New Years Eve

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her pout was adorable but had lasted for much too long. While Jisoo and Lisa had celebrated a very Merry Christmas, Rosie had been walking around like a sulking teenager, wearing blankets instead of little black dresses, eating candy instead of proper food, singing depressing heartbreak songs instead of cheery Christmas songs.

 

The list went on and on, and her two best friends were getting kinda sick of it.

 

“Your heart isn’t even broken!”

 

“It might as well be,” she sighed dramatically, slowly popping a single popcorn into .

 

“How?! How is this heartbreak?” Lisa looked completely flabbergasted at her best friend’s behavior.

 

“Is my love here, huh? Is she? Didn’t think so.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Jisoo sat down next to her Academy Award Winning actress of a best friend and dared steal some popcorn from her. “Be honest though Lis, she’s way more upset about this than she was about her last three break ups.”

 

“Finally, someone who gets me, thank you Chu.”

 

“Nah, I’m with Lis, you’re being dramatic as hell. Do you really think Jennie’s sitting alone in some hotel room weeping right now?”

 

Uh-oh, wrong thing to say. Just the mention of Jennie crying made Rosie burst into tears. “What if she is? At least I have you two, she’s all alone by herself in a strange place without the love of her life!” Lisa had to bite her arm to prevent herself from laughing out loud. Everyone thought Rosie was this strong, in-your-face woman who wasn’t afraid of anyone or anything, and they weren’t wrong per se, but that was a far cry – pun intended Lisa thought to herself – from the woman on their couch right now.

 

“Sweetie, I know it that Jennie had to go to Europe for Christmas, but this was a huge opportunity for her, and she had to do this. Besides, while I know she’s missing you, she’s not alone and you two talk every day so you know she’s fine.”

 

“…not every day.”

 

“Not every day?”

 

“I haven’t heard from her today…” Rosie was looking down, picking at invisible lint as her lower lip jutted out adorably. Jisoo was almost tempted to take a photo just so she could send it to Jennie and show her how ridiculously adorable and impossible her girlfriend was being.

 

“It’s New Year’s Eve, I think she was at a party last night. She’s probably just sleeping it off before a new party tonight.”

 

Once again, uh-oh, wrong thing to say.

 

“So you’re saying I’m here all alone and sad while she’s having the time of her life with Chanel in Paris?”

 

“Rosie, babe, I love you but you’re being ridiculous. C’mon, you know Jennie misses you like crazy and she knows how much you miss her. She asked you if it was okay that she went, she’s only gone for ten days, and you know how much this means to her.”

 

That pouty lower lip got just a little bit poutier. “I know. And I’m so happy for her and proud of her. It’s not that…”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“New Year’s Day is kinda our unofficial anniversary.”

 

“Wait, what? I thought your anniversary was January 11?”

 

“It is, that’s the day we became official. But before then, on New Year’s Day I kinda confessed to her.”

 

Lisa’s shriek was deafening. “How did we not know this!!”

 

“We never told anyone. We were kinda in limbo for those ten days.” It was clear to both Lisa and Jisoo that telling this story, even after years together, was wiping the pout off of Rosie’s face.

 

“Tell us everything, omg this is so cute.” No one loved a good love story more than Lalisa Manoban.

 

“I’d had a crush on her for a while, but I was too scared to tell her in case it would ruin our friendship. I don’t know if you remember, but we have a party that day, and I got drunk and kinda told her I had a secret to tell her. I chickened out before I could tho. Then later that night, Jennie kissed me. It wasn’t a deep kiss or anything like that. It was a ‘midnight on NYE’ kiss, but it still meant the world to me. I couldn’t stop thinking about my feelings for her, it was driving me crazy.

 

“The next day I told her. And she started laughing! Can you believe that? I told her my big secret, and she started laughing at me!” At that, Rosie started chuckling herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter