Watermelon Sugar pt.1

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s my birthday (July 1)!

 

I’ve had a great day with my friends, and as a present I am hereby giving you this chapter. I’ve had to divide this story in two as I’m not finished with it and I wanted to get something out today. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to write anything while on holiday, so I need to catch up now.

 

Happy Blackpink comeback!! How amazing isn’t HYLT? I can’t believe all the records they broke.

 

--------------

 

“I swear to ing anyone that will listen, and their entire families, that this girl is impossible.” Jennie groaned as she picked up her now extremely heavy bag.

 

“Who?”

 

“My freaking soulmate.”

 

“How do you know it’s a girl?”

 

“You have no idea how much make up I’ve found. It’s either a girl, or a very fancy boy. Based on the bras that are also not mine, I’m gonna say it’s a girl.”

 

“What did she do this time?”

 

“Let’s just say that my bag is probably ten kilos heavier than it was when we arrived. Let’s see what I’m getting today.” She and Jisoo gathered around as Jennie slowly opened the zipper, Jisoo bursting into laughter as Jennie groaned louder than ever.

 

“Ffs, who loses a melon? An entire ing watermelon, Jisoo! WHO LOSES A WATERMELON?!” Jennie was so over this. She wanted to find her soulmate just so she could yell at her and buy her 5000 Tiles to attach to every single thing she owns.

 

“Your soulmate is way more fun than mine, she’s not even my soulmate and I love her already.” Jisoo basically had tears running down her face from laughing too much while watching Jennie haul the small watermelon out of her backpack, wondering what on earth to do with it.

 

“If I leave it here, does it get returned to her? Like, does it count as my possession now, so if I ‘forget’ it here and lose it, does she get it back?”

 

Jisoo laughed even harder, hitting the table as she tried to gather her composure. “I have no idea, but I’m truly loving this.”

 

“What sort of things have you gotten?”

 

“Some keys, and one AirPod once.”

 

“Nothing when you were a kid?”

 

“Nope. Got my first thing when I was 13.”

 

“I got so many things as a kid that my mom started joking that she didn’t need to buy me any toys. I feel bad for her parents, I’d be pissed if my kid lost that much stuff.”

 

“I’m almost more excited to meet your soulmate than I am to meet mine.”

 

“Who even came up with this stupid system? Who decided that ‘hey, let’s give people two hints at who their soulmate is, let’s take a vote on the two – ok, one’s decided, whatever your soulmate loses ends up in your possession.’ I think whoever out there in the universe decided that did not anticipate that one person could lose so much stuff.”

 

“Maybe the universe is trying to tell you that you’re too uptight, and you need to balance yourself out with someone who’s a bit more carefree and messy.”

 

“I am NOT uptight.” The fact that she said this while straightening out her tweed Chanel jacket didn’t exactly drive her point across. All that was missing were some riding boots and a crop, and she’d look like she came straight out of a Horse & Hound article about influential Ladies of the Manor and their crazy expensive horse collection.

 

“Sure you’re not.” Jisoo smirked as she popped a piece of muffin in . “At least the other hint is pretty cool though,” she continued, referring to the 0,5x5cm mark on their wrists which was the color of their soulmate’s hair.

 

“You only say that because your soulmate’s hair color works with pretty much everything, do you know how hard it is to match,” she pulled up her sleeve showing off her soulmate mark, “dark pink with vintage Chanel? It doesn’t work Jisoo! She began coloring it when I was 12 and it’s driving me crazy, I never know if it’ll match next season’s fashion!”

 

“Well, the most adventurous you’ve ever been with your hair was that one summer where you got brown highlights. Your soulmate probably thinks her mark is broken.”

 

“I’m just being a responsible adult with a responsible hair color and cut.”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. She loves the girl, but damn if she isn’t hardheaded. “Ok, grandma.”

 

“That’s it, this is yours now.” Jennie pushed the watermelon towards her best friend, picked up her now considerably lighter bag, and walked out the door. Jisoo, never one to say no to free food, excitedly placed it in her own bag before following Jennie out the door. “I hope it’s sweet and seedless.”

 

Jennie’s arms were crossed across her chest, an annoyed frown replacing her usually lovely features. “I just don’t understand why the universe is punishing me. What did i do to deserve this?”

 

Jisoo didn’t have the heart to tell her that she actually feels worse for Jennie’s soulmate for having to put up with her for the rest of her life. “I’m sure that once you meet your soulmate, you’ll see how good of a match you two are.”

 

Jennie hated it when Jisoo was even just the tiniest bit right. Who’s she to come here with her words that actually make sense, seeing the good sides of her soulmate? It’s not like Jennie asked for that!

 

And truth be told, Jennie hated the concept of soulmates. Why did the universe somehow feel that they (it? he? she?) had the right to decide who she should spend the rest of her life with? Not only that, but apparently also decide her ual orientation. What if she didn’t want to be with a woman? Dating outside your soulmate was pretty much unheard of, but she didn’t even know where the hell hers was, or if she’d find her attractive, funny, nice, smart, or if she truly did want to spend the rest of her life with this chick, whoever she was.

 

Why couldn’t the universe at least give you something useful, like your soulmate’s GPS coordinates, or their photo (not that she wants someone’s face permanently attached to her body, in fact, she can’t think of anything she wants less than that)? How is a stripe of hair color gonna help her? It’s not like everyone has unique hair colors. And a freaking watermelon isn’t exactly clue of the century. If this was Michuri, no one would get the money.

 

And the worst part is; she doesn’t even know if she wants to find her soulmate. She spends so much time complaining about her, thinking about her, wondering who she is and what she looks like, and then deep down, she’s actually terrified of what will happen once she finds her. Or if she’ll even find her at all. What if she’s everything Jennie has ever dreamed of, despite her very obvious flaws (how does someone lose a birthday cake?), only for her to be disappointed in who Jennie is? She can’t handle unrequited love. She’s Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, she refuses to have feelings for someone who does not love her back. Not that she has feelings for anyone now; how can she have feelings for someone she doesn’t even know?

 

But deep down, despite the incessant complaining, she finds the girl endearing. Sure, in the beginning she complained to actually complain, but eventually she grew attached to the girl. She began looking forwards to the little gifts she’d find (yes, she refers to them as gifts), but decided that she had to keep up her façade of exasperated soulmate.

 

And she’ll never, ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter