The Beginning

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yea. Kang Minhyuk. Seo Yeji. Don't fight." Park Sowon shouted at her friends who were fighting in the hallway.

Yeji looked at Sowon. "Didn't you hear he called me fatso?" She shouted, wiping her tears out.

Sowon sighed and nodded. "I heard. But you should've just ignored him if you don't like it. It's not cool to fight. You're a cool girl, right? Ignoring the things you don't like is the coolest thing." She tried to calm her down.

Then she turned to Minhyuk. "And Minhyuk. If she is a fatso. What are you? If you don't like her, then don't look at her. Did she force you to look at her?" She asked angrily.

Both of Yeji and Minhyuk was quiet now. Sowon is the class captain. She is so smart and has a good sense of humor. "Don't fight. Okay? I'll go now." She said before leaving.

-

"Am I going to pick you up from this school every day? Is it my new business or what?" Minho asked frustratedly on the phone. "I'm just... Ah...  Because of my father." He sighed and hung up the call.

Then he put his sunglasses on his eyes and walked towards the school, entering the school. Though the yard was not as big as Empire high school, it remembered him his high school days. He looked around and smiled softly.

"Sorry." Those words came out from his mouth when ran into someone, he looked down to saw the kid who fell on the floor.

"Ah. Ajhussi. You have so strong legs." The little girl complained while rubbing her nose, still sitting on the floor. She was looking at her friends, so she didn't notice him.

"Sowon."

Sowon looked up at the tall man. "Ah. Lee Min Ho. Ap.. Ajhussi." She let out a relieved sigh silently. Thank God, the word appa didn't slip from .

Minho smiled and expanded his hand to her, helping her to get up. "Actually, I'm bored. Do you have time, today? Can we sit and talk there?"

As Sowon nodded, Minho sat on the bench beneath the tree with Sowon.

Sowon looked at him curiously. "Why do you come today?" She asked and started brushing away the dust from her dress.

Minho pressed his lips together. "I'm here today to pick that ajhumma up. My abuji told me to do that." He meant Somin by ajhumma.

Sowon laughed. "How is she an ajhumma to you? She looks around my eomma's age." Again. Words slipped out from .

Minho widened his eyes. "Your eomma is soo young then." He got surprised. Somin is 28 years old. "How old are you?"

Sowon put her hands up in front of him, showing her six fingers. "Six years. Ajhussi. Are you going to come here daily?" She asked.

Minho rolled his eyes, after thinking for some time, he replied. "Do you want me to come here daily?"

Sowon giggled and shook her head. "Ani. Ani. I was just asking you."

Minho pretended to look sad. "Wae? You don't like me?" Sowon widened her eyes. "Ani. I like you. Can you come here daily?" She asked helplessly. That's true, she likes him, but seeing him daily! It's dangerous. Because of .

Minho smiled and turned to her. "Will you chat with me like today if I come daily?" When Sowon nodded, Minho pulled her cheeks. "I'll come here daily then."

Sowon sighed silently. Eomma will murder me if she knows it. She then glanced at her father who was sitting beside him. She just smiled awkwardly.

-----

"It's been a long time since we went to a night drive last. It's your fault, Minho. From when you came back from America. You're so busy and at night you just drink. Then sleep like a pig. In the holidays you spend with those girls. Come on man. You're destroying yourself." Kimbum complained to Minho.

"No drinks. today." Kimbum took the wine glass from Minho's hand.

"Yeaa. Kimbum." Minho yelled at him and tried to snatch the glass. Minho, Kimbum, and Illwoo were in a club.

Illwoo grabbed his wrist and glared at him. "You're forgetting you had an operation a few days ago. If I kick you there, you'll die." He warned him.

Minho gave up on the glass and sighed. "I'll stop drinking. Then give me the number. Give it back to me, Illwoo." He pleaded.

Kimbum titled his head. "Did I miss something?" He asked confusingly.

Illwoo nodded. "I went to his house. And meet Mr. Joon. His manager. Minho requested him to manage Shinhye's number. I took the number from him. And didn't give him."

Kimbum turned to Illwoo. "Do you have it now? Do you bring it here?" As Illwoo nodded, Kimbum extended his hand to him without thinking twice. "Give him the number."

Illwoo gaped at him, shocked. "You know, their relationship will never work out. his world is totally opposite of hers." Minho just looked at them, he can't say anything. They are always right.

Kimbum nodded. "She'll not forgive him too. But if he wants to give it a try. Then let him. His world, her world. There is no such thing. If you're in the same spot, looking in the same direction, that's what all matters." He paused and took a glance at Minho. "You know I loved someone too. But it never worked out. But I always wanted to give it a try like him. It gives us mental satisfaction. Shinhye will push him away. He'll suffer. And it'll end one day." He said while pouring a drink for himself.

Illwoo sighed. That's right. Kimbum loved a girl. But the relationship never worked out. He tried. Tried his best. But failed at last. Illwoo didn't think anymore. He took the paper out from his pocket and handed it to Minho. "Now. Your suffering is starting."

Minho smiled weakly. "It's already started when I saw her after so many years with him!"

----

"Yea. Jongsuk..." Shinhye shouted and ran after Jongsuk. He was really annoying. They were making a cake but suddenly he smeared some cream on her face.

He laughed before protecting himself behind the couch. "Cream is good for the skin. Don't you know? It's helpful as the cream you use." He teased and changed his position behind the Tv when Shinhye ran to him.

Shinhye took the cushion from the couch and threw it to him. "I'm going to kill you today. Wait there." She said angrily while wiping the cream out of her face with a tissue.

When the doorbell rang, Jongsuk quickly ran to the door and opened it. "Ah. Sowon. Save me. Your witch eomma is going to kill me." He said as he hid behind Sowon.

Sowon turned to Jongsuk and got confused when he started panting. "Ajhussi did you run?"

Jongsuk nodded. "Your crazy eomma is... hitting me." Sowon shook her head and pressed her palm on her forehead. That's something often happen in this house. The maid laughed softly and entered the house.

Sowon came in with Jongsuk still behind her. When Sowon looked at her mother wiping cream out from her face, she couldn't hold her laugher. "Ajhussi did you pressed eomma's face on the cream? Eomma looks so funny." She said between laugh.

The maid also laughed but pressed her hand on as Shinhye looked at them.

Shinhye gritted her teeth and started taking steps to Jongsuk. "I'm going to kill you really."

Jongsuk gulped and held Sowon's shoulders from behind. "Yea.. Shinhye.." He mewed.

Sowon glanced at Shinhye and then at Jongsuk. "Stop it Eomma. Ajhussi." Shinhye clenched her jaw as Sowon shouted. "Eomma. Ajhussi. You take off day because it's Sunbin ajhumma's birthday, right? Why are you wasting time on fighting?" She yelled at them.

Jongsuk smirked seeing Shinhye defeated and walked towards the kitchen helplessly. Her daughter is like a mature woman. She talks like she is the mother and Shinhye is her daughter. She is right, they took off day because it's Sunbin's birthday. A soft smile spread across Jongsuk's face. The smile was a mixture of sadness.

Shinhye missed her best friend. She missed her very much that it pained her heart. Sunbin! Actually, she wasn't her best friend, she was like her own sister. She always supported her, always fought for her. A drop of tears escaped Shinhye's eyes.

She quickly wiped it out and took her phone from the kitchen counter which was vibrating. She glanced at the number, but it's unknown. She didn't think before picking it up. It must be from the hospital. "Yeoboseho."

-------

10 years ago...

 

"If in two circles, arcs of the same length subtend angles 60° and 75° at the centre, find the ratio of their radii." Shinhye sighed and looked at the person who was sitting in front of her.

She is bored already, but he looked so energetic. He must be crazy, how can he love maths? She doesn't think even who invented maths, didn't love maths.

Minho took a glance at Shinhye who looked helpless and laughed softly. He took the notebook from her and drew two circles on it. "Let the radii of the two circles be r1 and r2." He paused and looked at Shinhye, she was staring at the circled and listening to him attentively.

A smile curved his lips. "Let an arc of length l subtend an angle of 60° at the centre of the circle of radius r3.. Then let...." He continued.

Shinhye's lips parted when he finished. "It's so easy." She smiled heartily. "You're just wow." They were in a classroom. Minho told her, he'll help her in maths, he was helping her after school.

Minho grinned and gave her the notebook. "Now solve the next problem." Shinhye took the notebook and started solving it happily.

Minho put his hand on the table and rest his chin on his hands, turning to Shinhye, staring at her. How come he is falling for a girl when he doesn't want to fall for her? She was pulling him towards her like a magnet to steel. She has more power than a magnet.

He just stared at her with a smile. He knew his love will be like mathematics. Though it'll be full of problems, it'll add happiness, and also reduces problems. He is good at maths. But it's not easy as maths. It's realistic maths. If he uses a plus, everything will be minus including the plus. So the final calculation will not match.

The smile on Minho's face started to fade away slowly. His brain was arguing with his heart. His brain was disputing that he failed in the calculation. His heart was debating that he should give it a try.

The debate is over. And his brain win. Minho averted his gaze from her and clenched his hands into fists, fighting with his heart. He can't fall for her. The deal. It's the fact now. He'll make her fall in love with him. But for dealing with something one should use his brain not his heart. He was using his heart in this deal, not his brain.

"It's done."

When Shinhye said that, Minho swallowed hard and turned his face to her again. He glanced at the notebook and took the notebook from her. "Let me see." He checked the math and his brows got raised. "Very good. It's correct." He grinned and put his hand on her hair, patting her head.

Shinhye smiled brightly and locked her eyes with his. And that's an awkward moment. As their eyes met, they felt like electric volts running through their heart. Minho's hand on Shinhye's head slowly stopped patting and he quickly moved his hand.

Shinhye averted her gaze from him and rubbed her neck. "Um... I think.. we should go now." What was it a few seconds ago?

Taking a deep breath out, Minho nodded, not daring to look at her. "Let's go."

Shinhye put the books and notebooks in her bag and stood up. Minho and she started walking to the gate. Though all the students were not gone, few of them were playing, the school still looks empty. None of them was talking.

Minho couldn't bear the silence anymore, he slightly looked at Shinhye while walking. "So, where do you live?"

Shinhye also looked at him. "It takes 8 minutes walk from here." Her house is near the school. That was one of the reasons to transfer to this school.

They stopped in front of the car. Shinhye turned to Minho. "Bye. Minho sunbae."

As Minho heard the word Sunbae, Minho's brows furrowed. "We are close now, right?" As Shinhye nodded confusedly, Minho smiled. "Then call me Oppa. Sunbae doesn't feel close."

Shinhye's eyes got widened. "Oppa?" Yes, every boy wants a girl to call him Oppa. But why does he want her to call him Oppa? Sunbae doesn't feel close? What an excuse!

Minho nodded. "Oppa is much better." He said confidently.

Shinhye smiled softly. "Arosso. OPPA. Oppa should go now. It's late already." He was right, it really feels much better. Oppa!

Minho's face beamed with joy. "Thank you. And yes, I should go. Do you want to go with me?"

Shinhye's jaw clenched. When Minho saw her confused expression, he quickly widened his eyes. "I mean in my car. My drive will drive you to your house." He sighed silently. Everything is getting wrong.

Shinhye let out a relieved sigh. "Ah! Aniii." She shook her head. "I'll not go to my house."

Then where will she go? The question started to play in Minho's mind. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Then where will you go? Hokshi, do you have any boyfriend? Are you going to meet him? On a date?" He asked in one breathe.

Shinhye was totally dumbfounded by his so many questions at once. She bit her lower lip and shook her head. "What boyfriend? I will go to my eomma's restaurant! To held her." She said firmly.

Minho let out a relieved sigh silently and a soft smile curved his face. "Then my driver will drive you to..."

"Ani. Kumawo Oppa. I prefer walking than sitting in a car. The restaurant is near." Shinhye cut his words off.

Minho smiled hearing the word Oppa. "Arosso. I'll walk there with you." He insisted.

Shinhye pursed her lips. "Oppa, you should go to your home now. Your parents must be worried about you."

Hearing that Minho let out a sarcastic chuckle. "They don't even know what time does our school end!" His parents were always busy with themselves. They never talk to their own child, or never ask if they need anything.

A sudden pain waved Shinhye's heart seeing his hurtful expression. "Do you want to go to our restaurant?" She tried to smile.

Minho smiled too, she was trying to make him smile. "I will just you there. I don't think I'm prepared to meet your eomma now."

Shinhye titled her head. "Do you need preparation for meeting my eomma?" As Minho nodded, Shinhye pouted her lips. "Wae?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter