The Connection

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho turned the next paper and signed on the papers without reading it. Then he looked at Mr. Joon and gave it to him.

Mr. Joon glanced at the paper he was giving him. Then he looked at Minho. "Sajangnnim wants you to read these papers first."

Minho threw the papers on the table and laughed sarcastically. "Why does my father want me to read these? What if I don't agree with these contracts? There is no value of my agreement or disagreement." He was annoyed by his father, frustrated by his decisions on him.

Mr. Joon didn't reply to him. Then he took the papers and bowed before leaving the room.

Minho sighed and put his hands on the table, resting his head on his hands. Last night, Kimbum and Illwoo didn't let him drink, so he couldn't sleep at night. He was thinking about so many things the whole night. He is so sleepy now and tired too.

"Didn't you sleep at night?"

Minho sighed again. As expected, he can't take rest in this office even for a second. damn it. He cursed underneath his breath before looking at the person. He knew who is it. "Yea Somin. Come 10 minutes later. I'm really tired."

Somin didn't seem to listen to what he said just now. She walked towards him and put her hand on his hair. "Do you need relaxing pills?"

Minho shook his head. He knew what she means. He just needs to sleep. "I want to sleep. I'm sleepy."

"Why didn't you sleep at night? Even that little girl named Sowon was looking at confusedly when you were almost dozing off beside her on the bench in the school." Somin said confusedly.

Minho couldn't bear it anymore, he laughed helplessly. "You know I love the disease Insomnia. Do you know what are the advantages of insomnia? People who go to be early always complain that the night is too short, but for those who stay up all night, it can feel as long as a lifetime. I get a lot done. Like thinking about myself, thinking about her, her fiance Jongsuk... Oh. Oh. Jongsuk is Shinhye's fiance."

Hearing that Somin's expression went blank. "How is it possible? He can't marry her.. He.." She stopped and tried to look normal.

Minho clenched his jaw. "Why isn't it possible? He is her best... friend." His voice turned to a sarcastic tone.

Somin still couldn't believe it, she shook her head. "I don't think it's true. Are you sure?"

Minho nodded. "Shinhye told me. She told me they are getting married, funny isn't it?" Here the pain again started.

Somin thinks for a minute before shaking her head again. "I have something important to do. Bye." She said before leaving quickly.

Minho looked down on the table, at the paper, on which the number was written. Yesterday, he has fought with himself to stop himself to call her. He was thinking all night if he should call her or not. There was no answer. He took his phone and dialed her number many times, but at the last minute, he didn't call her. All he did was to put the phone down and blink back the tears.

He again took his phone and dialed the number. And this time he didn't cancel the call. Before he could decline the call, the call was picked up. His heartbeat raced when he heard the sweet voice ever.

"Yeoboseheyo." "Yeoboseheyo. Who is it?"

He inhaled deeply before replying to her. "Can we meet?"

Shinhye's body tensed up as she heard the voice. It's him. "Minho Oppa." She uttered as her grip on the phone tightened. "I'm hanging up."

Minho shook his head, even though she wasn't watching. "If you dare to hang up, I swear, I'll directly go to your house." He warned. "Meet me."

Shinhye clenched her hands more tightly. "I'll not."

"You'll. You know what can I do if you don't come. Meet me at Lotte hotel, room number 204. I'll wait for you in the evening. At 7." said Minho.

Shinhye let out a bitter laugh. "Where are your girl-friends? Just friends? Female friends? Why do you want me to go there?" Her voice was calm.

Minho gritted his teeth and closed his eyes tightly. "Stop talking nonsense. You know that better what I want from you is your heart, not your body. I know the truth now. You've figured out I'm trying my best to do that and you're trying to make me stop by hurting me this way. Well, it won't work. One way or another, I'm going to make you care about me. Yes, I am, unless your cold attitude kills me first. It's only fair, Shinhye. If I'm going to be miserable, by God, so are you. I am not a common guy and I will not be treated like one."

Tears were pooling in Shinhye's eyes already. It's torture. It's real torture. She has no strength to bear it now. "Oppa. I'm begging you don't do this to me. I don't have energy." She begged with her shaking voice.

Minho swallowed hard, trying to stay cool. "Don't do this to me. You're soul torturer. Meet me. I'll wait for you. Bye." He needs to decline the call, he will not be able to control himself if he talks with her one minute more.

-------

"Halmeoni..."

Sowon smiled brightly when she saw grandmother, Jo Misook entered the house. She quickly ran to her and hugged her.

Misook smiled too. "How are you? Let me see.. Omo.. You've become taller."

Sowon nodded. "You've gained weight. My grandmother is a good girl. Eomma will be happy to see you. Are you here because it's eomma's best friend..."

"Sunbin. It's her birthday today. That's why I'm here to celebrate it." Jomisook completed her words and kissed her cheek.

Then Sowon glanced at Jongsuk who was cutting a small piece from the cake. "Ah, Ajhussi... Don't do that." Sowon pouted her lips and tried to take the small piece of the cake. "Let's cut the cake first. Helmeoni is here too."

Jongsuk snickered and put the cake inside his mouth. Then he turned to Misook and bowed. "Anneyongseho. Gorgeous lady."

Misook glared at him and hit him on his back softly before giving him a hug. He is like her own son now. She is like Jongsuk's mother to him too.

Jongsuk rolled his eyes before looking at her again. "Your stubborn husband is still angry? How can a man be this angry with his own daughter and granddaughter? It's been seven years since he didn't talk to her. I don't know why every time whenever you come I just think he is with you." Jongsuk sighed deeply.

Misook couldn't say anything. Shinhye's father stopped talking with her seven years ago, he didn't even want to see her now. He is just too stubborn. "Where is she?" She changed the topic.

Jongsuk pointed to the kitchen. "Your lovely witch is in the kitchen." He winked at her and smiled.

Misook smiled and walked towards the kitchen to see her daughter. A soft sigh escaped her lips when she saw Shinhye looking mindlessly at her phone on the kitchen counter.

"Stop thinking about him. Will you?" She got back to her senses when she heard Misook's voice. She looked at her mother and got surprised. "Eomma. When did you come?"

Misook pressed her lips together and hugged her daughter. She missed her daughter. She was worried about her too. "5 minutes ago. What were you thinking? Stop thinking about that..."

"I wasn't... thinking about him.." Shinhye lowered her head.

Misook sighed. "You can't lie to your mother. You can't hide anything from me."

"He called me." Shinhye said firmly to her mother. That's true she can't lie to her nor hide anything from her.

Misook widened her eyes and gaped at her. "Why? After so many years. How did he get your number?"

Shinhye let out a soft laugh. "You know it's not hard for him to get my number."

"What did he say?" Her mother asked curiously.

Shinhye turned off the stove and started remembering every word he said. Is he really going to do something? If he does, what will she do? She doesn't have any energy. If he starts to try something, he'll find out about Sowon. She was sure. But she can't let him know that Sowon is his daughter. She can't involve her in all these messes. She can't make her life harder than before. If she gave him a chance now, he'll not be able to do anything without creating a mess. Their class, their religion, their differences, she can't deal with all these now.

"Eommaa. Let's cut the cake. Or Jongsuk ajhussi will finish it alone." Sowon shouted from the living room.

Inhaling a deep breath, Shinhye held her mother's hand and took her to the living room. She smiled at her daughter before glaring at Jongsuk. "I'm going to kill you if you dare to." She warned when he started taking another piece from the cake.

Jongsuk pouted his lips and stopped. "Arosso. Arosso. Cut the cake." He said while placing the candle on the cake. Shinhye grinned and stood in front of the cake with Jongsuk, holding the knife on the cake. Then she gazed at the photo frame on the table in front of them.

Both of Jongsuk and Shinhye tried to control their tears and smiled. Sowon and Misook clapped their hands, wished happy birthday to Sunbin when Shinhye and Jongsuk blow up the candle.

"Happy Birthday to you, Sunbin. Death can only take you away from us, but it can never take the precious bond and memories we made together. You were not my best friend, you were my sister. You've supported us till the last breath of yours. Thank you. Thank you so much. Wishing you floods of happiness in heaven." Shinhye said before cutting the cake with Jongsuk.

After cutting the cake, Shinhye went to the room to change, they'll take Sowon outside. Misook already went back to her restaurant. Though Shinhye was claiming that she was okay, she was confused. She was thinking if she should go to meet Minho or not.

----

Seoul Children Grand Park

"Mr. Joon. Tell me why are we here? Why do they want to meet me here? Ahh..  Really! Are they kidding me?" Minho asked Mr. Joon angrily.

Mr. Joon glanced at his watch and then at Minho. "They're here for their children. They tell your father to choose a place to meet. But your father let them choose the place. They said they'll be here in 10 minutes." He said with a smile.

Minho sighed. "He knows I don't like kids." He sat on a bench, rolling his eyes around, watching the kids coming with their parents happily. They were laughing, playing, enjoying. He doesn't like kids because like other kids he didn't have a good experience when he was a kid. He was envious of them, he wanted to have a great childhood like them. But he didn't. Their parents didn't have time for him back then too.

Mr. Joon looked at him. "You have terrible memories from your childhood, horrific memories that no one should live through. Especially not a child." He knew how he spent his childhood, he saw his experience.

Minho didn't say anything. He kept looking around. His eyes got widened and his lips curved with a smile when he saw a familiar face. "Eo. What is Sowon doing here?" He saw Sowon standing in front of the merry-go-round toy alone.

As he said that, Mr. Joon looked at the way he was looking at. "You know her? Who is that kid?"

Minho smiled again. "She is a nice kid. Wait, I'll just say hello to her."

Mr. Joon's face puzzled when he walked towards the little girl. "He just said he doesn't like kids." He muttered to himself.

Minho stopped in front of her and called her from behind. "Hey, beautiful lady." Hearing his voice, Sowon turned to him, she was totally shocked. "Ajhussi!"

"Sowon. She is buying the tickets."

Both of Minho and Sowon looked at the person who came beside Sowon. Minho's lips parted seeing the man. "Jongsuk! You know her?"

Jongsuk was totally stunned and confused seeing him here, talking with Sowon. He has many questions. He looked down at Sowon with a meaningful glare. Sowon got that and shook her head, confessing that he doesn't know anything.

Jongsuk inhaled deeply and looked at Minho. "She is my friend's daughter."

Minho titled his head. "Friend? Who? Sunbin?" He asked confusingly.

Jongsuk held his gaze as a sadness waved his heart. Minho probably doesn't know about Sunbin. And He doesn't want to talk to him about her.

"My eomma is a doctor, Jongsuk ajhussi's colleague. Ajhussi why are you here?" Sowon interrupted, changing the topic.

Minho grinned softly and squatted down in front of her. "I'm here for a business deal. I'm lucky enough to see you here. You litten up my mood. Thank you." Sowon smiled too.

-

After buying the tickets, Shinhye strode to the way where Sowon and Jongsuk were waiting for her. But she stopped in the midway when she saw Minho there, talking with Sowon, smiling at her. She froze in her position. All she can do is to watch them from there. She can't go there. She doesn't have the courage to fight him.

Destiny is real. It's not mild-mannered. It will come around and hit you in the face and knock you over before you know or realize it came. He came to me, entered my life slowly. I remember how he walked into my life, how I fell in love with him. Paris! I hate that place. The place which makes me realized that I can't escape from him. We were happy, we were sad. Then we parted apart. And he again appeared, bringing all the pain back. Today, he is in front of his daughter, my daughter, our daughter. He doesn't know it. But what kind of connection is it? Why must fate play like this?

----

10 years ago...

"Are you okay?"

Every student who witnessed the scene was completely stunned by Minho. They never saw something like this before.

Shinhye rolled her eyes around and then tried to push Minho away a little who was hugging her tightly. She has never been hugged like this. "I'm... I'm okay." She whispered.

Minho let out a relieved sigh and broke her free from his embrace. Though he was feeling so calm, it's embarrassing in front of the school. Everyone was staring at them like they have seen a ghost.

Before he could say something to Shinhye, she held his hand and pulled him towards the school building, rushing to the roof of the building. Minho was feeling confused, nervous, worried. She was looking angry.

He looked at her when she released his hand and stood in front of him. "Why do you beat them?" Shinhye asked him.

Minho sighed. "They did something bad to you. I can't just let it slide." Why was he nervous? He didn't do anything wrong.

Shinhye's eyes were expressionless. "They were three. You were one. How could you even think to beat them? What if they come and hurt you someday in the future?" She was just worried about him, not anyone else.

Minho laughed softly. "I don't care about myself. As long as you're okay." He said while locking his eyes with hers.

Shinhye los

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter