Ep 07 - A Solution for Jealousy

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: unedited lols 

 

Episode Seven

 

When Eunji first saw Seulgi and Seungwan during middle school, they were different.

Seulgi and Seungwan were almost like twins, always a pair that can never be separated. All their classes and electives were the same. They didn’t join any clubs, nor did they even seek to be friends with their classmates. They only talk within themselves, worried about themselves, and when kids try to approach them, they have this wicked strategy to keep them away.

Seulgi and Seungwan is that pair in the last two seats next to the window, in the far right of the classroom. They have their own private bubble that no one can seem to pop.

And when people look at them, their expressions were always neutral, not a hint of emotion or interest. They looked like two indifferent friends who least cared about the world and only cared about themselves.

But they were insanely popular, either by the wealth, their beauty, or their family background.

Seulgi and Seungwan is the unreachable pair, and no matter how much you try to extend your arms to get a hold of them, you can’t. You won’t be able to. They were always up there.

Always.

 

Then that day came.

It was a pleasant spring day when the three of them first met. The sun hid behind the cumulus clouds in the horizon with the wind gentle but strong against their blue uniforms. There were no students around but the three who found themselves on the school’s rooftop.

By chance? Not exactly.

“Please sign up for the Literature Club.” The black, short-haired, 12-year-old girl bowed right in front of the duo who is looking down at her “Please!”

At that time, Eunji was the head of the little club that no one was really interested in. The club only has three members; Eunji, Moonbyul, and Yongsun. However, it was the school’s rule to have five members before a club can be fully implemented. They were short of two members and the silent duo of class 1-B is the last chance.

Hence, the Literature Club’s President Jung Eunji took action and persuaded the two to join their team.

She didn’t expect it to be difficult.

Moonbyul should have told me they are scary! Eunji thought.

 

And yes, the two friends were very frightening with their narrowed gaze and folded arms as if they were berating Eunji’s murder. Their stance was very similar as if one was a mirror image of the other if it weren’t for their distinct features from one another. The young girl felt her skin shiver, not having a clue of how the two girls will react.

One… Two… Three.

“We won’t join. We’re not interested.” They answered simultaneously, which caught Eunji by surprise. “It wouldn’t be fun. What do you even do in a Literature Club?”

Are they twins? How come they get to speak the same thing at the same time?!

“It’s f-fun, I swear!” Eunji denied as she finally looked up. “W-well, we have planned no club activities yet b-but… it’ll be fun! Read books, watch classic movies, probably go out and watch a live musical theater or something…”

“I like vinyl records,” Seungwan said.

“I like red velvet ice cream cakes,” Seulgi added.

“We can have that both!” Eunji quickly supplied. “It’s that no one else in school wants to join and Ms. Kim said five members or no club! The Literature Club is important to me so, please! Join us!”

“Still no.” The two of them answered before turning around to leave. Both have their hands on the straps of their backpacks, their dark brown hair moving against the wind almost at the same pattern.

“Please! We can do everything you want! Just please join!”

Eunji was that desperate.

But that paused the two girls from walking away. They turned their heads to give a smile at the young girl who’s almost at her knees.

“Everything Seungwan and Seulgi want, you say?” That’s Seungwan.

“And no take-backs?” That’s Seulgi.

Eunji nodded her head. “Yes.” She’s that desperate.

It’s not like we will do something illegal, right?

 

Wrong. Eunji was wrong. She didn’t expect the trouble Seungwan and Seulgi will bring in their lives.

“A dating event?! B-but we are middle schoolers! Aren’t we too young? The principal will be mad at us!!! No, she’ll be mad at me!!!” Eunji screamed as if the idea will make her cry in any second soon.

“Eh. But you said we can do anything we want.” Seungwan grinned.

“Please order many cakes that day.” Seulgi even winked.

And Eunji couldn’t help but agree. Seungwan and Seulgi in middle school are just pure evil for her twelve-year-old mind.

So the dating event was pushed, and girls from all over the campus flocked at their clubroom with the chance to get a short date with Seungwan or Seulgi.

“I can’t believe you agreed with this,” Moonbyul told her friend who was shaking her head in embarrassment.

“I also don’t know why I did, Moon. I must be crazy for a moment. I must be!” Eunji groaned cutely, burying her face in the chef hat she was wearing. It was all for a show, anyway.

“Well, I think it’s not that bad.” Yongsun smiled, pursing her lips sneakily toward the two girls. “I think Seungwan and Seulgi has a reason.”

“What do you mean?”

Their little friend shrugged before pointing at the two girls seated on the couch with other students surrounding them.

“They’ve been glancing at the doors for thirty times now.” Yongsun showed it while turning her palms three times. “I think they are waiting for someone.”

 

That afternoon, on the way home, little Eunji was tired of the day. She had too much cake, and she felt very sleepy. She was about to go out of the school gates if it weren’t for the familiar shadow of the two girls she’s known for a while now.

Along with them is another girl though, a pretty one who is looking at the ground with a blushing face.

“Chaeyoung, I like you!” Seungwan confessed with cheeks flushed and trembling hands. “P-Please go out with me!”

O.O what is it I just heard?

“I’m sorry… I-I like Seulgi.” The girl’s response, an immediate answer that even broke Eunji’s heart.

What is even heartbreak for a young middle-school student? It would have stung a lot.

“I’m sorry too…” Seulgi answered, looking down with a pout. “I don’t like you. I like cakes, though.”

“I-is that so? I t-think I should go now…” The girl excused herself and left. “I-I’m sorry, Seungwan. It’s just that… you’re not really my type.”

Eunji stood there, stunned at what escalated moments before. Her brain got rewired a minute later after hearing the sobs of Seungwan who is sitting in the grass with her puffed eyes. Seulgi is hugging her best friend with hush whispers, hoping to ease the cries of the young girl.

“I-is that why you wanted to do the dating event…?” Eunji dared to ask as she finally stepped out of her hiding spot. “Seungwan wants to see that girl and confess?”

Seungwan is still left in tears so Seulgi nodded her head, an obvious sadness on her face.

“Ddeulgi didn’t want Wannie to go alone, so I came with her. I-I didn’t know that girl likes me though.” Seulgi sighed. “If it weren’t for me, m-maybe Seungwan would’ve stood a chance.”

Oh, shoot.

Seulgi started crying too, hugging her best friend tighter. “Wannie, Ddeulgi is sorry! I d-didn’t know! Please don’t leave Ddeulgi, Wan! You’re my only friend! I don’t need cakes anymore, so please don’t leave me! I-I will also find you a prettier girl! The one who will only see you, Wannie! Huhuhuhu!”

“I won’t leave you, Ddeulgi! huhuhuhu! I only need you, my best friend!”

So… is this the real Seungwan and Seulgi…? Eunji’s immature mind wondered. Mom said we should not judge video games by its teasers.

Eunji became sad because of that. They were probably shy to make friends, that’s why they are scary-looking. Mom said I should always be friendly to people though… Okay!

“You two don’t cry anymore!” Eunji stepped forward and patted their heads with a single smile. “Those girls are mean. So you don’t have to cry about them. There will be other better people for you if you wait! My mom said that our destiny wouldn’t always come early in our lives! Maybe we’ll meet them when we reach high school!”

The two girls wiped their tears away and looked up at Eunji with marvel in their eyes.

“R-really?” They both sobbed.

Eunji nodded her head in confidence. Flashing her best eye smile, she handed the two girls a plastic with extra slices of cake inside. (It was their lefto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter