Chapter 1

Days With You

Sooyoung woke up when her phone rang. She lazily grabbed her phone on the bedside table. It’s 7am on a Saturday morning, but Joohyun already waking her up.

“Ya! Are you still sleeping?” Joohyun’s loud voice greeted her even before she could say hello.

“Unnie, this is 7am. The only person who would’ve awake at this hour is only you,” Sooyoung replied while rubbing her eyes.

“Did you forget you’re going to the market with me this morning to buy groceries because Suinn is coming for lunch?” Joohyun raised her voice.

Sooyoung immediately sat up. Of all days, she totally forgot that Suinn is going to greet Joohyun unnie and her husband—Junmyeon oppa and have lunch at their place. Yesterday she called Joohyun unnie and they agreed to buy groceries together this morning.

“Unnie.. I totally forgot!” she went to grab her towels and march to the bathroom.

“Ck.. ck.. Meet me at the market near my place in 20 minutes!” Joohyun disconnect the call. Sooyoung threw her phone to her bed and have a quick bath.

---

20 minutes later, out of breath, she finally arrived at the market a few blocks away from Joohyun’s apartment. It’s easy to find that tiny figure with little bump, trolley full of groceries, and of course, together with half-asleep Junmyeon oppa.

“Here comes the girl who totally forget that today her boyfriend is coming to greet her brother and sister” said Joohyun unnie sarcastically. Junmyeon oppa just ruffled her already messy hair.

“I bet you drank again with Hayoung and Yerin last night?”

“Unnie, how can I refuse when they suddenly showed up at my apartment?” Sooyoung linked her hand with Joohyun’s. “Aigoo, little Joohyun, I bet you’re upset hearing your mom nagging your Sooyoung imo, right?” she caressed Joohyun’s belly.

“It’s little Junmyeon, by the way” said Junmyeon proudly.

“Wow! I will have a nephew! You must be happy unnie, so smile! Now, what shall we cook today?” asked Sooyoung, smiling brightly.

“Why ask me? You choose! I told you to choose the menu yesterday and what, you drank until morning? You are so unprepared!” Joohyun push the trolley and walked away from them. Sooyoung and Junmyeon sighed and follow right after her.

“Her mood swings are no joke these days. Yesterday she even yelled at me for wearing yellow t-shirt to bed,” said Junmyeon while laughing.

“Ah, this crazy unnie becomes even crazier,” muttered Sooyoung.

“What are you two doing? You let this pregnant woman do everything alone?” yelled Joohyun.

“Coming!”

---  

After the hectic shopping, they finally arrived at Joohyun and Junmyeon’s apartment. The apartment is spacious and lovely, full of handmade knit work by Joohyun. Joohyun unnie is not her real sister; they have known each other for a long time it almost feels like they are real family.

They were childhood friends and grew up together. Being the eldest, Joohyun always took care of her little sisters like real family up until today. She even brought Junmyeon to Sooyoung and the others—Seulgi, Seungwan and Yerim 4 years ago when they started dating. It became a tradition to introduce their boyfriends to each other, just like what a family normally did.

“Junmyeon, you peel the vegetables. Sooyoung you can start making the sauce for the ribs,” they cook together under Joohyun’s order, the head chef today.

“Ah, I wish Seungwan unnie can come today. I miss her cookies,” said Sooyoung while cutting garlic. Her Seungwan unnie’s cake and cookies are the best, but she couldn’t make it today.

“I told you to crush not cut the garlic like that! Omo, look at the time! Junmyeon-ah, can you please call Seulgi and Yerim and tell them they better not be late?”

“Yes Chef!” Junmyeon off to grab his phone. There were only two of them in the kitchen doing their own things.

“Unnie, I am so nervous right now. Is this how you feel when you brought Junmyeon oppa 4 years ago?” asked Sooyoung, still crushing the garlic.

“Of course I am nervous. But Suinn-ssi is probably more nervous. Junmyeon is not so kind to newcomers, especially to his little sister’s boyfriend. He will be extra careful,” replied Joohyun.

“Ck, ck, oppa and Suinn oppa is only 1 year apart. No need to be intimidating, right? They can be friends,” said Sooyoung, and sighed.

“Well, let’s wait and see…”

---

Two days ago Suinn came over and they had dinner at Sooyoung’s place.

“Sooyoung-ah, do you think it’s time for me to greet your sisters?” he suddenly told her while watching her wash the dishes. She was surprised and immediately looked at him.

“You want to meet my sisters?” she leaned at the kitchen island, standing opposite of him.

“Yeah, I think it’s time. I only met them once in Joohyun noona and Junmyeon hyung’s wedding last year, and I haven’t met them and the others again since. What do you think?” he asked while organizing her messy bangs.

“I would love it if you want. I can arrange it with Joohyun unnie tomorrow morning,” she smiled and left a kiss on his right cheek. “And I would love it if you help me washing the dishes, lazy ” Sooyoung laughed and throw a pair of pink gloves.

--

“We’re here!” Seulgi and Yerim barged in to the apartment. “Hi Oppa, Joohyun unnie and Sooyoung is in the kitchen, right? We bring some fruits for dessert!”

Junmyeon nodded. Whenever these girls come to his place, it’s always loud and lively, and he let them be together just like the old times. Normally he would have gone to his study and secretly played video games or went outside to hang out with his friends, but today his wife gave him specific orders to help prepare the dishes for Suinn.

Suinn is a nice guy. He met him last year in his wedding together with Sooyoung. He’s tall, slender, the calm type who balance the bubbly and energetic Sooyoung. He likes him, as he left a good first impression and he is the one who initiate to come today.

At the beginning of their relationship, both he and Joohyun were very concerned. Sooyoung has been through several heartbreaks and unsteady relationships, and her last one didn’t end well 4 years ago. He remembered the night Joohyun called him urgently to help carry drunk Sooyoung to Joohyun’s place, and the two of them decided to stay with her until morning.

Knowing Sooyoung for years, he never saw that side of her. The energetic Sooyoung was all drunk dead in his back, her eyes were swollen and her nose were read due to non-stop crying. Joohyun scolded Hayoung and Yerin for letting Sooyoung became so drunk, but the two of them can’t stop Sooyoung. Normally, she knows her limit and wouldn’t let herself be too drunk to even get up.

“Oppa, Joohyun unnie asked you to prepare the table,” said Yerim. Junmyeon snap out from his thoughts.

“Yes, of course,”