Eight

Odd

I glanced around the room, everyone was confused but nobody spoke. Jungkook had just finished putting his number in my phone and I felt my heart at ease. It was quiet now and almost awkward.

"So does that mean?" Yoongi broke the silence, seemingly calm he just held his hand out towards Taehyung and Jimin.

"Y-ya." Jimin answered looking away, nobody commented nor did they move. I was starting to feel bad for them and felt myself jump to hug them both at once.

"Congrats then!" I knew they barely knew me but I also knew that unless someone took initiative then noone would speak. 

"It might be a shock but ya congrats." Jungkook was the first to follow my lead getting up to pat them on the shoulders. Finally I let go of them and could see that they were surprised but happy. "Now, I know this will be some fun news for you Mina but we can't have your friend finding out about them." I felt myself freeze just thinking about how hard it would be to keep this from her. "She can know about us but that's it." His voice was a little bit cold and I found myself glancing up to make sure it was Infact him. Seeing that his eyes were soft and gentle I nodded agreeing to be cooperative.

"Alright now that that's out for the way, we need to bring Mina home." Seokjin waved, getting everyone's attention. I could tell they cared more about me being an outsider than about the couple in the group. Knowing it was the right thing to do I nodded. Picking up my phone I told my friend to meet me where she had left me the night before. Jungkook agreed to bring me and to no surprise Taehyung came with us.

Realising we were walking to the place I felt nervous to see my friend after the night. We walked in silence for some reason nobody felt comfortable to talk. Finally we got to the place my friend was and I could see her looking around nervously.

"No affecting between you two in public. Got it?" Taehyung was sturn but gentle, careful not to speak to loudly.

"Fine." Jungkook grumbled in agreement while I just stared ahead. Finally we were close to her, I started to run up to her.

"Emma!" I found myself stopping as I realized Jungkook and Taehyung weren't following me. They stood in place for a bit before lifting their hands to wave and walk away. I could see they were being safe so I waved back. I felt myself being grabbed from behind as Emma wrapped me in a hug.

"So? How was the birthday?" She whispered into my ear making me suspicious. "Look I know nothing just pretend it didn't happen, but did you at least get his number this time?" She seemed curious but for some reason I felt uneasy telling her. I shook my head and she let go. "Damn, oh well just figure out a way to meet him then." She grabbed my bag strap again pulling me towards our apartment.

Finally we arrived back home and I set my bag down on the counter. Checking my phone to see if Jungkook sent me a text, I could feel myself getting disappointed when there was no message. *Stupid guy just leaves me hanging.* Emma tried to look over my shoulder while I checked my phone but I closed it before she got a look.

"Oh come on! If you have his number just tell me!" She started pouting like a child. I knew I couldn't tell her yet. "Fine, but at least tell me what happened." She pulled my arm bringing me to the couch.

"Well I was pretty drunk so it's a bit fuzzy but I think we kissed." Pure silence filled the room. Turning to look at her I could see her face was frozen in shock.

"You what?!?" She jumped up now standing infront of me. "You KISSED Jungkook?! And you didn't get his number?!" She was freaking out now making it hard to try and hide the rest of what happened. "Where? When? How was it? Was he dominating? Controling? Did he drink too?" She started to pelt me with questions when my phone started to ring. Feeling like I could use this to end the conversation I picked it up fast.

"Hello?" I could hear Jungkook on the other end. "Don't worry." From how I was talking he guessed Emma was right there. "Ya sure. No problem. Bye" I hung up the phone after confirming that we would meet at my place next. Emma stood watching me like a hawk.

"Who was that?" She knew I didn't pick up the phone for just anyone so I had to think fast. 

"It was my sister, she was just calling to ask if we could meet for coffee." I hoped she took the bait. And after she nodded I felt that she did. Finally she left me alone.

J- u alone?

M- ya

J- gd look I'm going overseas for a while so I won't be able to talk to u... When I get back I'll shoot you a text! Then we can meet!

M- oh... Alright, enjoy and I guess I'll see you then

My heart sank hearing that he was going to be gone for a while, but I knew it was part of the territory of pretty much dating a celebrity. Spending the rest of the day just texting him as much as I could, I let myself fall for him properly. I was always keeping a barrier up in my mind regarding him but now I let that go, feeling that just maybe he will choose me for the long run.