The Past

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The red light outside the operation theatre turned off.

After about five minutes Shinhye strode out of the operation room with Hyungshik.

"After transferring him to the ICU, make sure to check his BP time to time and about breathing, if he needs the breathing tube, don't remove it." Shinhye said Hyungshik as she removed the surgical mask from her face.

"Call me if..." She stopped as the Lee Donghwa showed up in front of her. She knew him. He is Minho's father. Both of them appeared together on TV many times. Seeing his facial expression, she understood he was so worried.

"Doctor. How is he? How is my son?" Lee Donghwa asked worriedly.

Taking out a silent breath, Shinhye glanced at him. "The operation is successful. He'll be fine." Then she pointed Hyungshik. "You can ask him if you have any questions. Excuse me." She excused herself. She always felt breathless whenever she talked to someone who is connected with Minho.

Shinhye quickly made her way to the elevator to go to her office and calm herself. Though she was fine in the operation room, now her heart is beating unevenly again.

After coming to her office, at first, Shinhye took the glass from the table and drunk the water in one sip. She sat on her chair and leaned. Then she told Miseok to send the patients.

One hour passed. She heard someone coming into the room but didn't bother to see. There is so much in her mind. Why did her mother choose her? Did she know her? Or just because she is good at it? About him, how did he get shot by the gun? How will he react when he'll know she healed his wound? And his mother! She is the CEO of this hospital. If she had known this, she wouldn't have applied for this hospital.

"I heard our CEO's son has admitted here?"

Shinhye turned her head to the door, hearing the familiar voice. It was Jongsuk. "The operation was given to me." She let out a sarcastic smile.

Jongsuk didn't react, he sat on the chair. "Because you're the best our CEO knows it." He said with a smile.

"Do you know who is he?" Shinhye asked, hoping he knew.

"Ani..." Jongsuk shook his head.

Shinhye pursed her lips when she stood up. "I'll show you tomorrow. I need to go now. Sowon is alone."

Jongsuk nodded as he also stood up. "Let's go."

"Are you going with me?" Shinhye asked.

Jongsuk smirked. "Can I?"

Shinhye narrowed her eyes. "Ani."

"I'll just you to the parking lot." Jongsuk said and came out of the office with Shinhye.

When Shinhye pressed the doorbell of the mansion, Sowon quickly opened the door. "Eomma." She hugged her with her tiny arms when Shinhye came in "Sowon missed you."

Shinhye smiled as she pulled away and creased her cheeks. "Eomma missed Sowon more. Did you eat?"

Sowon pouted her lips and shook her head. "I will eat with eomma."

"Arosso. Eomma will get freshen up first, then let's eat together." Shinhye said while going up to her room.

After finishing dinner Shinhye came to her room and laid on the bed. She looked at her daughter who was lying beside her, cuddling her. She said that she wants to sleep with her today. A soft smile curved her face.

"Eomma. Ajhussi said you don't want to forget appa. Why don't you want to forget him? You said he doesn't love us." Sowon gazed up at her mother. The conversation in the morning kept playing in her mind. She knew her father left them because he doesn't love them. But why can't her mother forget him?

Shinhye bit her lower lip and looked at her daughter. "Because he is the person who gave me Sowon. Sowon is the most precious gift of my life. And I told you the one he doesn't love is me, not you. He doesn't know you exist. Eomma was so angry with him. So I didn't tell him about you." She tried to make her daughter understand.

Sowon's brows furrowed a little. "Eomma. Do you love appa?" She doesn't want her eomma to loves his appa. She doesn't hate him but she is angry with him. He made her eomma cry for him.

A helpless sigh escaped Shinhye's lip. "Sowon, eomma is tired. Let's sleep." She doesn't want to answer this question because she doesn't know the answer. Does she still love him? She can't deny she missed him. But love? She really doesn't know.

-----

Minho opened his eyes in the morning when he felt someone holding his hand gently. He turned his face and saw his sister sitting beside him.

"Noona." Minho's face curled up with a wide weak smile. His sister Lee Seyoung, his most favorite person in this world. She lives abroad with her husband.

Lee Seyoung glared at his brother. "What are you? A superman? You should have moved with others, stupid." She gently hit on his arm.

Minho laughed weakly. Though the pain was gone, he still feels weak.

"How are you feeling?" Seyoung asked worriedly.

Minho looked at his stomach before looking at his sister. "I'm just hungry. They fed me liquid foods. The saline is filling my tank, you know how I feel."

Seyoung laughed now. "Get well soon. Noona will cook for you."

"I don't think I'll be able to eat those FOODS." Minho .

Seyoung scowled and hit on his arm gently. "Why are you not asking about eomma and abuji?" She asked as her face softened.

"Do I need to ask? Eomma and Abuji are busy with works. That's why they're not here. Am I still a kid? I'm not that kid anymore. I don't need them here." Minho said, trying to suppressing the sadness on his face with a smile.

Seyoung shook her head, disagreeing with her brother. "You're a grown-up man but you're still a kid. You just learned to give up. You are giving up on everything. Because you think you can't change anything."

Minho swallowed, trying to swallow the pain and averted his gaze, tears started glittering in his eyes. She always said the right thing that he can't protest. He learned to give up many years ago. He gave up on everything a long ago. Yes, because he can't change anything. His parents are always busy with their works even when their children are suffering. His parents just imposed their opinions on their children. He was tired of trying, tired of making them understand.

Seyoung chuckled as he didn't protest now. "I heard a beautiful surgeon performed your surgery." She changed the topic. She knew he likes girl's topic.

Minho shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I need to see her, to know that."

"She is coming. I have to go outside. Take care."  Seyoung stood up and went outside as she saw the beautiful doctor entering the ICU. Minho turned his head a little to see but he couldn't see the doctors. When he didn't see anyone, he turned his head to the other side.

Seeing the doctor, all the junior doctors and staff in the ICU stood up to show her respect.

The moment the doctor appeared near Minho's bed, Minho turned his face to see the doctor, he froze in his position. His heartbeat increased to irregular beat from the normal rate. Is she for real? It's her. The same pair of intoxicating eyes, the same pink lips, the same tiny pointy nose. That breathtaking beautiful woman.

She is a doctor now. The last time when he saw her she was studying at Seoul National University. The most beautiful woman he has ever met. He couldn't believe his own eyes, he tried to speak but words were stuck in his throat. Her face was expressionless. It's obvious that she prepared herself before coming here.

"His BP is 90/50. The pain was gone after receiving the injection." Miseok clarified everything to her.

The nurse came to the doctor and handed Minho's reports to her. She glanced at the direction where Minho's saline bottle was placed and then looked back at the reports.

Minho couldn't stand it anymore, he needs to hear her voice. The voice which he wanted to hear it for many years. "Shinhye!" He uttered softly, unable to avert his gaze from the woman who is standing in front of him.

Shinhye who was reading his reports looked down at him, still expressionless. "Should I be happy? The heir of the Empire group remembers my name. After seven years." Her voice was calm.

Minho's body was so weak now, this woman is making him weaker. He missed this woman so damn much. Tears were pooling in his eyes. Guiltiness, nervousness, happiness clouded in his mind. "You counted the time? Still not over me?" He said weakly.

Shinhye felt a lump in . She turned the nurse and Miseok who were looking at Minho with ghostly expression. How can he say this in front of other people? A line appeared on her forehead. She was prepared for this. But why was she getting nervous? His most annoying handsome face was making her nervous more and more.

"Lee Minho." Jongsuk called shockingly as he came beside Shinhye and saw the patient. He did as Shinhye told him. Shinhye told him to come here in the morning. But he didn't expect Minho here. He just realized he called his name aloud, he was in the ICU.

"You're still with her. Lee Jong-suk!" Minho let out a weak laugh, but it hurt his stomach. The pain is back again. Was it really his stomach that is in pain? Or was it his heart?

Shinhye glanced at Jongsuk before looking at him again. "We're getting married." She said sharply.

Jongsuk widened his eyes as she said that. What? Married? It's a lie. "Shin..." He stopped as he saw Shinhye's eyes, it feared him.

"That's good." Minho forced him to say that as his breath hitched. He needs to control himself, he needs to control his heart, control his tears. His tears are meaningless to Shinhye. And what? She isn't married. She is getting married!

Shinhye nodded. "Yes." She took the pen from Miseok and write something on the prescription. Then she turned to Miseok who was shocked. "I have an operation in the afternoon. Tell Hyungshik to meet me. Here is his prescription." She handed the papers the Miseok.

Miseok nodded obediently. "Arosso."

Shinhye glanced at Minho before holding Jongsuk's hand and coming out of the ICU with him.

"Yea. Shinhye. Why did you lie?" Jongsuk glared at Shinhye.

Shinhye released his hand. "You know what kind of man he is. He'll think I'm still not over him." She said while hesitating.

"It's true. You're still not over him. And it'll never happen. Why bother to hide it from him?" Jongsuk continued to glare at her.

Shinhye looked at him with her puppy eyes. "Help me." She pouted her lips.

Jongsuk sighed defeatedly and walked to the elevator with Shinhye following him. This woman is hopeless.

-----

7 days passed.. Minho will be released from the hospital today. In these 7 days, Shinhye came to check up on him every day. But neither of them talk with each other. Minho tried to talk with her but nurses were always there with her. These days, Minho forced himself to believe that everyone has their own life and needs someone in life who'll love him/her, care for him/her, support him/her, marry him/her and will give birth to a child with her/him.

"Can you really walk?" Mr. Joon asked worriedly. Minho kept saying that he can walk by himself.

Minho stood up from the hospital bed and looked at Mr. Joon. "My stomach hurts a little, not my legs. Don't worry my legs are fine. I can walk."

Mr. Joon let out a soft sigh and followed him to the elevator. After stepping into the elevator, Minho pressed on the first-floor button. When something crossed his mind, he quickly pressed on the third floor.

Mr. Joon clenched his jaw. "Wae? Why are we going up instead of going down?"

"I want to see someone.". Minho replied with a soft voice.

Mr. Joon raised his brows and gazed at Minho. He wasn't sure if he was nervous or not. But the was sure he was going to surprise him. He saw this kind of expression on his face long ago.

The elevator's door opened, Mr. Joon looked around. It's the office floor of doctors. Minho slowly started walking, checking every office, reading the nameplate which was hanging on the doors. Mr. Joon understood he was searching for a room.

Mr. Joon didn't say anything. He just followed Minho who wasn't bothering his presence. He is like a kid until now. How is he going to handle the whole empire group? A soft sigh escaped his lips.

Minho was still searching for a room. He stopped when he saw someone coming to them. The one whom he was searching for. His heartbeat raced as he saw the person Then his gaze stopped at the other person. Why does it hurt inside my heart when I see them together?

Mr. Joon's eyes got widened when he saw the person Minho was staring at! "That girl..?" He turned his head to Minho with a shocking expression. "Shinhye! Isn't that her?"

Shinhye came with Jongsuk to Minho, then she looked at Mr. Joon. "Anneyongseho Mr. Joon. How are you?" She bowed.

Mr. Joon was still in shock. "You're a doctor?" He asked without replying to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter