Chapter 3

Days With You

“Everyone! I missed you!!” they were done with cooking and had an hour left before Suinn arrived, so they decided to have a FaceTime with Seungwan in Ontario.

“Ya, who is more stupid than you who booked a flight for today instead of yesterday?” said Seulgi.

“I’m sorry, you know how clumsy I am, right? Sooyoung-ah, I’m sorry! Let’s schedule a double date as soon as I landed.”

“That sounds fun! Okay, I’ll arrange it,” replied Sooyoung.

“I’m boarding now, guys. Talk to you later. Please tell Suinn-ssi I’m sorry and see you soon!” with that, Seungwan disconnect the call.

“Unnie, you better brush your hair. Look at the mirror” Yerim gave Sooyoung her mirror. She gasped.

“I didn’t know cooking can be this exhausting and made me look ugly instantly” she walked up from the sofa. “Unnie, I left my brush with you, where is it?”

Joohyun went to her room and bring Sooyoung’s brush. “Let me do it for you,”

As soon as Joohyun finished brushing Sooyoung’s hair, their bell rang. Sooyoung immediately rushed to the door. Suinn was at the door.

“Guys, he’s here! Oppa, you better be nice to him,” said Sooyoung, and Junmyeon just raised his eyebrows.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung opened the door and the tall guy ruffled her hair and immediately greet the others.

“Hello, hyungim and noona, Seulgi and Yerim-ssi,” he bowed politely to them. His hands were full; there were strawberry shortcake—Joohyun unnie’s favorite, some fruits, and red ginseng.

“Welcome, Suin-ssi,” Junmyeon took the cake from his hand. “You even brought Joohyun’s favorite cake, thank you so much,” he smiled. Sooyoung relaxed. Suinn just earned an extra point.

“I heard Joohyun noona is pregnant, and Sooyoung-ie told me noona loved strawberry cake,” he politely explained.

“Omo, I love it! Thank you, Suinn-ssi, you already meet Seulgi and Yerim-ie, right? Come on let’s have lunch,” they all went to the dining room from the front door. Sooyoung took Suinn’s hand.

“Hi, are you nervous?” she asked him.

“Very much.” He followed her to the dining room, and they have a pleasant lunch. Suinn told them about his work at the National Sports Committee, and how he still practicing every week.

“Wow, you still practicing, Oppa?” Yerim asked Suinn while munching her apples. They were sitting on the carpet in the living room; they were busy munching fruits while Joohyun peeled and cut them.

Sooyoung smiled. Whenever Yerim called someone ”Oppa” she must be already comfortable with him. She also can saw Junmyeon oppa secretly smiled while munching oranges.

“We can have a sport day together! Our Jimin loves to play basketball as well, although compared to you he’s just an amateur, but it will be fun!” said Seulgi.

“Sounds fun, let’s do it!” Suinn smiled. Sooyoung grab his hand and hold it tight, she can’t hide her smile. Her sisters are very fond of him already, and Junmyeon Oppa is not feeling uncomfortable as well.

They hangout until 5pm, and Suinn ready to go home.

“Won’t you stay for dinner?” asked Joohyun.

“I would love to, noona, but I need to drop Sooyoung off. I bet she didn’t have enough sleep after drinking yesterday and preparing for today,” he answered as Sooyoung blush.

“Ya, Park Sooyoung, because of your careless behavior he has to leave without having dinner. You better feed him well! Ah, I think you should bring home some dishes for dinner. Seulgi-ah, help me pack for them,” suddenly Joohyun got busy and went to the refrigerator to pack some food for Sooyoung and Suinn.

“She’s like that, obsessed with feeding people,” said Junmyeon, crossing his arms.

“Unnie, why are you being like this? You don’t need to,” Sooyoung followed the girls to the kitchen, and Suinn left standing with Junmyeon in front of the door.

“Thank you so much for today, hyung,” said Suinn. Junmyeon smiled.

“It’s nothing. I just need you to take care of our Sooyoung well. You must know well how fragile her heart is, right?”

Suinn nodded. He knew better than anyone else inside Sooyoung’s bubbly personality, she was actually very careful. He knew her past stories, as the two of them were always talk about everything and there were no secrets between them.

“It’s good, then. Let’s schedule another meeting,” Junmyeon patted her back as the girls are back with a huge paper bag in Sooyoung’s hand.

“Oppa, we’re off. Thank you so much. Bye, girls!” Junmyeon ruffled Sooyoung’s hair and Suinn bowed politely to all of them before leaving.

“Unnie, I like that Oppa,” whispered Yerim to Joohyun as the door closed. Joohyun smiled.

--

September, 2018

Eunwoo sat alone at the bench in the basketball hall. The hall seems different as their members changed; some of the senior members already graduated from college including their captain Sangyoon and his close senior Suinn. Sooyoung noona just had her graduation ceremony this morning, and they had farewell dinner with her two days ago.

He felt funny. He loved the members so much he didn’t want them to leave. He didn’t feel uncomfortable with the new members, especially the new member named Seonho was really good. But Eunwoo missed the old times with his seniors, the ones who welcomed him warmly to the basketball club.

“Cha Eunwoo!”

Someone called him. He smiled. It’s Suinn hyung.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” He hugged Suinn. It’s been 2 years since he graduated from college.

“Helping Sooyoung clean up her locker. We’re going to eat lunch; do you want to come along?” Suinn asked.

“Of course! Wait—did you say Sooyoung? Our Sooyoung noona?” Eunwoo curiously asked.

Suinn blushed and nodded.

“What is this? Hyung, since when—ah, I finally understand. Is this why you always came earlier to the hall every time we practice?” he teased his hyung.

Suinn nodded. He must tell Eunwoo about him and Sooyoung, after all he’s the one who dragged Sooyoung to the hall 2 years ago.

His relationship with Sooyoung started in that very hall; how helping Sooyoung prepare became his habit, how they freely talked about their lives, difficulties, and even sharing some good news. How he taught her how to dribble—just two of them in this hall before the others came to practice. How this girl with bubbly personality turned out was scarred and very careful.

How he realized they have fallen for each other.