A Lost Chance

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That's another morning with the colors of sadness, covering the sky. The sun has come up and Shinhye was sitting by a window, looking at the foggy outside. Her body shivered with a cold that will never go away, a cold that has been inside her for eight years.

She has no complaints about the path she has chosen to follow, it's always the right path. She wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Through her blurry eyes, she checked the clock. She realized it is time to let her feelings buried inside again. She stood and shuffled across the room; stopping in front of the bed where her daughter was snoring peacefully.

She on the bed, and leaned to plant a soft kiss on her hair. "Get up. It's 7." She whispered softly. She knew her daughter was awake, she was just pretending to be sleep.

She always does this. She knew after finishing the morning prayer, eomma always loves to sit alone beside the window. She pretends to sleep because she doesn't want to disturb her eomma in observing nature. She knows her eomma cries every morning. But she doesn't want her to stop. Her Jongsuk ajhussi said crying less our pain.

When Sowon opened her eyes slowly and rolled on the bed, Shinhye smiled. "Good morning young lady."

Sowon also smiled. "Good morning, eomma." The one thing about her eomma amazed her most, she put a soft smile on her face always. She has a great ability to smile after crying.

Shinhye stood up and pulled the drawer handle to open it. After putting something in the drawer, she closed it. "Come downstairs and take your breakfast." She said before leaving.

Sowon pulled her tiny body up from the bed and walked to the drawer. She opened the drawer and looked at something her mother kept inside it. "It's the heart shape locket again! Eomma always stares at it when she is alone."

She put it up and tried to read what was engraved on the locket. "I'm taken!" She read it aloud. "I'm sure it's given by my father." She sighed. She put it inside and closed the drawer before going to the bathroom.

Shinhye was preparing breakfast with the maid. Sowon came down to the dining room and sat on the chair. "Eomma. Where is ajhussi?"

Before Shinhye could reply to her, the doorbell rang. Sowon almost jumped in joy. "Here is my ajhussi." She quickly ran to the door to open it.

When she opened the door, Jongsuk leaned and smiled at her. "Good morning, Princess. When did you wake up?"

Sowon kissed his cheek and smiled back. "At 7." Jongsuk pulled her cheeks before coming in.

Everyone sat on the chair to take breakfast. Shinhye looked at Jongsuk who was sitting beside Sowon. "Do you really want your eomma to pull my hair? You always come here before breakfast. You miss your breakfast with your family just to make Sowon happy." She said.

Jongsuk let out a soft smile. "You know my parents don't care about me. They just care about my elder brother, Lee Joon Ho."

A soft sigh escaped Shinhye's lips. That's true. His parents just care about their elder son. Because he'll be the next holder of the company. Everybody has their own pain that they buried inside their hearts. Jongsuk, who always looks happy, has his own pain which he hides from the world.

After taking breakfast, Sowon got ready and then she and Jongsuk waited for Shinhye. Sowon checked if her eomma coming or not before looking at Jongsuk. "Ajhussi."

Jongsuk turned to her. "Yes."

Sowon kept silent for sometime before opening again. "Who is my appa? I know my eomma doesn't want me to know who is he. But you know, I have a lot of curiosity. I promise I'll tell anyone that he is my appa." She tried to convince him.

Jongsuk let out a soft smile. Obviously, she has a lot of curiosity in her tiny head. She always asked him about her father. But Shinhye doesn't want her to see his father. Because she knew her daughter is so clever.

"You're promising ajusshi that you'll tell anyone. You can't even tell your eomma that you see your appa. Arosso?" Jongsuk warned her before taking his phone out from his pocket.

Sowon nodded. "Pinky promise." Then Jongsuk pressed on the google app on his phone. Sowon widened her eyes as he typed the name Lee Min Ho in the search box.

After pressing the search button, google showed his picture. Jongsuk pressed on one picture and showed it to Sowon.

Sowon took his phone and stared at the phone screen. Her eyes and mouth dropped open. She understood her father is someone important. "Wow. Appa is as so handsome as you, ajhussi. Is he a model? I saw him many times on TV and banners." Sowon asked surprisingly.

Jongsuk shook his head. "He is a businessman. He is the richest man in Korea."

Sowon gave him back the phone and looked at him. "Why doesn't he love my eomma? My eomma is so pretty. She is a doctor, smart. Is it just because she isn't as rich as he?" Her face downed.

Jongsuk raised his brows. "Who said he doesn't love your eomma?"

Sowon pressed her lips. "Eomma."

Jongsuk sighed deeply. "Let's not talk about it anymore. Your eomma is coming." He changed the topic.

After driving Sowon to the school, Shinhye and Jongsuk came to the hospital.

Jongsuk and Shinhye were in the elevator, going to their office. Jongsuk took a glance at Shinhye. "What are you going to do about him?" He asked about Minho.

Shinhye didn't look at him. "Who? About the new patient?" She asked.

Jongsuk laughed softly. "You know who! Lee Minho. He saw you after so many years. You know he is going to do something crazy."

"He'll not." She insisted. She knew he'll come to see her. But she lied.

Jongsuk sighed silently. "Don't lie." He knew she is just hiding what she thinks.

Shinhye didn't reply to him, she went to her office when the elevator stopped.

-----

"His BP is dropping." The nurse looked at Shinhye worriedly.

Shinhye didn't look at the nurse. "Get some blood. Quick." She ordered. She put her hand up in front of the other nurse. "Give me the scalpel." She set the scalpel on the patient's hand and then she looked up at Dr. Han. "Here?"

Dr. Han was looking in the monitor, he checked it again before nodding. "Did you find it?" She asked.

Shinhye cut the wound bigger before nodding and, extending her hand to the nurse. "Retractor."

The nurse gave her the retractor and after using it to separate the edges of the wound, Shinhye glanced at Dr. Han.

Dr. Han sat on her seat as she stood up, she needed to pull the veins to tie it with others. "Tell me if you can feel." She glanced at the patient.

After finishing the surgery successfully they came out of the operation room. Shinhye came to her office. It's time for her to check the new patients. She took the first report.

In the meantime, someone came inside her office without knocking. Shinhye who was so busy reading the report looked up at the patient, her jaw almost dropped in shock when she saw the patient who was smiling at her.

Shinhye blinked her eyes and shook her head, hoping she was seeing things.

"Suprise." He sneered.

Shinhye clenched her hands into fists and forced herself to control her anger. "Why are you here? I have appointments. Leave before I call..."

"First of all, they'll not dare to touch me. Secondly, they'll not kick out a patient." Minho said calmly.

Shinhye narrowed her eyes. "Who is the patient?"

Minho let out a soft sigh. "Of course. Me."

Shinhye's face softened now. That's right, he got hit by a bullet in his stomach. Is he in pain still now? She felt anxious. "Does your stomach hurt?" She asked softly.

Minho shook his head. "My back hurts."

"Where?" Shinhye raised her brows.

Minho sighed again. "How can I show you where?"

Shinhye stood up and came in front of his chair. Minho's breathing became heavier when she leaned and put her one hand on his back. He missed this touch, damn so much. He missed her addictive scent. He missed her eyes which were only fond of him.

"Are you really getting married to Jongsuk?" He asked while swallowing.

Shinhye was very sure now that he was fine. He just came here to ask her questions. She sighed deeply. "You lied, didn't you?" She looked at him, expressionless.

Minho's heart almost dropped to his stomach when he saw the coldness in her eyes. Is everything end? Nothing is left between them?

"Leave," Shinhye said sharply and started to go back to her chair. But before she could take a step, Minho wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her chest so that he could hear her heart pounding.

Shinhye tried to pull away but her strength wasn't as strong as his. "What.. are you doing? Let me... go. It's my office.." She continued trying.

Minho wrapped his arm more tightly, ignoring her resistance. He was trembling, he doesn't know why. It's been eight years, he last hugged her. When he felt her heavy heart pounding against his ear, a soft smile spread across his face. "It's pounding fast. That's mean.."

"Our heartbeat increased when we're nervous,  happy, excited, even when we're angry." Shinhye corrected him with a sharp tone.

Minho didn't want to believe what he heard. He shook his head. "Tell me it still beats for me." He pleaded. He wants to believe it, she still belongs to him.

Shinhye bit her lip, trying hard to control her tears which were threatening to fall from her eyes. "It beats for another one." She muttered. It beats for Sowon. My daughter. Our daughter.

Minho swallowed hard, trying to gulp away the pain he was in now. "If it's not for me, it's not for Jongsuk either." He said confidently, still hugging her tightly.

Shinhye felt his trembling arms and a drop of warm water on her blouse. "Wae? You used to..."

"I used to be jealous of him. And you know why! Don't try to change the topic. Tell me who is it. Who captured your heart?" Minho asked.

Shinhye sighed sharply. "Who are you? Who are you to ask me personal questions?" As she said that, she felt his arms around her waist loosened. She used her strength and set herself free from his hug.

But before she could make a safe distance between them, Minho already stood up and pinned her against the wall hard, he held her hands tightly so that she can't move or push him.

"Yea. Lee Minho. I'll shout if you keep doing this." Shinhye struggled. She knew what he was trying to do, but she'll not let him kiss her lips. She doesn't dare to look into his eyes. He was close. Their bodies were almost pressing with each other. Both of them were hearing their own heart pounding.

Minho gulped and leaned closer to her. Shinhye bit her lips and closed her tightly. She knew he was using his ert teasing skill to melt her down. But no, she'll not.

He knew she'll not meltdown, but still, he wants to try. He felt his heart will bust out soon when his lips touched her neck. It's like a heart attack for him. Shinhye wasn't struggling anymore, her knees went weak but he was gripping tightly on her hands. She hates herself for being so weak in front of this man.

He was planting soft kisses on the whole of her neck. Their breath was becoming heavier in every minute. Minho almost loses his control when Shinhye's warm breath fell on his skin.

The moment he kissed tenderly on her neck with his warm lips, Shinhye felt his heart went crazy. Now her body was trembling as his lips traveled to her ear. His breath was fanning against her skin, crazily!

When Shinhye let out a soft grasp, Minho stopped kissing her neck, waited for the air to fill his lungs.

Tears started to pool in their eyes. Shinhye released her lip which she was biting hard and opened her eyes. "Do you think that you can buy me with money now?" She said while looking at him.

Minho felt a sharp knife stabbed in his heart seeing her coldness again. "Shinhye. I'm sorry."

Tears started to roll down to her cheeks. "I know it's not your fault to appear in front of me again. But this time, you came w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter