her friends. “You all should come over as much as you want okay? I’ll cook a lot of food for all of you!”

“You saw them three nights ago!” Seungwan retorted.

“Hush, now go to the kitchen.”

Seungwan huffed, glaring at her friends who are all snickering at her. So much for those hungry imbeciles.

 

After the eventful dinner, her friends finally decided to part ways and go home. Finally! Seungwan cheered as she settled in her room. Of course, she loves having her friends around but sometimes, like today, she’s dead tired and beaten from schoolwork. She’s yet to finish her song composition too and just this evening, Eunji reached out for another help again.

“One confession song is hard enough… now I have to write the last song of the musical too…” Seungwan muttered, staring at the ceiling of her room, the coolness of her bed wrapping her in comfort. “But Eunji’s right… rather than picking a random love song, an original composition would be better. Well, at least I’m downgraded to an understudy for the musical. I wouldn’t know what I’ll do if I ever get to act for real. I’m just good at songs and singing…”

Just when Seungwan’s about to fall asleep, the door to her room opened revealing her younger sister with an apprehensive expression.

Opening one eye, Seungwan asked. “What is it, Yerim?”

“Aren’t you hanging out in Seulgi unnie’s house tonight?” The younger girl asked, biting her lower lip.

Son Yerim is the youngest of the three sisters and is the one who speaks trouble. Their parents have been called to the principal’s four times already, although she’s in her third year in middle school. The Sons would’ve been really worried by now if it weren’t for the fact that Yerim’s amazing at getting out of trouble too. It was either the lack of evidence or the other party admitting at their fault. So in the end, everything is good, and Yerim is always saved from the constant scolding from their mother.

Seungwan bolted up from her bed and gave her sister a questioning look. “Why are you asking? You can just go over there if you want.”

“Well, I was just wondering, okay? You always sleepover every Friday evening.” Yerim pointed out. “And I did not say I want to come!”

The older girl shrugged. “I’m too tired tonight. But oh! I heard Saeron wanted to play video games with you! Shouldn’t you just come over there?”

Seungwan spotted the beam in Yerim’s face and she inwardly grinned. Checkmate.

“Really?!” Yerim asked, letting a bit of excitement explode.

“Nope.” Seungwan even stuck her tongue out.

“Aish! Stop saying things like that, you ugly squirrel!”

“WHAT?! How can you call your older sister ugly?! And what?! A SQUIRREL?!”

“BUT YOU ARE! UGLY SQUIRREL! UGLYYYY!”

“YOU’RE THE UGLY ONE! STUPID!”

 

On the house next door…

Seulgi is sipping a cup of hot chocolate with a slice of cake in the table. Across her is her younger cousin, Saeron, who is eating dessert with her.

“Seems like Wannie and Yeri are fighting again,” Seulgi mumbled, inhaling the slice of cake easily with munching sounds. “Ohsh thish ish shreally goodsh! Nom. Nom. Nom.”

The younger brunette exhaled disappointedly. “Yeri fights a lot at school too. She’s too immature, unnie.”

“Really?”

Saeron nodded her head, taking a bite of the cake and shrugging. “Well, even a girl needs to have manners, unnie. Seungwan unnie is far better. She’s shy but she’s gentle and sweet. Yeri, on the other hand, keeps on pulling pranks on students and teachers at school.”

“Someone seems to be keeping an eye out for her~” Seulgi teased.

“Someone has to unnie!” Saeron defended. “If I don’t stop her, maybe Mrs. Son will have her fifth visit to the principal's office soon. I swear, Yeri is such a troublemaker. At this rate, she would never have a boyfriend…or girlfriend!”

Yeri... good luck. Seulgi thought.

 

Joohyun is a fan of HoneyWorks, but not a lot of people know that. That’s why when she heard the faint tune of a HoneyWorks song in an abandoned classroom during free time, her heart was beating in excitement. She followed the source of the melody until she stood by the door left opened and peeked inside. There she saw Wendy Son, who has a guitar in her hands, humming a song as she’s probably taking a break.

 

🎵🎸 ~ Standing behind me, you can’t see what’s in front of you ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ So I won’t stop taking you by hand ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ One day, surely ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ My love will change you ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ The promises about the future we make today, ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ The very thing ‘love’ ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ Right now, we’re still too immature ~🎸🎵

🎵🎸 ~ To see beyond tomorrow ~🎸🎵

 

 

She has a good voice… no wonder Eunji kept pushing her as an understudy for our musical…

Joohyun was too engrossed to the song, she didn’t realize a figure stepping a little too close.

That is until…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter