Will you give me the honor of being my wife?

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"eomma, Where are we going?" Sowon tilted her head in confusion and looked at her mother who was sitting beside her in the car. 

Crustal shrugged her shoulders and glanced at Minho. His concentration was fully on driving, or maybe he was trying to keep his concentration on driving to avoid their questions. Minho requested Shinhye to finish her work at the hospital early today. He picked her up from the hospital when Shinhye sat inside the car she saw Sowon. She asked him if they were going somewhere. He just nodded.

Shinhye pursed her lips and heaved a deep sigh before looking outside through the glass. Where is this place? This street is so familiar to her. Shinhye clenched her jaw when she saw a familiar shop. Wait!

It's the pastry shop near to her parents' house. Why was he driving towards her parents' house? Are they going there? Is he crazy? My father will kill him. Her eyes grew wider, she quickly turned to Minho. But before she could say something, Minho pressed on the brake, got off from the car, and opened the door of their seat. 

Sowon got off as the door was opened. "appa. Where are we?" She asked her father.

"It's your mother's parents' house. We are here to meet them." He replied before turning to Shinhye who seemed like to glue on hee seat. "Come out." He put his hand on the door of the car, leaned towards her, and said with a threatening tone as she didn't come out of the car.

Shinhye's lips parted in shock. "Have you really lost your mind? Minho, He'll kill you with me." She took a glance behind him at her house and shook her head. "I'll not go." She assumed that.

Minho narrowed his gaze at her before grabbing her hand, pulling her out of the car. Shinhye was trying her best to stay glued on the seat, but he has already pulled her out of the car. She inhaled a deep breath and looked at Minho with her pitiful eyes.

"It's okay. I'm here with you. Sowon is with you. It's time to face him." He held her hand tightly in his hand And walked in front of the door. She gulped as he knocked on the door and after some time, her mother opened the door.

Seeing Minho, her mother's facial expressions changed into a ghostly expression. Her jaw almost dropped as if she was seeing a dead person. She rolled her eyes at her daughter and then at Sowon with her wide-open eyes. Why were they here? She and her daughter exchanged some signals with eyes but Minho didn't get anything.

Without wasting time, he bowed to her and smiled softly. "Anneyongseho emmonnim. How are you?" Though it's been a long time since he last met her mother, she still looked the same. She was quite supportive back then. So he was feeling less uneasy than he imagined.

Misook blinked her eyes at him confusingly. "Why are you here?" She asked, shocked! How can he still call her emmonnim until now? Like nothing changed. Boy, you hurt my daughter. And it's been 7 years.

"To meet abbonnim. Is abbonnim home?" Minho asked politely. Trying to look normal. But inside, he was nervous. More than Shinhye. She was scared, afraid. But he was just too nervous not scared. He was preparing himself from yesterday night to face her parents. No matter how much courage he took yesterday, it wasn't enough to face her father. Like Shinhye said he'll kill him. Her father didn't like him from the beginning.

"Honey. Who is it?"

A loud voice came from inside the home. Shinhye's body tensed up hearing her father's voice. He was at home. "Is that my haraboji?" Sowon asked Misook.

Misook looked at her sweet granddaughter and smiled weakly. "Yes." Sowon never met him before. Because he never wanted to see Shinhye and Sowon. He was so hurt by Shinhye. But she knew deep inside he wanted to see his granddaughter. He always saw their photos secretly.

Sowon smiled sweetly. "I want to meet him too."

Minho took a glance at Shinhye and then at Sowon before turning to Misook, smiling at her. "emmonnim, can we come in?"

----

Park Hyunjong was watching the news on TV when Minho came in front of him holding Shinhye's and Sowon's hand and they bowed to him. For a moment he was stunned by their sudden appearance, froze on his position. 

7 years it has been 7 years he has last seen his daughter. She is now a woman! She looks the same. The little cute girl is Sowon, right? He saw her photo. But he has never seen her front to front before. She looks more beautiful as her mother in real. And Minho. How can he forget this jerk? He hurt his daughter and made her pregnant, then he left! Just out of their reach. Is he back again?

And why are they here? What do they want? Will they apologize? No, I'm not angry with Sowon, my granddaughter. She is innocent. And Minho? I never liked him. The one I'm angry with is my own daughter. Until she got pregnant, she was my hope, she was my dream. She used to make people around her always happy. 

I used to feel proud because of having a daughter like her. I never thought she'll do something like this. She is my only child. I used to have expectations. But she destroyed everything. My hopes, my dreams, my expectations. 

She kicked on my pride and left the home. Why did she? It was okay not to marry anyone and gave birth to Sowon. She should have told me what she wanted. She didn't! She just left us.

"haraboji! You're my haraboji, right?"

Park Hyunjong came back to reality from his deep thoughts when Sowon spoke. She called him haraboji for the first time. It felt so great. Please call me haraboji again!

When Minho released her hand, Sowon smiled sweetly and came to her haraboji, observing his face. "Oh! I have my nose like yours. eommaa always says that. It's true." She put her tiny hand on her nose.

Hyunjong stared at the beautiful angel in front of him. Shinhye was just like this. "Your nose is prettier than mine." He smiled softly.

Sowon pouted her lips. "Then why did you never come to see me?" She made a sad face. "Whenever I asked helmeoni, she just keeps quiet." 

"appa!" Shinhye finally uttered the word, able to speak now. Tears were streaming down to her cheeks uncontrollably. It's been 7 years since she last stepped into this house. It's been 7 years since she last saw her father. He's gotten older. He looked sick. Everything is because of her. She is the only reason behind this. She hurt him so much.

Minho who was looking down all these while now turned his head to Shinhye a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter