Bubble Wrap

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is my dog’s 9th birthday, and it’s a public holiday, so here’s a short chapter for you all. It’s a bit of a filler chapter, sorry about that. Will try to do better on the next one.

 

----

 

“Do you have everything?”

 

I watch as she begins patting herself all over, “phone, keys, passport, wallet, AirPods, purse, suitcase. All that’s missing is a kiss.” I pout as she leans down to kiss me, clearly unsatisfied with our current situation. “You don’t have to go, you know. You can stay here.”

 

“Jen, we’ve been over this, I’m just going to see my family. I’ll be gone for two weeks; you’ll barely have time to miss me.”

 

“Take me with you. I’m tiny, I can fit on your pocket or on your lap.” I really don’t want her to go.

 

“I’d love to bring you,” I reluctantly let her pull me into her embrace, technically my favorite place to be, but I’m hoping that if I put up a bit of a fight she’ll miss her flight, “but you’re busy, and I need some alone time with them. I promise to bring you next time, ok babe?”

 

I make a cute whiny sound as I nuzzle into her neck, savoring the smell of her YSL perfume. “I can’t believe you’re leaving me alone with those two, you know I charge high prices for babysitting. Are you sure you can afford me?”

 

Her soft laughter fills the hallway and it makes me hug her even tighter. I’ve been dreading this day for weeks, ever since she told us she was heading back to Australia for a little bit. I know I’m being clingy, but I can’t help it, I just want her around all the time, is that too much to ask?

 

“I’ll reward you generously when I come back, on one condition – everyone needs to be alive. So, remember to feed Joohwangie.”

 

“Can I sleep in your bed?”

 

“You already do.”

 

“Can I wear your clothes?”

 

She looks down at the shirt I’m wearing, “you already are.”

 

“Can I send you pouty photos?”

 

“I’d expect nothing less.”

 

“Can I come with you?”

 

“Of course – wait, no, Jen! Stop trying to trick me, it’s too early for that.”

 

“You already said it, so it means I’m coming – Jisoo, Lisa, I’m going, byeee.” I’m only half joking, and I think she knows that because next thing I know she’s cupping my cheeks and looking deeply into my eyes.

 

“I’ll miss you a lot, you know that. And I love you even more. It’s two weeks, I promise you’ll survive without me.”

 

I put you my biggest puppy dog eyes, even throwing in a lip quiver knowing that she finds it completely and utterly irresistible, but somehow this one time she musters up the courage to look past my adorableness, opting instead for a deep kiss.

 

“I’ll miss you and I love you too…” I’m still pouty. Yes, I’m petulant, but can you blame me? “Call me, please?”

 

“Of course, it’ll be like I never even left. Now I really need to go, I love you, wifey, and I’ll see you soon.” I lean in as she kisses the side of my head and grabs her suitcase, waving as she walks down the hallway towards the elevator. Man, this .

 

--

 

“I don’t know how much longer I can take it.” I sigh dramatically as I collapse onto Rosie’s bed.

 

“Take what?”

 

“This,” I gesture between myself and my phone screen where I’m currently FaceTiming my hubby, “long distance relationships , and I’m sorry, but I don’t think it’ll work.”

 

She just laughs at me, and she’s lucky I love her so much, or rather, I’m lucky she loves me enough to put up with my melodramatic . “I’ve been gone for a week, Jen.”

 

“But I miss youuuuu, I’m literally dying here without you.”

 

“You know I miss you too, but I’ll see you in six days, I’m sure you can survive until then.”

 

“Liar! I’ve seen Alice’s insta posts where you’re out having fun, roaming the streets of Melbourne, doing happy food dances, petting other dogs – Kuma is extremely disappointed in you btw, you don’t have time to miss me.” Thank god I’m not dating myself, I’m high key exhausting.

 

“You must be really bored, huh?” I can see the corners of her lips twitching, indicating that she’s holding back a smile, but I decide to keep up my act as overdramatic girlfriend.

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Cause you always try to fight with me over silly things when you’re bored.” She an eyebrow at me, and I sigh, knowing that she’s right.

 

“Fine, I’m sorry, you’re right. It’s just…I don’t…” ugh, I hate being vulnerable and emotional and all that, “I don’t like bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter