Love Like Chocolate

My Favorite Fanfics : Super Junior

Title: Love Like Chocolate

Author: PandaOcean

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst, Comedy

Pairings: Eunhae

My thoughts: Well written, every scene pulls you, sassy Donghae, sassy Hyukjae, Chef Donghae and Hyukjae

 

 

 

SPOILERS~

First of all, the author writes so well. Every sentence grips you tight. It's fascinating. I've read this story once and come back to read my favorite parts now and then. You must be familiar because the author is pretty popular.

 

They meet at the first chapter and it's my favorite chapter. They personalities clash in the first meeting. Donghae is one sassy chef and Eunhyuk has an attitude to counter him. Both are smart and extremely good at their work. Every scene was written so well that I felt like I was watching it live. It was easy to picture every single thing. (I don't know whether I'll ever be able to reach near there)

 

Donghae had some big problems - his health and his relationship with his boyfriend. He was battling with poor health, not battling anymore. He had given up. His boyfriend, Siwon, was up to no good. For Siwon, Donghae was his possession. Sadly, he didn't care about him much. Donghae was already going through tough times. For him, Siwon was a safe abode even though he knew things were just not right between them. I think he wanted to live with whatever he had with Siwon until he died. And he was very willing to die.

 

As I saw it, Donghae was the damsel in distress. Now what we needed was a knight in shining armor.

 

Then comes in Eunhyuk who wasn't the ideal knight. He didn't just fall in love with Donghae easily (as I had been expecting and even looking forward to).

 

Eunhyuk had talent. He showed the stubborn chef how good he was at his work. And let's not forget that they didn't click at all. They didn't loathe each other, but obviously, they weren't a big fan of each other either. Still, Eunhyuk had some respect for Donghae, who was his boss.

 

The competition came and that's where the story progressed more.

 

Yoona, Donghae's sister-in-law came to know that Donghae didn't want to get treated. Fate brought Yoona, Donghae, and Eunhyuk at the same place and she made s request to Eunhyuk to take care of him. To which, he agreed. That was the turning point in their relationship.

 

They went to France (Correct me if I'm wrong) for the competition and Eunhyuk took care of Donghae. At this point, the brunette (that's how Donghae was often referred in the story. Anyways, you must know because he's referred as a 'brunette' in most of the stories, including mine) had obviously started to like Eunhyuk. They met more hilarious characters.

 

As the competition progressed, things were going fine. Even their friends secretly shipped them together. Donghae was obviously falling for Eunhyuk. Since Eunhyuk's point of view wasn't shown much (idrr - I don't really remember), it was hard to tell if his feelings were mutual. But since he was so caring for Donghae, I had my hopes up.

 

Then entered Siwon. He was rich (obviously), which has its perks. He made it to the committee of the competition or something. Thus he got involved in Donghae's life in France and created a big mess. More than that, he was cheating on Donghae. He could clearly see that Donghae was drifting away from him and to Eunhyuk. His possessiveness kicked in and he wanted Donghae for himself only. That's how he ended up proposing him. (I was so frustrated. Everything was going fine. There was already enough drama and Siwon just have to dive in and act as Donghae's knight in shining armor. But it was so gripping. The story had pulled me in so deep).

 

I wanted Donghae to leave Siwon and go to Eunhyuk. (That was my Eunhae fangirl screaming. At that point, Donghae wouldn't have known Hyuk's feelings. His only stability was Siwon.)

 

We finally see how messed up Siwon was when he became violent. I was shocked. Donghae was already going through so much and then this mess. His health was deteriorating fast. He had great friends who cared for him deeply. But nothing seemed to be able to pull him from the darkness he was drowning in.

 

Afater that, I realized why Donghae couldn't just leave Siwon. He had clutched him so tight. Donghae was inside his cage. He won't let him escape.

 

When Donghae was taken to the hospital, I knew something was about to happen. At this point, both Donghae and Eunhyuk's feelings were obvious (it took too long. But that's what I like the most). It became quite shady. The scene in the hospital room was also written well. I was shaking my leg in excitement while reading it.

 

Siwon's past came to light and the reason for his behavior was also explained by Hanchul.

 

Donghae took his time to recover but when he woke up, our lovely Eunhae kissed. (Took you long enough, you fools!)

 

The Epilogue was great.

 

 

It's one of my favorite fanfics. I really love it. When I get time, I'll read this again, too. I'll read so many times that it will get tired of me.

 

The author is a gem among Eunhae fans. She is so good with her words. Truly incredible.

 

 

(I think this story wasn't available on Love Like Chocolate for some time. I would have been able to find it if it was. Beyond Innocence is also available now and I remember searching for it like crazy but not finding it.)