The Breakup

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

 

“Mianhae. I’m breaking up with you. We’re over, Shin Hye.” She still couldn’t believe that Geun Suk, his boyfriend for 4 years, now her ex-boyfriend, will utter those words to her. It was really heartbreaking, like a glass of boiling water pouring in her chest.

 

“What’s wrong? Is there another girl? Tell me Geun Seuk. Maybe we can fix this. I know we can.”, while holding his hand, she sounded pleading for him to change his mind.

 

He removed her hand from his. He had a long pause before telling the truth.

 

“You really wanna know? Geurae. I’ll tell you. It’s because your academics life just keeps on getting in our way. All we can talk about is studies, studies, and studies. There are times that you weren’t able to go on dates with me because of that f**king  homeworks, papers, and exams. I just became sick and tired of this, of our relationship. There is no more thrill in it anymore. Because of studies, I bet you also don’t have time to look at yourself in the mirror. You look like a geek, you know. My friends are teasing me of dating a girl with thick glasses, as if my girlfriend is Ugly Betty.”

 

She slapped him hard in the face and stormed out of the classroom with a heavy heart.  But it seems that truth slapped her harder. It was true. She hardly had a time to bond with him as his girlfriend. She was pressured by her parents to graduate high school with honors so that she can get to a prestigious university.