+NINETEEN+

+ONE AND ONLY+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+CHAPTER NINETEEN+

Leader Lee was sitting on his office. He wasn't working at all. He wasn't able to focus anymore. Instead he was just looking at old pictures he was keeping in an album in his desk. There were pictures of him when he was a child with his parents, also his dad as a former leader of the clan. Since he was a teenager his parents especially his dad was concerning into preparing him how to be the next leader. They never asked him if that was what he wanted because it didn't matter at all. 
He picks another picture from the album. It was a picture from his wedding day, he and his ex wife. None of them was smiling at the camera. He put on his glasses and observed her expression in her picture. Saddnes. It was an arranged marriage. 

'You had to go throught this.' he says remembering the day before the wedding. She came to meet him at his home secretly and told him that she was in love with someone else, yet her parents weren't listening to her and were forcing her to ger married to him, liking his position as a mafia's leader. She asked him to opposse to this marriage so both of them could be free and to help her to run away with her lover. 

We both are going to be unhappy in this marriage. She told him and he remembers clearly.

But he didn't agree with her. Since he was young he had been thought to do what is right. And for him, at that moment, marrying her was the right thing to do. The wedding happened next day. He promised her that he will respect her and that he will be faithful to her despite of everything. And he kept his promise for the three years they were married. 

Some months after their marriage, they found out that she was pregnant. He picks another picture of them when she was holding the baby Chaerin in her arms. She was still looking sad. When Chaerin was born, he needed to take a DNA test and he did, to be sure that the baby was his. And she was his daughter indeed. 

He spotted another picture of them with Chaerin when she was only two years old. It was the last picture of the three of them together, before his wife leaving them. How it happened? One day, he came at home and she wasn't there anymore. Chaerin was with his parents. They told him that his wife asked them to babysit her for awhile because she had to go somewhere but she didn't gave them any more details. His mother told him years later that his wife looked like she was about to cry when she looked at Chaerin before leaving, but she didn't thought that it was because it was the last time she was looking at her. 

Lee found a letter on their bedroom. She told him clearly that she was running away with her lover, her true love, as she was calling him in the letter. That her life was sad with him, that she didn't love him. That she was losing herself each day passing by and she wanted to live a more cheerful life. That she wanted to get divorced but she was aware of the fact that their families won't allow it. 

He was angry that time. Really angry. He didn't want to look for her, but after a week he did because of his daughter. He was ready to forgive her and accepts her back for their daughter. But he never got to find her, and after a month he stoped looking for her.  

When Chaerin was a bit older, he told her that her mother left them. He didn't told her the details about her mother's true love and that she wasn't happy at all with them. Chaerin didn't ask either. His daughter was strong, and by the time she was grown up she accepted it. She had always been mature enough for her age. And he always was proud of her, as she was excelling at her studies and had always been a good daughter, she never gave him troubles. 

Last year he received a letter. He was surprised, he never expected it. It was from her. She was saying that she was sorry, that she was only hoping that he and Chaerin were doing fine, and that she would like to know what their daughter was doing, writting her phone number too. Lee never called her back. And he either told Chaerin anything about that. He was angry back then but now he found it selfish. It was fine that she didn't love him but didn't she love her daughter either? He thinks it was really cruel to leave a baby just like that. She left, wanting to live a life without them. So now they were living a life without her as well. 

'I'm sorry Chae. I should trust you more.' he says taking in his hand a picture of Chaerin from her graduation day from college. She was looking so happy there. 

'Sir, the Dragon is looking for you.' the man stepped inside the office. Lee got surprised that he was looking for him. He wasn't expecting it at all, and moreover now after what happened. Seeing that Lee wasn't saying anythig the man adds. 'It okay sir, we'll try to handle it.'

'No. Tell him to come in.' 

Few second after, he can see Jiyong walking inside his office. He wasn't wearing his classy black suit, instead he was wearing a pair of jeans and a light blue shirt. Jiyong walked to the chair, and sits down. 

'Hi Lee.' he says, watching him. Lee could see that he put a folder on the desk. 

'How are you?' Lee asks about his condition after the surgery. Since he talked to Chaerin at the hospital that day he didn't get to talk to her. 

'It's getting better. Still, I can't use properly my right arm, but I'll be fine.' Jiyong says and then looks the the folder in front of him. 'Anyways, I want to talk to you about some things.'

'I'm listening.' Lee says and Jiyong pushes the folder a little bit more to him. 'What is this?' he asks finally taking it.

'This is a peace document.' 

Lee frowns at hearing that. Peace? Actually he never saw peace document before because it wasn't common for the leader's of the clans to make peace. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter