A source of hope

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 years ago...

"Abuji... I don't want to go to Canada."

Lee Donghwa stopped reading the newspaper and looked at Minho who was standing in front of him. "What?" As if he didn't hear it.

"I said I don't want to go to Canada. I'm doing fine here. The education facilities are not bad here. There wasn't a day when I did something against your will. Today is the first. So please don't send me there." Minho took a lot of courage to come in front of him and to say this.

That's true he always did that his father wanted him to do. Now he wanted to send him to Canada and study there. But no, he can't. He can't even think a day without seeing Shinhye's face.

"That's why I'm quite shocked. This the first time you're trying to do something against my will. Why don't you want to go there?" Donghwa asked with a calm expression. And Minho knew it's scariest.

He knew his father will try hard to send him there. "I can't tell you the reason. But I'm not going anywhere. I'm not asking for permission. I'm telling you about my decision." His tone got sharp, determined.

Donghwa threw the newspaper on the floor angrily. "Did you forget about your sin? You..."

"What? Killed my mother?" Minho shouted. "No matter what you say, it'll not convince me." Minho's face darkened.

Donghwa was stunned by his loud voice. It's the first time he shouted at him.

After staring at him with a shock expression, Donghwa averted his gaze. "Get out," Donghwa shouted.

-----

Shinhye threw the phone on the bed frustratedly. She has been trying to call Minho from the morning. But his phone is switched off. He never switched off his phone. She was so worried about him.

Even Kimbum and Illwoo didn't know where is he. No, she can't wait anymore. She took her phone and dialed Mr. Joon's number. "Yeoboseho."

"Shinhye?"

Shinhye knew he was quite surprised. She usually doesn't call him. "Ne. Actually, Minho oppa's phone is switched off. Can you tell me where is he?"

"He left home in the morning after an argument with his father. I don't know why. And I'm sure he is at Naksan Beach. He usually goes there when he is sad."

"Khamshammida." After hanging up the phone, Shinhye quickly got up from the bed and took her scarf before rushing out of her house. Thank God, her father and mother both were busy at work.

Shinhye called a taxi and quickly sat in it. She needs to see him and ask him so many questions. Why did he argue with his father? She knew his father is so strict. He never argued with him. But what happened today? Why did he go to Naksan beach? In this cold weather? He is okay, right?

Shinhye again called him, but it was still switched off. Shinhye's hands started trembling, she clenched it tightly and took a deep breath. It's okay Shinhye. He is fine.

After almost 2 hours, the taxi stopped at the Naksan beach. Shinhye quickly got off from the car and started scanning the whole area, searching Minho. The cold breeze was sending her shivers. No one came here at this time. God knows, what he is doing here!

Shinhye let out a relieved sigh when she saw Minho sitting on the sand, his eyes moving from sand to stone, from rock pools to breaking waves.

But what he was drinking? Alcohol? Shinhye widened her eyes as she noticed the bottles beside him. Whiskey bottles. She speeded up to him and snatched the bottle from him. "Oppa." She shouted.

This voice. Minho was too familiar with it. He turned his head slightly to her. And looked at her with his flustered eyes. So he was now seeing her. Seeing his girl, the most beautiful girl whom he loves most. "I'm missing you." Minho's voice was hoarse, eyes were intoxicated.

Shinhye's lips parted. He is drunk already. "You broke your promise?" She sighed and sat beside him. Minho was still staring at her as if the seaside is nothing compared to her.

The harsh scent of drink can be smelt of him. She can see him struggling to keep his balance, and she knew he was struggling to keep it. Shaking her head in disbelief, she scanned him from head to toe.

She was thankful because he was wearing his overcoat. She took her scarf from her neck and wrapped it around his neck. "Why did you fight with your father?" Shinhye asked softly.

It seemed so real, her face was close to him. She was breathing in front of him. Minho blinked his eyes several times, to clear his vision. He got drunk after almost two years. He almost forgot how alcohol tastes like. "You look so real." Minho laughed.

Shinhye let out a sigh and put her hand on his cheek. "Oppa. It's me. Your Shinhye." He looked so tired, so upset. Her heart ached for him.

Her cold hand shook Minho's mind. Minho hit his forehead several times, and then looked at her with disbelief. "You... You're really here?" His eyes widened. "Yea. Shinhye. Why are you... How did you I'm here?" He asked shockingly as he checked her. "Yea. Why aren't you wearing warm clothes? It's cold." He quickly pulled her to share his overcoat with her, covering her body with it.

Shinhye elbowed him and narrowed her gaze at him. "Why did you argue with your father? Why are you here? Why did you switch off your phone? Why are you drinking alcohol? Why are you breaking your promise? Why didn't you call me?" She yelled at him in one breath.

Minho parted his lips to talk, but she didn't give him a chance. Taking a breath, Shinhye continued. "From the morning I'm calling you and your phone is switched off. I called Kimbum sunbae, Illwoo sunbae. They said they don't know. Then I called Mr. Joon. He said you argued with your father and left home. Then he said you'll be here. I didn't understand what should I do. I hate you. I... umm..."

She stopped as Minho cupped her face and pressed his lips on hers, stopping her from saying further. Shinhye's eyes got rounded by his sudden action. His kiss was gentle, tender. But enough to take her breath away.

He stared at her eyes and rested his forehead against hers with his one hand caressing her cheek. "Don't ask me anything... Just comfort me." Minho whispered breathily on her lips.

