Nice Top

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This story is dedicated to the girl who’s currently making me incredibly happy, even though she’s also keeping me too busy to write xx

 

 

 

“The girls will be here soon, Seulgi just texted me that they’re in the car. Are you two just gonna sit there all day?”

 

“Hey, we’ve gotten dressed today haven’t we?” Jennie glared at Lisa as she snuggled further into Rosie’s side while Jisoo and Lisa were busying prepping the dorm for their little get together with the Red Velvet girls, something Lisa and Seulgi had planned during their simultaneous How You Like That/Monster comeback stages. Rosie had tried helping out too, more than once, but then Jennie would growl and possessively hold onto her with all four limbs and threaten to flip over the table with all their alcohol, resulting in Jisoo telling Rosie she was not allowed to move.

 

“Jennie threatened to go psycho so Jisoo told us to stay put.”

 

“Hehehe you’re welcome baby.” Jennie’s smirk was borderline creepy as she popped a handful of fresh popcorn into , the buttery treat being extra satisfactory when she’d once again threatened her way out of party prepping.

 

“Why does Jisoo never punish you for being crazy?”

 

“Because I’m her best friend and she loooooooves me.”

 

“And she’s secretly terrified of you?”

 

“…and she’s secretly terrified of me just like Dalgom is terrified of Kuma.”

 

“There we have it. Just behave today, okay?”

 

“Of course I will, my bestie Irene is coming.”

 

“And because your girlfriend specifically asked you to?”

 

“…and because my girlfriend specifically asked me to.” She mumbled through a mouthful of delicious, mouthwatering popcorn. “You know what’s the only thing that could make this popcorn better?” Receiving only a semi-interested look from Rosie in return, Jennie gleeful added, “Rice! Rice makes everything better! Rice is wonderful and versatile and delicious and nutritious, though it doesn’t have the amino acids and vitamins of a potato.”

 

“I know. For our first date you gave me rice as a side dish to the korean fried rice you’d made, and you were still concerned that it wouldn’t be enough rice.”

 

“Mmm, rice.” She mumbled dreamily as her girlfriend rolled her eyes and nudged her, “you’re such a doofus Jen.”

 

“But you love me?”

 

“…But I love you.”

 

“The girls are here!” Jisoo rushed past them to go open the door as Jennie clutched onto Rosie even tighter when she felt the younger girl move even just slightly. Rosie loved the little rascal, but she sure was a handful.

 

Lucky for her, she’s cute as a button.

 

They heard chatter in the hallway before the Red Velvet girls began piling into the living room, casually plopping down on available services as they made themselves at home. Yeri was last, giving Jennie and Rosie a huge smile as she walked in, “Hey Chaengie, nice top!”

 

The compliment made Rosie light up as she was particularly fond of the ensemble she was wearing that day, “Thanks, I boug-” she didn’t get to finish her sentence though, before Jennie seemingly casually (though everyone in the room knew she was secretly fuming) piped in, “I have a name…”

 

Irene and Seulgi were trying hard not to burst into laughter as they fell onto each other covering their mouths, Joy didn’t even bother trying to contain it, while Wendy and Yeri just looked surprised as both Jisoo and Lisa screeched out a collective “oh my god!”

 

“Jennie Kim shut up.”

 

“What? I do!”

 

“She wasn’t talking about you and you know it.” Jisoo’s eyes were daring Jennie to talk back at her one more time, and this time the younger girl finally backed down as she felt Rosie’s comforting hand on her lower back soothing circles.

 

“Fine. Yes, it’s a nice top.” She said with her arms crossed and a clear humph in her voice, but Rosie didn’t miss how she added ‘but I’m nicer’ under her breath, making an airy laugh escape her before she kissed the temple of Jennie’s head. “The best top.”

 

“Damn gay I am.”

 

“You can say the word straight even though you aren’t, you know?”

 

“That word isn’t in my vocab.”

 

“How would you describe your hair?”

 

“Not curly.” Jennie was so casually confident that Rosie could do nothing but roll her eyes and kiss her temple before joining in on the conversation Lisa and Joy were having next to her.

 

They were an endless amount of soju bottles in when Lisa noticed Yeri looking around like a lost puppy. “Whatcha looking for baby bird?”

 

With a cute pout, she plopped back down on her pillow on the floor and looked dejected. “I was looking for the cuttlefish chips, but I don’t think you have any.”

 

“Oh, Jisoo did you forget to put them out? I know we got some at the store earlier.” Lisa frowned as she looked over at her unnie before scanning her half-bleary eyes over the table herself in case Yeri had missed it.

 

“I put out two bowls earlier, I swear I did!”

 

“Oh, maybe you left them in the kitchen, I’ll go look.” Before Irene could get on her feet, however, they heard the not-so-subtle sound of class clinking against glass, eight pairs of eyes shooting in Jennie’s direction as she gave them a sheepish smile before everyone looked at the two empty bowls in her lap.

 

“You ate ALL the cuttlefish crisps?!” Jisoo wasn’t sure if she should be angry, impressed, or unsurprised by Jennie’s action as she watched Jennie pop the very last piece into , everyone watching in stunned silence and she completely silently ate it.

 

“You used your silent chewing to eat two bowls undetected! What the Jen, you know everyone loves those!” Lisa was apparently less unsure about feelings; betrayal and anger filling her normally honey voice.

 

“They’re my favorite!” The sheer disappointment had seemingly sobered Yeri up, her eyes sad as she stared at the empty bowls previously filled with delicious treats.

 

“The guys at Knowing Bros wouldn’t dare to laugh at me now.” Her voice was as smug as her smirk. “And I know they are, Yeri, this is payback for your previous comment.”

 

“I-” looking around bewildered, her eyes stopped at Irene; potentially the only person in the room who could truly stand up to Jennie. “I was complimenting Rosie’s top!”

 

“And I have a name!”

 

“Jennie!” Jisoo was giving up. Jennie was a lost cause, once she started this ridiculous behavior there was little to no stopping her. Except maybe Chaeyoung…

 

“Fine, I’m sorry okay? We have some rice in the kitchen if you’d like some?”

 

“No, of course I don’t want rice! Get me my cuttlefish!”

 

Tugging on Jennie’s shirt, Rosie leaned in to whisper in her ear, “c’mon, let’s go down to the corner store and get some so Jisoo and Lisa can stop glaring at you.”

 

“…fine.”

 

“Jennie and I will go get some for you right now, Yerimmie. C’mere babe.” Holding out her hand for Jennie, Rosie dragged her irascible girlfriend out of the room, mouthing an ‘I’m sorry’ to the rest behind Jennie’s back. “You’re ridiculous, you are that right? I feel like I say that a lot.” She said as they walked down the street, fingers t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter