It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Chaennie one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so excited for Christmas!" Her excitement was evident in Rosé's voice which sounded like she was struggling to hold back a squeal, her feet tippy tapping against the plush carpet as she placed yet another meticulously wrapped present into a cardboard box. 

"November's barely begun..." Jennie sounded a lot more dubious. She couldn't remember ever being as excited about anything in her life as Rosé was about Christmas just now. And that was truly saying something, because Jennie had had lots of excitable moments in her life; the release of their long-awaited album merely a month prior springing to mind, and yet, even that excitement didn't seem to match up to Rosé. 

Her cheeks were fluffy, her feet adorned with fuzzy slippers, last year's Christmas pajamas freshly cleaned and now firmly on her body, and stacks upon stacks of presents were lining the walls of her bedroom as Jennie watched from her position on the bed. 

"I know, but in a few short weeks it'll be Christmas, which means I get to start hanging up decorations since Jisoo banned me from beginning any sooner, and then another few short weeks after that it'll be Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day, and gosh, Jen, it's all so perfect." She was very clearly lost in a winter wonderland, her eyes dreamy as she stared out the window, willing perfectly unique snowflakes to fall upon Seoul. 

Come to think of it, Jennie hadn't even been this excited about Christmas when she was a child. Being the only child of wealthy parents, she'd always been given spectacular gifts, and they'd always had a lovely celebration together, but she'd never been one to wake anyone up at four am because she could no longer wait to find out what was hidden underneath the tree. 

Rosie posie however, had done just that the year prior, not even caring that Jennie was hissing at her and showing off her disgustingly cute canines. Jennie didn't scare her; it was Christmas Day! Nothing could make it bad for her, not even her terrifying girlfriend who was really just a massive teddy bear. Lots of snuggles and even more kisses was all it took to get Jennie out of bed, she shorter of the two trudging into the living room with a scowl and a huff as her comforter wrapped tightly around her body. 

But it was worth it when she saw Rosie's face as she opened her presents. 

And now here they were, a whole year later, and Rosie was already firmly planted on Santa's sleigh, ready for take-off. 

"Don't tell me you still believe in Santa?"

Joining Jennie on the bed, Rosie frowned slightly as if trying to understand Jennie's question. "What do you mean 'still believe'? There's nothing to believe, Jennie, because he's a real person. It's not like I go around believing in you. Oh, well I do, but I believe in your capabilities, not in your existence as a real human being."

It was Jennie's turn to frown as the meaning of Rosie's words sunk in, "Wait wha-"

She was firmly cut off by a kiss, the tall blonde holding her close as she giggled at her own antics. "I'm kidding Jen, of course I don't believe in Santa. Don't ask Lisa that though, I don't want you to break her heart."

"She's such a conundrum; how can she both have legs for days and be y as hell, and the most pure and innocent human being the planet? It makes no sense."

"Are you saying she's ier than me...?"

"I-" Damn, she'd walked straight into that one, hadn't she? Ahh, how could she salvage this, think Jennie, think! "Obviously not. I'm dating you, aren't I?" 

"Yes, but come to think of it, Lisa was seeing someone else when we started dating. Maybe she was your first choice, but she was unavailable, so you went with me instead?"

"Oh baby, you'll never be anything but my first, second, and third choice. If you only knew how long I've loved you for, you'd know that." 

With a soft smile, Rosie nuzzled into Jennie's neck, her flannel pajamas against Jennie's skin, making Jennie feel like it truly was Christmas already after all. "Once again, I'm joking baby. I know I'm your one and only. Now get out so I can wrap your present." 

"Oh no, don't do that, how will you be able to breathe?"

"I- what?"

"Because you're my present... how will you breathe if you're gift wrapped?"

"God you're so cheesy, but also very cute, now go on and bother Chichu for a bit." With a kiss and a pout, Jennie rolled off the bed and trekked down the hall towards Jisoo's room, dramatically collapsing onto her bed as the older woman sat at her desk fully concentrated on the game in front of her.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Not at all. Rosie's just busy wrapping Christmas presents."

"Not surprised. She's an entire week later than usual, I've actually been expecting you for a few days." 

"Do you know Rosie's habits better than I do?" 

Humming, Jisoo went in for another kill before answering. "Maybe. I guess I just pay more attention to all three of you. As the oldest, it is my job to ensure everyone's health and safety at all times."

"Sounds creepy, but ok." Lying down on Jisoo's bed, she tucked her arms behind her head, smiling when Dalgom crawled onto her stomach for a nap. A comfortable silence began surrounding them, the only sounds being Jisoo's manic movements across her keyboard as she fought against imaginary trolls and devils in whatever game she was playing (Jennie wasn't sure what it was at all, she just knew that it wasn't candy crush). 

After another fifteen minutes of Jennie staring at the ceiling as Jisoo tried to get South Korea's highest kill score, Jennie finally spoke up. "What do you even get for the girl who already has everything? She's impossible to shop for; for her birthday she thought I got her a ing twig that Kuma had dragged in, and she almost cried tears of joy saying how much she loved it. It was a freaking tree branch Jisoo! A TREE BRANCH!" 

"I'm sure she could use another purse or something" Jisoo added, not really paying attention to Jennie's rant. 

"Nah, I had my sight set on one, but then stupid Anthony already gave it to her," her voice was dripping with discontent at the mention of the designer that had taken a liking to her girlfriend. 

"You know he's gay, right? Like he's legit married to another man. He ain't exactly competition." She should've known that kind of logic wouldn't work on Jennie Kim. 

"Have you seen Rosie? She's gorgeous enough to have gay men fall for her. Anyways, as I said, what do I give the woman that has everything?"

"You know Rosie better than anyone. Sure, she loves big, elaborate, expensive presents, but as you said, she almost cried over a twig. You've been together for a while, give her something personal, something sentimental." 

Swirling in her chair, Jisoo watched as Jennie mulled it over, chewing on her lip to try to think of the perfect present while her girlfriend was right next door wrapping hers. "Hmm, you might be onto something... thanks Chu!" Bouncing off the bed, Jennie ran out of the room, feverishly knocking on Rosie's door. "Babe, babe, can I come in?"

The door opened slightly, Rosie's head popping up in the small crack she'd created. "I'm not ready yet."

"That's okay, I was just wondering if I could borrow your phone?" suddenly Jennie was the one tippy tapping as excitement rushed through her. She knew what she wanted to give Rosie. It was the perfect gift for her Rosie, and she had to get started on it right away.

"Oh, sure." Making sure the door wouldn't pop open, Rosie rushed over to her desk to grab it, popping back up at the door to hand it to a very excited Jennie. "Here you go."

Grabbing Rosie's cheeks, Jennie pulled her in for a kiss, taking Ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter