One Morning

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahm."

Minho turned his face to his daughter when she cleared . He was sitting on the couch, she was sitting on his lap, watching Tv. But he was not watching Tv, he was watching Shinhye's every move who was now watering the trees in the garden. Who water plants at night? For an hour?

After the incident in the garden, Shinhye told him to sit inside with Sowon. He and Sowon were sitting there for almost one hour. 

Minho had learned so many things about his daughter. Sowon hates cockroaches, her favorite color is yellow. Her best friend is Kyungsoo etc.

"Sowon, speak it out. Don't keep it inside your stomach." He understood Sowon has something to tell him, she was taking glances at him.

"Worried?" Sowon asked him while watching the TV, not giving him full attention, trying to intimate her mother who was also ignoring him. But she noticed her mother stole many glances at him.

Minho narrowed his gaze at her and sneered, seeing her attitude. "I'm your father, not your boyfriend. Don't give me this type of attitude like your mother."

"Why don't you talk with eomma?" Sowon looked at him now.

Minho pressed his lips into a thin line, blinked his eyes repeatedly. "Why do I feel like she'll eat me alive if I try to talk with her? She is just doing unnecessary works, just to ignore me."

Sowon giggled, her father looked like a kid who did something wrong and afraid that his mother is angry. "Appa."

"Hm." Minho replied.

Sowon climbed down from his lap. "Appa. Can you stand up?" Minho nodded and stood up confusingly.

Sowon came behind him, pressed his palms on his back, and started pushing him towards the garden. "Go and talk with her."

Minho widened his eyes and pressed his legs on the floor, trying not to move. "Sowon. The weather is really bad."

"That's good. Let it rain. Eomma loves rain appa." Sowon kept pushing him, this time using more force.

Minho sighed and turned to his daughter. "Wait." He showed her his palm, telling her to stop. Sowon stopped.

"Why should I talk with her first? I'm one who is angry."

Sowon raised her brows. "Why are you angry with eomma, appa?

Minho's lips curved with a soft smile, he bent to reach his hands to her cheek to cup it. "She's hidden you from me."

"Eomma is angry with you too. She doesn't want to forgive you."

The smiled on Minho's face faded. "She said that to you?"

Sowon shook her head. "To Jongsuk Ajhussi. But she's not forgotten about you. Every morning eomma cries holding a..."

Sowon stopped when she saw her eomma coming to them, staring at her appa's back. "Minho Oppa."

Hearing Shinhye's soft tone, Minho widened his eyes and turned back to her. "Are you talking with me?" He asked surprisingly.

Shinhye nodded. "It's already so late. Don't you have any plan to go back home?" Her voice was calm as ice.

Minho blinked his eyes and glanced up at the clock. His lips parted, he just realized it's late, almost 11.30 p.m. When did the time fly? He doesn't want to go back. For the first time, he got the chance to spend time with his daughter, he just wanted to stay with her.

Minho made a face like he was so sad and glanced down at his daughter who was shaking her head, telling him not to go. He rubbed his neck and looked at Shinhye, preparing himself for something. "Actually, it's really late." He stressed the word 'really'.

Shinhye understood he was trying to say something else, so she didn't respond, just held her gaze at him with her hands crossed on her chest.

Sowon felt pity for her father, her eomma is really scary.

"CanIstayheretonight?" Minho said it in a low and fast tone, so Shinhye didn't understand what he said.

"What?" Shinhye clenched her jaw.

Minho pursed his lips and took a long breath. "You know I'm getting the chance to spend time with Sowon for the first time. So, I'm not full until now. So.. I was telling... no... I was asking...  can I stay here tonight?"

Shinhye sighed and looked at her daughter, Sowon looked like she also wants to beg. "Then stay." She muttered with a soft voice before finding her way to the kitchen to wash dishes.

Minho's jaw got clenched, he titled his head confusingly. Did he hear it right? Did she tell him to stay?

"Appa. Yay! You're staying." Sowon beamed with joy. She is so happy.

Minho's eyes glowed, he smiled heartily. "Really?" Sowon nodded. "Where is your room?" He asked, rolling his eyes around.

Sowon held his hand and pulled him towards the couch with her. "Appa. I want to watch another movie with you. A horror movie." She said in a demanding tone and pouted her lips.

Minho sat on the couch beside her and narrowed his gaze. "You'll not get scared?" Sowon shook her head. "I'm so brave."

Minho let out a soft chuckle. "Cham. You're just like me in movie taste which is opposite of your eomma's taste." 

He remembered very clearly, once Minho forced her to go to the cinema to watch a horror movie. The movie's name was The cabin in the woods. She was so scared from the beginning.

Sowon giggled. "Yes, eomma always refused to watch horror movies with me. That's why I want to watch it with you. I'll turn the lights off and tell eomma to bring some snacks."

As Minho nodded, Sowon quickly went to the kitchen to her eomma. Minho's lips curled up with a soft smile. He is a real happy man now. Whose happiness can beat his?

He was sure no one's can. Falling in love with Shinhye was the best miracle in his life and being the father of Sowon is another best miracle. Until yesterday he really thought he had lost Shinhye. But no, God gave him a total gift set. Every time when Sowon calls him appa, his heartbeat quivers, his heart fills with butterflies.

Minho came back to his senses as Sowon turned the lights off, sat beside him, and took the remote to start the movie. "Ready. 1. 2. 3..." She counted. "Start."

Minho also turned his face to the TV. After about 10 minutes, Shinhye entered the living room, watching the father and the daughter together. Both of them like horror movies. Of course, he is her father.

They looked happy, really happy. Sowon's face was glowing. Shinhye suppressed her smile before walking towards them. She was holding a tray, she brought popcorn and chips for them.

Minho and Sowon averted their gaze from the Tv to Shinhye when she put the tray down on the table in front of them. "Thank you eomma." Sowon said before taking the popcorn and again gluing her eyes at the Tv screen.

Shinhye was trying hard to maintain a plain face. She took a glance at Minho who was staring at her with a puzzled face before turning around to go to her bedroom. But before she could take a step, she felt a grip on her hand. 

She creased her brows and looked back. As expected it's Minho. "What?"

Minho gulped and made puppy eyes before pointing the space beside him on the couch. "Sit here. Let's watch this movie together." He whispered, trying not to break Sowon's concentration on the Tv screen.

Shinhye tried to break her hand free from his grip, but her strength was no match with his.

"I know you're still angry with me. So am I." Hearing that Shinhye frowned. Why was he angry? Minho stole a glance at Sowon before looking at Shinhye again. "But. We're not angry with her, right? Why must she suffer?"

Shinhye's heart started melting. This guy really knows how to melt her heart. 

Inhaling a soft breath, Minho continued. "She will be very happy if we watch it together. I know you don't watch horror movies. You don't have to watch it. Sit here." He buttered her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter