Chapter 13

Days With You

She was confused because nothing special happened recently. Her friends were telling the truth about their problems and feelings. She didn’t have particular discomfort, except—

Except for the uneasiness she felt because of Jieun. She didn’t dare to tell Suinn about this, but she actually felt uneasy after Suinn told her he picked drunk Jieun up from the bar, and the fact that she knew Suinn asked Jieun to meet him late at night—and he never mentioned it to her.

She finally spoke, and told her friends everything she’s been hiding. “She’s kind, but I can’t help but feel uneasy. She’s his ex, but his friend too, and she suddenly showed up. I tried to understand, I tried to figured it out that they’re friends and it’s normal for them to meet up like that. I didn’t want to suspect him because I trusted him, but I can’t help feeling this way.”

“Our Sooyoung.. it’s okay, we understand,” Jeongyeon patted her back.

“It’s normal for you to feel that way. I feel really anxious too when Hanbin mentioned his ex,” said Hayi.

“Sooyoung, sometimes you don’t have to try so hard to understand everything. You must tell him what you feel. It’s important, don’t try to understand and keep everything to yourself because you don’t want to cause a trouble,” said Hayoung. It’s creepy because what Oh Hayoung had said about her were always true.

“I don’t want to be in trouble, guys. I’m tired, with what happened with Dohwan and Seungjae. I just want a peaceful relationship,” she quietly said.

“That jerk Woo Dohwan. Thank Goodness he’s not in our class, or else he would be dead because of us,” said Jennie. Everyone agreed.

“I trusted Moon Suinn and I don’t want him to lose his good friend because of me…” said Sooyoung.

“I agree with Hayoung, you must tell Suinn oppa everything. I know you’re afraid in case you mess up your relationship, but that mess is part of a relationship, Sooyoung-ah. Tell him the truth and find the solution together. I believe you’ll feel better,” said Yerin. Sooyoung smiled and hold Yerin’s hand. She felt really glad after telling what she was feeling inside to the girls.

“Thank you, girls, really. I feel so much better,” she smiled. And after they finished sharing, someone knocked the door. Kang Euigeon’s face peeped from the door.

“Ya, it’s getting boring without you girls, come out this instant!”

The girls laughed. “Yes, we’re coming!”

--

It was 2 am in the morning, and they all sit together in the big living room. Some of them were already drunk, but they managed to sit properly.

“Ya, what should we play?” asked Jaehwan.

“Is there anything more fun than truth or dare?” asked Hanbin.

“Yeah, let’s play truth or dare! I’ll spin the bottle,” Doyoung took the empty soju bottle and started to spin it. It pointed at Euigeon.

“Who’s going to ask him?”

“Me, me!” Jeongyeon raised her hand. “What’s your relationship with our junior, Jihyo?”

Everybody cheered. “Nice one, Jeongyeon-ah!” Seokwoo gave her two thumbs up. Euigeon was embarrassed, but he confessed that he dated Jihyo.

“Next is….. Im Changkyun!” the bottle pointed at Changkyun.

“Ya, ya, who’s going to ask him?” asked Jihoon.

“I will. Im Changkyun, you’re really rich now because of investment, right? Teach us!” said Soonyoung. Everybody laughed. Im Changkyun, the noisiest kid in the class, worked as a successful manager in a consulting company, and he did some investment.

Changkyun laughed out loud and shared his secret to be successful in investing. Everybody listened well.

“Next is……. Jihoon!”

Hayi asked him about his royalties from writing songs—and he answered he donated some of them to help those in need. Everybody cheered that little kind-hearted guy, and he was embarrassed.

Jihoon spun the bottle, and it pointed at Seokwoo.

“Ask me anything, I’ll answer!” he shouted proudly.

“In that case,” Hayoung started. “Did you ever like one of the girls in our class back in high school?” Hayoung used to have a crush on the tall, handsome and kind Seokwoo.

Seokwoo flustered, but he confidently answered. “I liked her,” and pointed Sooyoung. Everybody cheered so loud, and Sooyoung was embarrassed. She didn’t know Seokwoo that brat used to like her in high school.

“Really, Kim Seokwoo? Are you drunk?” asked Sooyoung while laughing.

“No, I really liked you back then. But you treated me just like how you treat Kim Doyoung,”

“Ya, what’s with treating me?” Doyoung protested, and everybody laughed. The game continued until 4am, and they all fell asleep randomly. Most of the boys slept in the living room, and the girls in their room.

Sooyoung couldn’t sleep at all, she was thinking about Seokwoo. He liked her? She never noticed it before, because Seokwoo was just a good friend to her just like Kim Doyoung. She went outside alone and sat in the porch, facing the ocean.

Kim Seokwoo followed her outside and sat next to her. “I’m sorry, don’t be awkward with me,” he said.

Sooyoung laughed. “Ya, why aren’t you sleeping? How can I be awkward with you, really?”

Seokwoo smiled and ruffled her hair.

“How can you keep that a secret from me all these years?” she .

“I didn’t know what I was thinking back then, liking a brat like you,” he back.

“Ya!!” she smacked him.

--

The next day went by slowly but fun. The girls cooked breakfast and the boys cleaned up the mess from last night. They ate breakfast outdoor. After breakfast, Kim Sejeong hugged them one by one and left the villa because her flight turned out earlier than scheduled.

They had fun together until dinnertime. That’s when Sooyoung got a call from Yerim.

“Unnie, where are you? Joohyun unnie got into an accident.” she told her. She sounded shaky.

Sooyoung froze. “I’ll be right there,” and hung up the call. She looked pale.

“Sooyoung-ah, what’s wrong?” Hanbin asked her.

“M-my-my sister got into an accident, I have to go—can you help me call a taxi?” she asked him. Hanbin went silent and nodded.

“Oh my, I hope she’s fine,” said Jennie while squeezing her hand. The girls help her pack, and she bid farewell to her friends who wished her sister to be just fine. When she’s about to leave, Seokwoo caught her wrist.

“I’ll drive you,” he said.

“No, you stay here and have fun with the guys. I’ll be fine,”

Seokwoo dragged her to his car. After giving the taxi driver cancellation money, he started to drive to Seoul. “Everything will be fine,” he said.