Forever Yours

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim opened the door to find a 7-year-old Roseanne Park smiling brightly at her. "Hi Mrs. Kim! Is Jennie home?"

Mrs. Kim smiled gently at the little girl and stepped to the side to let her in. "She sure is, come on in."

Roseanne stepped into the very familiar entrance and Jennie’s mom closed the door behind her before she walked over to the staircase.

"Jennie, Roseanne is here." She called up the stairs and two seconds later they heard the sound of small feet running in the hallway above and then down the stairs. As soon as she reached the bottom she ran into her best friend’s arms and hugged her tightly.

"Rosie! I missed you so much."

Both girls closed their eyes and Rosie gently smelled Jennie’s hair. It smelled like tropical flowers and ever since Rosie had first smelled it it had been her favorite smell. "I missed you too, Nini."

Mrs. Kim watched the two girls and gently shook her head with a smile on her face. They had seen each other yesterday and even said goodnight on the phone. They were definitely close.

Jennie pulled out of the hug and turned towards her mother. "Mum, can Rosie and I go to the park? Please, we promise to be careful."

Mrs. Kim nodded, "Okay, but don't be too late. Be home by five at the latest, okay?"

Jennie looked at her watch and saw that it was 12:30, which meant that they'd have lots of time in the park. "Thank you mum. Come on Rosie, let's go!" Jennie put on her shoes and grabbed her book that was lying on a chair in the entranceway.

They both said goodbye to her mom and as soon as they stepped outside their hands instinctively found each other. They walked hand in hand towards the park and sat down under their favorite tree, Rosie’s head in Jennie’s lap.

"Do you want me to read for you, Rosie?"

Rosie nodded and started playing with the hem of Jennie’s dress as she opened the book. It was their favorite, Alice in Wonderland. They would often sit under this tree and talk or read. Jennie was by far the better reader of the two, being a year older, and she'd usually read out loud to Rosie. Rosie loved it though because Jennie had the most angelic voice she had ever heard.

'Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!'

"You know the song, perhaps"

"I've heard something like it," said Alice.

"It goes on, you know," the Hatter continued, "in this way:

'Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea-tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle-'"

Here the dormouse shook itself, and began singing in its sleep.

"Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle, twinkle-"

and went on so long that they had to pinch it to make it stop.

Rosie’s eyes were closed, and she just listened as Jennie’s voice flowed through the air. Jennie was an amazing storyteller and whenever she read Alice in Wonderland to Rosie, she'd add an array of different voices. For some reason she had always read Alice's lines in a British accent and Rosie loved that. In the beginning she would always giggle when Jennie did that, but she was so used to it now that she simply smiled and thanked God for 'giving' her Jennie.

Jennie read a few chapters for them before she put the book down next to her and ran her fingers through Rosie's hair. "Your hair is the prettiest I've ever seen, Rosie."

Every time Jennie complimented her, Rosie would feel butterflies in her stomach and her cheeks would instantly become a lot warmer. Rosie nuzzled into Jennie's dress, "You're just saying that."

Jennie shook her head vigorously and continued running her hands through the long, black hair. "No way. It's so soft and shiny. I never get tired of look at it and touching it."

Rosie flipped around so she was looking up at Jennie, a beautiful smile was gracing her lips. "Thank you. I think your hair smells amazing. I love your hair too. Sometimes I wish my hair was blonde though.”

Jennie bent down and placed a chaste kiss on Rosie's forehead. "Thank you, Rosie. Do you think I could braid your hair? My mum taught me a new one. And besides, I love your hair the way it is, even more than if it was blonde."

Rosie nodded and sat up so she was sitting cross-legged in front of Jennie, her cheeks blushing furiously at the compliment Jennie had given her. Jennie combed her fingers through the dark hair until it was as tame as she could get it and then she began braiding it. Her tongue was sticking out slightly, like it always did when she was focusing. After a little while she took off the elastic band that was around her wrist and tied it in Rosie's hair.

"There we go. You look beautiful."

Rosie tentatively to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter