Bamboo Garden

My Favorite Fanfics : Super Junior

Title: Bamboo Garden

Author: VeronicaVaughn

Characters: Donghae, Eunhyuk, Super Junior

Genre: Romance, friendship

Length: 18 Chapters

Status: Completed

 

~

 

Description:

 

Quiet and studious Hyukjae breaks up with his boyfriend for the past 4 years and is forced to find a roommate when all he really wants to do is drown in his misery. Enter Donghae, an outgoing underwear model that has trouble holding onto his money. After judging each other by appearances and bad first impressions they slowly learn to accept each other for who they really are.What they end up with is a deeply rooted friendship.

 

~

 

My Thoughts:

 

This is one of the very few fanfics I read this year. I read it last month and was very impressed. They have very different personalities. Donghae is a jerk who gets drowned by his emotions. Eunhyuk is a jerk who tries to keep his emotions in check, keyword - tries. I like how their friendship grows even though they don't like each other at first.

 

 

Spoilers~

 

Since I read it recently so I remember it the most clearly.

 

If you are reading this without reading the story first then I'll be sad. If you really want to know what happened then go, subscribe, read, comment and upvote. Okay?

 

 

Poor Eunhyuk gets dumped by Sungmin even before the first chapter and is still pining after his former lover. Guess who stole Sungmin from Eunhyuk? Yep, it is Kyuhyun. (now that ensures the sailing of Kyumin ship and sinking of Kyuhae, which wasn't even a ship in the first place).

 

Leetuek makes Eunhyuk share room with Donghae. Eunhyuk is reluctant at first, because he is still waiting for Sungmin to return. If Donghae is there, there won't be any place for Sungming. That's very sad.

 

Anyways, Donghae and Eunhyuk meet for the first time when Donghae is playing basketball game with his friends. He is a hunk and Hyukjae is not. Hyukjae is still sad and sensitive because of his breakup (am I insensitive to put it that way?) and acts like a jerk to Donghae.

 

They start living together and it doesn't make much of a difference because Donghae mostly stays outside. He's an underwear model and has to work overseas too. When he is at home, he can't be seen around much and sleeps with different girls.

 

Whenever they get a chance to talk, they bicker and it's interesting to read. Hyukjae is really sassy and Donghae is as witty. The first time something big happens is when Donghae loses his bracelet. Turns out, Sungmin, who had come to pick up his things, accidently took it with him. Eunhyuk goes to retrieve it and he is broken once again after seeing Kyu. Donghae is sorry.

 

When Donghae breaks his arm, Hyukjae has to take care of him. He finds out that Donghae doesn't have any real friends. His first real friends is - Hyukjae. He gets attached to Hyukjae very fast.

 

Donghae is a little ert minded (?). So he starts getting on Hyukjae's nerves with his crude words.

 

Since Donghae is handsome with an amazing body and prances around almost in the house, Eunhyuk starts to feel the attraction. It doesn't help when Donghae keeps edging him on. His character becomes more clear when he offers himself to Eunhyuk. He is turned down though. Eunhyuk tells him how big of a deal is and Donghae can't just do it with his friends.

 

They bond. Donghae helps Eunhyuk get a makeover. And they bond more. They go to the doctor's and it's my favorite part in the whole fiction. Donghae is such a trouble. It was hilarious.

 

Feelings are growing, of course. Eunhyuk is unsure how Donghae feels. He wonders if it's just physical attraction or something more. There's a lot of and Donghae is a brat.

 

They go to… somewhere… near the sea. Probably Jeju. I don't remember. Anyways, Eunhyuk expresses his disdain (?) of Donghae's work. I think he's just jealous that someone got to touch Donghae. Donghae makes him see that what he does is still work for him in a little cruel way.

 

They get closer, in many ways. Hyukjae still 'believes' that he is in love with Sungmin so he leaves Donghae. Donghae is shocked. Back at home, Hyukjae gets stuck in the elevator and calls Donghae and confesses his love.

 

They get back together and everything is happy-happy after that.

 

It was an interesting story to read. It won't exactly call it cute. It had great characters and their development. Friendless Donghae gets a friend and Hyukjae, who was stuck in his cave gets to see the light.