Four

Odd

The drive back to the apartment was quiet and uncomfortable. I had wanted to maybe give Mina a hug before she left but this guardian had other ideas. Finally once we got inside the building I felt like I could breath again. I stopped at the door just thinking about how I had broken privacy by bringing Mina here.

"Just get inside, I want to sleep now that I don't have to watch you." Taehyung opened the door pulling me in before I could say anything. "What was your real reason for bringing her here?" He asked holding my shirt collar his eyes stabbing like daggers. "I doubt you wanted a drinking buddy. I also don't believe that you had no intention of trying to sleep with her." I felt my heart racing, everything he said just made my mind go numb while I tried to find answers. "What would've happened if we didn't come home? Clearly you were struggling to control her on your own." I could hear him getting angry, and so could the rest of the group who crept out of hiding trying to see if they could grab Taehyung before he did anything. "But, I'll admit, you did look like it was mainly the alcohol affecting you." With that he lowered his hand backing off. "I'm going to sleep." Turning away he didn't even try to avoid the others as they moved out of his way.

"Honestly, thank god you guys came home." I went off to the couch sitting where I had sat last night. Silently the others followed. "No sense of personal space. Heh, I don't think I'll be seeing her again." I dropped my head back on the couch my hand covering my face. She was cute, I kept remembering her smiling while her cheeks were lightly flushed. It seemed like it was going to haunt me.

---***---***---

It had been maybe a month since I had run into Jungkook, and I kept thinking back to how stupid I was for just drinking like that. I always felt like that after drinking, I hated it but at the same time I liked my confidence and the feeling of being close to people. I was naturally closed off and reserved, but I loved skinship, my only problem was how shy I was. I barely kept track of anything going on in the Kpop community, usually just finding myself playing songs here and there. The first time I checked my phone after getting back, I wanted to see if he maybe put his number. But he hadn't done that, reminding me this was how the real world worked.

"Mina!" I turned to see my friend running after me. "Can you not run off again?!? The last time you did this you wound up with Jun-" I covered glaring at her. She nodded under my hand. Letting her go I continued walking. "So where do you want to go for your birthday?" She slipped next to me grabbing my arm.

"Emma, don't ing to me, you know I don't like it." I pulled my arm away. She sighed next to me then just held onto my bag strap. "Think we can go drinking? I know you don't let me alone." I had wanted to try to drink again to see if anything would change.

"No. That's a hard no." I hung my head as Emma didn't even stop to think. "You know exactly why I won't let you. The last time we went together you tried running off." Trying to ignore her I kept walking. "How about this. You can have one drink and then we can go for a walk?" I looked at her not seeing how that was fair, but agreed.

We went to a little bar, music was playing in the background. Emma was keeping an eye on me, making sure to order snacks and not let me order a drink until I had eaten a good amount.

"Mina, don't go ordering the strongest thing you can think of." She looked at me with her eyes sparkling, I knew she cared for me which made me happy. Deciding to order something sweet, I drank it slightly faster than I wanted. The night passed and I had another drink handed to me by the bartender.

"It's from him." He pointed to some older gentleman who smiled and winked. "I overheard your friend and saw her feeding you, but you also look like you want this. Have it and I won't tell her." Emma had gone to the washroom not long before this. Feeling tipsy and wanting the drink I accepted it. Chugging it down before Emma could get back. 

"Let's go walking!" She came back full of energy, grabbing me by the arm. She paid the tab and dragged me out the front door. The second drink was much stronger than the first one I had. And I felt my arms turning to noodles. Then I stumbled over my feet falling to the ground. "Mina! Did you have more?!?" Emma tried to catch me but failed. I just sat there giggling lightly. Shaking her head at me, I could see her struggle to pick me up. "Come on Mina! Just help me a little!" I felt her pulling my arms as she tried to lift me. Eventually I found some footing and she hung one arm over her shoulders using that to keep me up. "Stupid person, can't even listen to me tell you not to drink." Suddenly we stopped walking and I sat on the floor.

"Hey, long time no see." The familiar voice of Jungkook was above me, turning to look at him I could see his eyes soften when he noticed me. "You went drinking didn't you." He sounded disappointed and I shook my head, thinking he would believe me. "Can I borrow her?" He reached down grabbing my arms and lifting me up.

"Uh, ya go right ahead." Emma stammered out still frozen in place. I felt myself falling asleep where I stood.