The night was falling. The setting sun’s red rays lit up the sky above the western horizon. Soon the sun disappeared below the horizon and the sky turned dark but they didn't move a bit. They were staring at each other as if they were observing something important than the sunset.

"Let's go." Minho whispered, controlling himself. It's dangerous to stay with her now. It was getting late. He stood up, but he was struggling to keep his balance. He's drunk countless bottles of whiskey. It’s like some sort of outer body experience to him now. His legs don’t work as he tells them. Neither do his hands. Or his fingers.

But he managed to held Shinhye's hand to pull her up but pulled down by her. Shinhye's face was calm. He doesn't know she was angry or not. Actually, he was too drunk to think.

"Waeee?" Minho pouted his lips like a kid. Shinhye chuckled seeing his pouted lips. God, he was too dangerous. His gazes were highly intoxicated, sending butterflies to her stomach. But she didn't want to leave, she wanted to stare at him. The calm atmosphere, the sound of crazy waves, the moonlight, the cold breeze, and him. Feels like heaven.

He was too dangerous that he was making her drunk with his gaze. "I don't want to go." Shinhye looked deeply into his eyes, she was ready to get drunk by his gazes. Actually more than ready. She wondered what happened to her today.

"I'm a man who is sad and drunk. You are a woman whom I love. And this place. No one is here except us. Aren't you scared?" Minho now dared to look at her. He knew under the moonlight she'll look so beautiful. But she was looking more beautiful than he ever imagined. Her hair was messy, they were flying because of the heavy wind. He smiled softly and tucked some strand of hair behind her ear.

Without her eyes averting from the man who was smiling so perfectly in front of her, she shook her head. "Why should I? It's you."

Minho let out a soft laugh. "Do you believe me?" Shinhye nodded, Minho looked intensely at her. "It is not as simple as you think. Let's go." Shinhye shook her head. "I do. I really believe you."

"You're making the biggest mistake of your life. I'm not trustworthy. Actually, not now. Not with you." His seductive words made Shinhye's heart went crazier, she bit her lower lip nervously.

He stared deep into her ocean blue eyes, he cupped her cheek that was slowly turning red. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me for this." He swallowed hard before slowly leaning into her.

His other hand was shaking slightly, his mind was repeating the same sentence over and over, Don't do this... don't do this. But the sound of his heart was beating so loudly that he couldn't concentrate. It felt like it was going to explode.

Finally, his lips touched hers. Stirs flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around them, along with all of his worries, his troubles, and his problems. She made him felt like none of that mattered.

It was a small yet warm kiss. He honestly never knew a kiss so innocent could be so intimate and electrifying.

He thought she'll push him away, but again she was doing another mistake. Her lips were moving in perfect sync. And no more resistance he held her arm, pulled her closer, and deepened the kiss, more passionately.

He felt her hands on the back of his neck, dangerous burning touches. His tongue her lips and her lips were welcoming him so warmly. She was responding with her closed eyes, making him crazier. Does she even know what she is doing?

Somewhere, deep inside she knew her brain was sending signals telling her what to do. Whether or not her body was listening was a different story.

It can feel it doing what it wanted. Can she stop it? We all know the answer to that. It’s doing as it pleases. And finally, it stopped, she pulled away from him, breathing heavily.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and blinked her teary eyes, her whole body was burning. She could feel her hot temperature.

But after seeing his blood-red eyes, she started feeling nervous now. "I'll... drive."

Minho smiled. "Help me to stand up." Shinhye stood up and pulled him up, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, giving him support.

They stopped in front of Minho's convertible car and Shinhye opened the passenger door for Minho. But he didn't seem to sit inside by his own.

Shinhye helped Minho to sit on the seat, rested his head on the headrest. After that when she started to get off from the passenger seat, her hand was pulled by Minho to stay beside him.

She creased her brows and looked at him. And again her face softened, her heart raced seeing his sensual gaze.

"I warned you. And now. It's impossible. You can't go now. You're late." Minho said before leaning closer to her. He felt like he'll go crazy if he can't do what he wants.

Shinhye closed her eyes and gripped on his overcoat tightly as he swept her hair away from her nape, kissed on her neck.

Everything was unfamiliar, but surprisingly she wasn't hating it. She needs to stop before they reached there where they will not be able to stop. "Oppa. We don't have any..."

Before she could finish her words, Minho breathed heavily and bit her soft skin leaving red marks, setting the fire. "Oppa." Shinhye mewed as he pulled her closer, nibbled her earlobe, and started planting seductive kisses on eyes, lips, cheeks, forehead, nape, throat.

Shinhye was out of breath now, she was trying so hard to control herself. She used to hate alcohol, but his alcoholic scent making her crazy. "Wait... Stop" She pushed him and looked at him, panting heavily.

Minho closed his eyes tightly and nodded, controlling himself. It's really hard. His body was trembling, he was sweating. Of course, he can't go against her will, no matter how crazy he is.

"Do you have alcohol?"

Hearing that Minho opened his eyes, stared at her in surprise. "Mwo?"

"I saw you were drinking whiskey. Do you have whiskey?" Shinhye asked hastily, biting her lower lip.

Minho nodded and pointed a box on the driver's seat. The box is full of whiskey. Shinhye gazed at the box and quickly leaned, reaching her hand to bring a bottle.

"What.. what are you doing?" Minho asked as she opened the cap of the bottle

Before he could protest, Shinhye closed her eyes tightly and started drinking it. She finished the whole bottle without any pause. Minho was so stunned by her, and his head was spinning like hell.

After finishing it, her eyes turned into bloodsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter