Chapter 11

Days With You

Suinn arrived back home at 1 am in the morning. He sighed, and went to bed—but he couldn’t sleep. He has a meeting first thing in the morning tomorrow, and tried his best to rest. But his brain was working really hard because of Jieun.

Just by looking at her face, those memories of his hometown flashed his mind. He knew it was unfair for her; she didn’t do anything wrong but he couldn’t stand seeing her. He just wanted to leave everything behind and start a new life in Seoul—why would she come here of all place?

Just like that, his eyes finally felt heavy, and he fell asleep.

--

“What in the world, Kang Seulgi? It’s past midnight,” Joohyun finally answered her call after Seulgi called 2 times before.

“Unnie, Jimin said he met Suinn oppa with a girl. At this hour!”

Joohyun went quiet. “Who?”

“He said she’s his childhood friend, Lee Jieun. I don’t know unnie, should I tell Sooyoung?”

“I don’t know.. But maybe she knew? They tell everything to each other, right?”

“You’re right unnie, I’m just overreacting. I’m sorry for calling you this late, I’m hanging up.” Seulgi hung up the phone. She was still concerned, but Jimin looked annoyed.

“Kang Seulgi, do you think it’s time for you worry about others? You’re sick!” Jimin took her phone and made her lay down on her bed.

“Of course I’m worried; this is my sister we’re talking about. I can’t let her get hurt again,” she said quietly.

“Yes, I know that. But let’s worry tomorrow, now it’s time to sleep. Want me to hug you?” he climbed the bed and lay beside her.

She smiled and nodded.

--

Sooyoung got up early on a Saturday morning, the five of them agreed to hang out at Joohyun’s place today. Junmyeon oppa was visiting his friend Yixing who’s recently in town, so Joohyun invited all of them.

“Ya, this is just like the other time, right?” said Joohyun after they eat lunch together.

“I’m so full! And I can’t wait for the new member to join us,” Yerim caressed Joohyun’s belly. Joohyun smiled.

“Seulgi-ah, I heard you were sick yesterday. Are you much better now?” asked Seungwan while munching apple.

“Totally fine. Doctor Jimin stayed and nagged all night,” she laughed. Sooyoung smiled—she always loved hanging together with her sisters on a day off like this.

“Right, Jimin said he met Suinn oppa with his friend, Jieun last night. Where were you?” asked Seulgi. Joohyun immediately eyed her.

“Last night? Suinn oppa met Jieun unnie last night?” Sooyoung looked surprised, but stayed calm.

“Y-yes.. Jimin accidentally met them. He didn’t tell you?” Seulgi looked uncomfortable. Everybody went silent.

Sooyoung went silent for a while, but she answered calmly. “No. But it’s okay, I know Jieun unnie. She’s his neighbor and childhood friend.” Sooyoung gulped down her water.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Yerim asked her. Everybody looked at her.

“Of course, why I wouldn’t be?” she smiled. “Seungwan unnie, you said you’ll give us souvenirs from Los Angeles. Where are they?” she tried to change the topic.

“O-oh, yes, they’re in the paper bag—I’ll bring them,” Seungwan went to grab her paper bag in the kitchen. The situation in the dining room went awkward.

They continue to chat, but Sooyoung’s mind was somewhere else. She didn’t lie when she said she’s fine—but the fact that Suinn oppa met Jieun unnie late at night and he didn’t tell her was bothering her a little. But she tried to understand and convinced herself; they’re good friends, and it’s not a sin to meet a friend even late at night, right? Kim Seokwoo dan Cha Eunwoo frequently asked her out even at night. She tried to understand.

“The three of us are going to buy ice cream and head home. Want to join us, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Seungwan.

“Ya, Park Sooyoung, you stay here. I need you to pick some good books for my son,” said Joohyun.

“Alright. You heard this future mama, unnie?”

After Seulgi, Seungwan and Yerim left, Sooyoung and Joohyun were busy scrolling down some children books in the internet.

“Unnie, you should read classic stories for your baby. Then, when he’s older, you have to buy these educational books, here…” said Sooyoung. Her eyes were focused at the screen. Joohyun looked at her.

“Sooyoung-ah, so you know his friend, that Jieun?” Joohyun suddenly asked her.

“Yes, unnie. She even stopped by at my clinic. She’s nice,” Sooyoung’s eyes still focused on the screen. Joohyun sighed in relief.

“Unnie, I know you’re worried after what happened with Dohwan and Seungjae—but Suinn oppa is different. He won’t hurt me. You don't need to worry,” she finally looked Joohyun in the eyes.

“Aigoo, our Sooyoung is so mature,” she tapped her and they laughed.

--

Everything went by normally; Suinn picked Sooyoung up from work, Sooyoung watched him practice, they eat and talk together almost every day.

Sooyoung didn’t mention about Suinn’s meeting with Jieun. She tried to understand. Although Suinn is her boyfriend, he still can hang out with his friends, and Jieun is not an exception.

“Still have work left?” asked Sooyoung on the phone.

“Yeah. I have a meeting tomorrow. Go to sleep first, Sooyoung-ah,” answered Suinn.

“Okay, then. Love you,”

“I love you,” and they disconnect the call.

Suinn back to his work, but his phone rang again. It was Jieun. He wasn’t sure at first, but he answered.

“Hello? Is this Moon Suinn? The phone owner is drunk by herself at my bar, can you come and pick her up?”