Chapter 9

Days With You

Lee Jieun actually didn’t want to go, but she made up her mind. So she took the bus to Seoul. She sat next to a beautiful young woman who turned out to be Suinn’s girlfriend.

“Ya, Lee Jieun, what are you doing here?” he was surprised to see her. His girlfriend was confused, but didn’t say anything.

“Hello, oppa. I’m sorry for coming unnoticed, I didn’t know your girlfriend would come over today—besides your aunt asked me to come and I’ll just give it to you and go back—“ she shyly gave him the paper bag and slowly walked away.

“Y-yes, thank you, Jieun-ah…” said him, still confused. Sooyoung looked furious.

“Ya Moon Suinn, you let her go just like that after? It must be tough for her for coming here alone,” she walked over to Jieun who were waiting for the bus.

“Hello unnie, I’m Park Sooyoung. Unnie, let’s come inside and have lunch together,” she smiled.

“Oh, yes Sooyoung-ssi, it’s okay I’ll just go back, I don’t want to disturb…” she replied shyly.

“I insist, unnie. It must be tough coming all the way here,” Sooyoung circled her arm in Jieun’s arm. Jieun was surprised but she let her drag her. 

“Are you sure this is okay? I don’t want to make you guys uncomfortable,” she said. They walked together to Suinn’s apartment, but Suinn walked faster than them.

“It’s totally fine. It’s been so long since you met each other, right?”

“H-how did you know?”

“Unnie, there’s not a thing I don’t know about Moon Suinn."

--

Suinn was uncomfortable, but Sooyoung insisted that Jieun should at least eat lunch before going back. Jieun was his neighbor, his ex-girlfriend, and they knew each other since they were little. They broke up before Suinn went to Seoul and remained good friends, or that what he had thought, but still it’s uncomfortable to eat with Jieun together with Sooyoung.

Sooyoung knew about Jieun— he didn’t skip the story about her. How they bike to school together, climbed Grandpa Jin’s tree, and sneaked out to eat chocolate together. He remembered them as sweet memories of Jieun, but he still felt uncomfortable seeing her here.

“Oppa, Grandpa Jin asked about you,” said Jieun in a low voice.

“O-oh? Say hello to him from me,” he answered. Jieun nodded.

The situation in the dining table was awkward, so Sooyoung led the conversation. She asked about Jieun’s work as gardener in the national park near her hometown and how she’s been doing. That easy going girl isn’t bothered at all with a stranger, especially her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend.

Jieun left after they eat lunch together. Suinn was almost silent the entire time, he sighed in relief when she left. Sooyoung cross her arms.

“Oppa, what is wrong with you? Why you treated her like that?”

Suinn was confused at himself. “I don’t know—I just feel awkward because she suddenly came unannounced,”

“Why? She’s your good friend, oppa. You should be glad she came for you,”

“I know, but it’s awkward. Besides, you’re here.”

Sooyoung looked surprised. “What’s wrong with I’m being here?”

Suinn was taken aback. “I didn’t mean that way, you know she and I were good friends, but still, I didn’t want you to misunderstand,”

“Misunderstand what? Do you think I would be jealous?”

“I didn’t mean that—it’s just I’m surprised. She didn’t even call. My aunt didn’t call too.”

They both went silent. 

“You don’t need to be like that, oppa. I trusted you. You’re not a jerk like Woo Dohwan or Yook Seungjae.” she touched his hair. “You can’t treat her like that again. Promise me?”

Suinn nodded. He felt glad because unlike other girls, Sooyoung is pretty easygoing about his past and his friends. She always said “whatever happened in my past is mine and didn’t have anything to do with you, the same goes for you. We live in the present now”.

But he couldn’t help but felt uncomfortable with Jieun being here today. She was indeed a good friend, they did almost everything together in the past. But somehow seeing her made him remember the memories he didn’t want to remember—memories about his childhood with his parents. He felt too guilty.

The reason he moved to Seoul because he can’t stand living with his aunt and he wanted to leave the place grew up with his parents. And sadly Jieun is part of that memories—precious, yet painful.

Sooyoung understands. She knew how he never visit her aunt, and never mentioned about his parents and his hometown. But Suinn definitely can’t treat Jieun like that. She didn’t feel jealous at all, because she is part of his past. She completely understands.  It became her habit trying to understand and rationalize every situation.

“Okay, little miss nagger, I promise. I don’t know how you feel when my ex-girlfriend suddenly showed up here, but thank you for welcoming her warmly.” he kissed her forehead.

She just smiled. “What we are going to do now?”

“How about you and I do some exercise?” he smirked.

“Interesting. What kind of exercise, if I may ask?” she giggled.

“I’ll show you. Please follow me to my bedroom,” he dragged her to his room and locked his door.

--

Lee Jieun was flustered— it was her fault for coming unnoticed, but she didn’t expect meeting his girlfriend at all. She was beautiful and really easygoing, and she is the one who insisted that Jieun should stay for lunch.

She and Moon Suinn dated back in high school for almost two years. He is kind and sweet, but he totally changed after his parents passed away. He turned cold, ended their relationship, then after graduated he quietly moved to Seoul. She couldn’t blame him, remembering his past must be painful.

After he left for Seoul, Jieun felt empty. Their relationship didn’t end well because he abruptly wanted to end their relationship. At the first two years, she dated her coworker Jang Kiha, but their relationship was too boring for her. She missed the sweet, athletic Moon Suinn all the time, and today she decided to come to his place. She lied about bringing food from his aunt— they were from her. She wanted to see him, see how he’s doing.

He seems fine, almost like when his parents were alive. Happy and warm. The man Jieun knew very well. All these years he dated several men, no one came close to Suinn. She wanted him back, but Park Sooyoung is there; in the place where she used to be.

She remembered before excusing herself, Sooyoung whispered something to her.

“Unnie, I’m very sorry if oppa was rude to you, he was just surprised you’re suddenly here bringing food from his aunt. You know, his relationship with his aunt…”

Jieun knew. Better than Sooyoung. Maybe better than anyone else. So she just nodded and said it was okay.

Something crossed her mind when the bus entered the high way.

Moon Suinn dislike his aunt and his hometown. And she was part of them. What if she moves here, try to make new memories with him— will he opened up to her again like he used to? Can they go back together, just the two of them?

She quickly searched for her phone and made a call.

“Unnie, this is Jieun. You said you need someone to work in Seoul. Is it still available?”

 

 

 

--

i'm sorry for updating just now, i'm occupied with work! thank you for waiting, please leave a comment what do you think about this?

thank you and stay healthy!