Chapter 14

Days With You

During the trip back to Seoul, Sooyoung didn’t say anything. Seokwoo tried to comfort her by choosing relaxing songs and squeezed her shoulder.

When they arrived at the hospital, her sisters were all there. Joonmyeon looked pale. Park Jimin—Seulgi’s boyfriend who worked at the hospital calmed him down.

“Where is Joohyun unnie? What happened?” she asked Seungwan. Seungwan hugged her.

“Joohyun noona is fine. She was just shocked because of water gallon fell from the truck and have several bruised, other than that, she’s fine,” Jimin informed her calmly.

“What about the baby?” Sooyoung asked.

“The baby is fine, you don’t need to worry,” Jimin smiled.

Sooyoung went to Seulgi and Yerim who also looked pale, then she hugged Junmyeon who didn’t say anything. He just smiled weakly at her.

“You’re from Incheon? I’m sorry, you must be startled,” Junmyeon patted her back and bowed at Seokwoo who stood alone not far from them.

“It’s okay oppa, I should be here,” said Sooyoung.

“You must be tired. Ask your friend to drop you home, we’ll be here and update you,” he said to her.

“No, I want to be here,”

“You look like a mess. At least take a bath and change your clothes, then I’ll ask Mark to pick you up if you want to come here again. Deal?” Sooyoung didn’t have a choice so she just nodded. She agreed with him—she looked like a mess, she wore her yellow pajama because she didn’t think to change her clothes at the villa, and she was cold.

“Seokwoo, right? Can you drop Sooyoung at her apartment? I’m sorry for troubling you,” Junmyeon approached Seokwoo.

“Yes, hyungnim. It’s okay. I’ll drop her off,” he smiled and dragged Sooyoung to the parking lot.

“Thank you so much, Kim Seokwoo. And I’m sorry, you missed all the fun with the guys,” said Sooyoung as the car left the hospital.

“It’s totally fine. I had enough fun with them the whole day,” he smiled. It was 11pm, but the street was still crowded with people.

The car stopped at the crossroad because the traffic light turned read. Sooyoung looked around the busy street, and—

She couldn’t believe her eyes.

--

“Moon Suinn-ssi? I think I called you last week if I’m not mistaken, and I’m sorry for calling you again—the phone owner is drunk by herself, again”

Suinn received a call from Jieun and heard the same voice who called him last week while doing his work. He cursed, and grabbed his coat before heading out. This Lee Jieun, really. She made him hates her even more by acting like this.

“My oppa!” Jieun shouted as Suinn arrived at the bar. After payed and apologized to the bar owner, he supported her and brought her home.

“Why are you doing this? I told you last time I didn’t want to see you like this,” said Suinn as they walked to her apartment.

“Tsk. This is the only time I can see you, you know?” she answered. Suinn sighed and keep supporting her to keep walking

“Why would you want to see me?” asked him.

“Because I love you, idiot!” she fell on the ground right by the crossroad. “You left for Seoul and I’m trying to forget you, but I can’t, I love you, oppa. I know you must be traumatized but it’s unfair for hating me because I’m part of your past. I braced myself to move here just to see you, but you’re still so cold to me and seemed like a different person to Sooyoung. You’re so warm with her, like the Moon Suinn I used to know.” she started to cry.

Moon Suinn was taken aback, but he didn’t say anything. He just grabbed her and made her stand up again.

“Why, oppa? Why can’t we just go back just like the old days, just the two of us?”

“No, we can’t. We talked about this, you and I are over, and even if the accident didn’t happen— that wouldn’t change a thing.” he finally said something.

“Why, why, why!!!” she screamed. “I love you, oppa. I really do,”

She hugged him while crying, but Suinn just froze. Then she broke the hug, and kissed him.

She kissed him—in that very crossroad. Suinn didn’t kiss her back. He just stood there, frozen as ice, and immediately pushed her.

“What the , Lee Jieun?”

--

Sooyoung gasped—suddenly she felt stuffy and it was difficult to breath. What she saw on the crossroad was Suinn together Jieun, and they kissed.

They kissed.

“What’s wrong, Sooyoung-ah?” Seokwoo looked at her, and immediately looked at her direction. He saw them too, but the traffic light turned green and he pushed the pedal.

Sooyoung burst into silent tears. She couldn’t believe her eyes. She told herself numerous time that Suinn wouldn’t hurt her. She tried to understand everything, tried to understand his relationship with Jieun, and he felt betrayed.

Seokwoo didn’t know what to say so he just patted her shoulder gently. She didn’t stop crying, so he drove faster. When they were arrived at her apartment, Seokwoo pulled over and looked at her.

“Sooyoung-ah, I didn’t know what to say… want me to stay with you for a while?” he gently asked. She shook her head. She just bowed at him and get out from the car.

He followed her. “Sooyoung-ah, look at me,” his heart couldn’t stand seeing her crying so hard, so he hugged her. She cried harder. They stood like that for a moment, before Seokwoo slowly guide her to her apartment.

He put her to bed and asked her if she wanted him to stay. She just shook her head again and smiled weakly at him, and promised to text him later. Seokwoo left even though he wanted to stay—but Sooyoung wanted to be alone.

As soon as Seokwoo left, Sooyoung cried again. She turned her phone off.

--

Seokwoo decided to text Junmyeon. He knew his number because Sooyoung frequently borrowed his phone to call Junmyeon, so he saved his number. He was confused, he didn’t want to make him worry because Junmyeon already worried sick for his wife. Sooyoung had also made him promise to not tell her family about this, because she said she’ll take care of it.

So he just wrote,

Hello, Junmyeon hyungnim. I already dropped Sooyoung off. She said she is tired and wanted to sleep.

He put his phone aside and drove home.

--

“I got a message from Seokwoo. Sooyoung’s going to rest,” said Junmyeon. Yerim, Seulgi, Seungwan and Mark stubbornly stayed with him. Jimin was off to see his patients.

“Really? That’s unlike her. She must be shocked and tired,” said Seulgi.

“Yes, but I can’t call her—her phone is off. Can you try reach her?” Seungwan panicked. Yerim and Seulgi immediately reached for their phone.

“Son Seungwan, you’re just overreacting. Her friend said she was going to sleep,” said Mark calmly.

“But oppa, she never turned her phone off,” Yerim’s eyes were focused on her phone. “Let me call Suinn oppa. Just to make sure,”

It only took seconds for Suinn to pick up the call.

“Oppa? This is Yerim. Are you with Sooyoung unnie?” she asked.

“Sooyoung is in Incheon, Yerim-ah,” Suinn answered.

“She’s back because Joohyun unnie is at the hospital right now, she didn’t tell you?”

“N-no. Where is she now?” Suinn sounded surprised.

“That’s what I’m going to ask you. Her friend Seokwoo just dropped her, but her phone is off,”

Suinn’s heart beat really fast. “I’ll go to her apartment,” and disconnect the call.