Tu me manques

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How is Somin?"

Minho tilted his head and narrowed his gaze at Jongsuk who was not looking at him. It's suspicious. "And now I'm sure you two know each other from before."

Hearing that, Jongsuk frowned at him. "How is that connected? I just asked how is she doing! Because... Because she is your finance."

His last word was like a hammer on Minho's head. Finance? That's right. He almost forgot about it. His father already fixed everything with Somin. But he needs to stop him, anyhow. He'll not marry her.

Taking a deep breath, Minho shook his head. "I'll..."

"Appa Water." Minho stopped when Sowon came with a glass of water, giving it to him.

Minho smiled heartily and took the glass from her hand. Though he was not thirsty, he is thirsty now by remembering his father. "Thank you, Princess."

"Anytime. Appa." Sowon said sweetly and walked him towards the couch where Jongsuk was sitting, reading the newspaper.

Minho didn't say anything, his gaze just followed his daughter.

When Sowon sat beside Jongsuk, he looked at her, whispered something and she started giggling. She also whispered something in his ear. They were chatting with each other so freely.

Minho smiled whenever his daughter giggled. But this time he was a little jealous too. Jongsuk was right, he was not here all these while. When he wasn't here, Jongsuk was always here for them. Of course, Sowon is comfortable around him.

A soft sigh escaped his lips. He glanced at the glass in his hand before walking towards the kitchen. He needs to put it in the kitchen. Actually, he needs to see her. Where is she? What on the earth is she doing? Why is she taking so long?

The maid wasn't in the kitchen, she was watering the plants in the garden. Shinhye wasn't here too.

Minho sighed and stepped into the kitchen. After putting the glass down on the countertop, he looked up at her bedroom, trying to see if she was there.

"What are you doing?"

Minho almost jumped hearing a sudden voice. His heart almost dropped. He quickly pressed his hand on his chest and turned his head to the front. "Ah! Shinhye. You almost gave me a heart attack." He mumbled.

Shinhye narrowed her gaze at him. "Why? Were you doing something that you shouldn't do?" When she came in he was looking at somewhere.

Minho's hand ran through his hair, lowering his eyes he shook his head. "I'm here to put it." He pointed the glass on the countertop.

Shinhye glanced at the glass, then she entered the kitchen. Without bothering him, she turned the stove on, put the frypan on it, and took some eggs from the fridge.

Minho's gaze following her, observing her every move. He put his hands inside pockets and leaned his hip on the countertop. She has taken a shower, her hair was wet. A soft smile spread across his face.

My crazy little girl is now a woman, a mother, mother of my child. But where is the crazy girl? Back then she was very playful, a happy person. She used to make people around her always happy, she used to help her mother in her restaurant. I destroyed everything. I destroyed her youth, her happiness. Her everything.

His heart clenched with pain. He swallowed hard. I'm sorry. He mouthed silently, staring at her.

Shinhye turned her face to Minho as her brows furrowed. "Did you just say anything?"

Minho's eyes got widened. It's impossible to hear that, he was sure he didn't utter it loudly. "Did you hear anything?" He asked confusingly.

Shinhye blinked her eyes. "I... Let's just cut it short. Did you say anything?"

Minho just shook his head in reply.

Shinhye again continued doing what she was doing. She was frying the eggs. "Why aren't you going?" She asked without looking at him. He was staring at her, maybe he has something to say.

Minho now averted his gaze from her. "I have a question." He hesitated.

"Ask."

"Are you dating Jongsuk?" Minho asked in a low tone.

Shinhye creased her brows hearing his question. "And why are you asking this?"

Minho looked at her. "Which friend comes to our home in the morning?"

Shinhye let out a sarcastic laugh. "Did I ask you anything when Somin came to your hotel room some days ago? Oh! It was night. So it's okay because it was night."

Minho's heart ached seeing her expressionless face. "Shinhye... she..."

"I forgot. She is your finance." Shinhye said with a stern voice.

Minho shook his head. "She isn't. You know it's my father who decided that. That news is nothing to do with me. I'll never marry her."

Shinhye felt her heart started beating fastly. Why suddenly? He'll never marry her. Is it connected? She gulped. "Why? You have to marry someone."

Inhaling a deep breath, Minho nodded. "If I marry someone. It'll be..." He stopped and swallowed hard, earning the courage to say further.

Shinhye titled her head and turned her face to Minho. Her eyes met his eyes, and she felt electricity ran through her whole body. His eyes, there was something in those deep eyes. He wants to say so many things.

And she wanted to know everything. Why was she curious? She didn't know but she just wanted to know. "It'll be?" She uttered softly.

Minho locked his gaze with hers, staring at her eyes. Her eyes always made him more nervous. He parted his lips to say something but nothing came out.

"Are you guys playing staring game? Can I Join?"

Hearing Jongsuk's voice both Minho and Shinhye averted their gazes from each other uncomfortably.

Minho stood straight and looked at Jongsuk. "What are you doing here?" He asked with an annoyed voice.

Jongsuk titled his head, thinking. "To help her. And inform her that Sowon is getting ready for school and she is hungry. What about you? Why are you here?"

Minho took a glance at Shinhye. "My wish."

Jongsuk shrugged his shoulders and walked closer to Shinhye. "What are you cooking, babe?"

"Babe?" Minho and Shinhye asked Jongsuk shockingly at the same time. Minho could feel his blood boiling inside his body. Shinhye was looking at Jongsuk confusingly. What's wrong with him? He used to call her witch until yesterday.

Jongsuk turned his head to Shinhye. "Why are you shouting at me, babe?" He turned around, pulled himself up, and sit on the countertop.

Minho sighed. "There are so many knives in the kitchen, Jongsuk." He said in a threatening voice.

Jongsuk nodded and took an apple from the table. "Can you give me one? I need to cut this apple."

Shinhye couldn't help but chuckle softly. What are they? Still high school boys? They used to fight like this in high school. They used to fight like a couple. Even after seven years, they are still the same.

"I'm done. I'll get ready and come down. Ajhumma will serve breakfast. Go and eat your breakfast." She said to Jongsuk and then at Minho. "You'll be okay with the normal breakfast?"

Minho nodded. Do you even need to ask? Even if you give me poison to eat, I'll be okay with it.

--

Sowon was very quiet when they were having breakfast. Jongsuk was sitting on the chair opposite of Minho's chair.

Sowon suddenly felt like Jongsuk and Minho were glaring at each other all the time.

Minho glanced at Jongsuk sharply who was also looking at him. Jongsuk's eyes got widened as he took the knife from the table. The knife looked sharp and pointing at him. Will he really stab me with that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter