The Letters From That Boy

My Favorite Fanfics : Super Junior

Title: The Letters from that Boy

 

Author: ThanhXuan

 

Characters: Donghae & Eunhyuk

 

Genre: romance, fluff, humor

 

Length: 24 Chapters + Epilogue (61,862 words)

 

Status: Complete

 

~

 

Description:

 

Because Hyukjae has signed in the penpal club of his high school some time ago and forgot to quit, he receives a letter from an anonymous student. He writes back and starts a slow friendship, thinking it's not so bad. And then inadvertently falls in love with this very same person.

 

Except this guy is Lee Donghae and he's supposed to hate him?

 

~

 

My Thoughts:

 

It's cute beyond words, full of fluff and humor. I laughed a lot while reading it. I keep going back to this fic from time to time whenever I feel like reading something really cute. It's one of my favorites. Kyuhyun is your usual brat in this one too. There's slight Kyumin - more cuteness.

 

 

 

 

 

Spoilers~

 

It's been a long tie since I last read it so I don't remember much. Sometimes I go back to read the last few chapters.

 

The story is very cute and cliché and just too adorable. I like to read it again and again because it's absolutely sweet. Although the idea itself isn't anything extraordinary, it's written in such a fun way that you will love it. It's really good.

 

The reader sees Hyukjae's perspective. He's so stupid and so cute. He doesn’t like Donghae because of something that happened in the past. The feelings are completely mutual. They don't like each but somehow, they end up becoming penpals. Of course, they don't know about each other's identities and connect through the letters.

 

Donghae seems like a nicer person in the letters, which I think was very interestingly written. I think I've read a similar storyline in Wattpad with girlxboy. What I didn't like back then was that the person had the same personality. The letters and the real person, they were the same as if the only personality they ever had is disliking the other main character. While in this story, Donghae is general a nice person. He's only a jerk to Hyukjae.

 

Moreover, Donghae has a girlfriend.

 

Then we have Kyuhyun. He is Hyukjae's best friend and such a mood. He's very sarcastic and hilarious. He knows how to tease and help his friends. His evil personality is well retained in the story. But his caring personality doesn’t go missing either.

 

Sungmin is Donghae's friend. We are ought to have a taste of Kyumin here. He is sweet and caring and lovely.

 

When Hyukjae and Donghae fall in love, that's what we've been waiting for, it becomes even cuter. Like, why they've been fighting for so long. They make such a perfect couple. Still bickering but very understanding. Too adorable for my heart.

 

My favorite scene is their first kiss in school. The first kiss, was it? I think it was. 

 

The Letters From That Boy is easily one of my favorites. I want to thank the author for writing it. The fluff and humor and romance - everything is very nice.

 

 

** **

 

I'm asking another question today. Who is your favorite ship in SJ? Mine is Eunhae (It used to be Kyuhae but now Eunhae has taken the first place.) Who is your second favorite ship? Mine is Kyuhae, ofc.