Heavenly Voyage

My Favorite Fanfics : Super Junior

Title: Heavenly Voyage

Author : ImNotAlone

Characters: Hyukjae, Donghae and various other Super Junior members

Genre: Historical, Romance, Angst, Humor, Psycological

Length: 31 Chapters

 

(I'm adding more information without spoilers)

 

Summary :

Donghae dies doing a good deed and a nice spirit sends him back in time, possibly in other space and time, where he is a prince, an abused one. The source of his pain is Regent Lee Hyukjae.

 

My Thoughts and stuff:

I was avoiding reading it because it was so damn long. But then I mustered up the courage during my holidays and read it all. There were some obvious grammatical errors but they didn't take away the fun of reading it. There are some interesting twists that will surprise you. Also, there's .

You really need to read it.

 

Caution: In the beginning, there might be some elements that might make you a bit uncomfortable. Just a few scenes in a couple of chapters. Other than that it was really good. (PM if you want to know more)

 

 

Spoilers~ (If you haven't read the story, skip this part)

 

I don't usually read historical fanfictions because they are hard for me to imagine, mostly because of the difference in culture. This is one of the two (chaptered fics) I've read. The other one is Beyond Innocence.

 

What I like about historical fictions is that they are usually strategic and intelligent. This story hits right there.

 

Donghae is from the future so of course, he knows things that people from the past don't. Of course, he had tricks up his sleeves that he could use to impress everyone. He did his job pretty well. The good thing was, he actually knew things. There were some interesting idioms he used that were quite entertaining. As a reader, I was impressed with Donghae's character.

 

Then there was Lee Hyukjae, the Reagent. Although Donghae was the prince, Hyukjae was the one who was actually in power. And he didn't make things easy for Donghae. Now this kind of Hyukjae wasn't actually likable (at the very beginning, it was quite bad) but he will grow into you in following chapters. He became the kind of Hyukjae that I actually like. He was smart, reliable, responsible, shrewd, cunning and a sadist.  

 

Now there were villains and one big bad bully in the end. (Can you guess? It's easy.)

 

The story was like a huge drama. I think I read it last year so I don't exactly remember many things.

 

Many things happened that took me completely by surprise. The biggest surprise was Donghae getting poisoned which I had not been expecting at all. And the way Hyukjae got him treated was a surprise in itself.

 

They are both smart. That's the best point. They use their brains to solve any problem that comes their way. While Donghae solves a problem as if it wasn't a problem in the first place (being from future). It's a good thing that he remembers all those things.

 

Hyukjae, given his position, is more calculating. Donghae relies more on his emotions.

 

The best thing is that they care for each other. At one point, it seems like a tragic story. Especially near the end. I really thought that Hyukjae died. Seriously, the way he was attacked, I'm surprised how did he even recover from that. He must be superhuman.

 

I like the modern-day references made by Donghae. Terrace farming and that math problem of the number of grains. It made me feel more connected to it. At times, I was waiting for Donghae to say something that I know and save the world with simple things. It made me even more excited.

 

The story is based on a Chinese bl. I haven't watched it so I don't know how much this story is inspired by it. But I have to say, it's very interesting.


 

 

 

 

I had a dream two days ago. The dream was about me and my friend, some of them I've never seen before. But suddenly, in the end, I became Lee Donghae and my friends because Super Junior members. The ending was kind of good so I decided to write a one-shot which I'll be posting this week or the next week. 

 

Before saying goodbye, I have a question - Who is your bias? Do you have only one bias? (I love Kyuhyun and Donghae so much. They both are my biases. I can't say one name.)