+EIGHTEEN+

+ONE AND ONLY+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+CHAPTER EIGHTEEN+

Chaerin was keep walking on the hospital hall. She was doing the same way back and forth over and over again. Only two hours passed by it felt like an eternity to her already. She was crying silently, scared. She've never been so scared in her whole life. As soon as they arrived at the hospital, they inmediately brought Jiyong in for a surgery for removing the bullet. What if he won't survive? She refuses to think about this possibility. It was too painful. 

On the same hall, the Kwon Twins were there also, refusing to leave. They were scared too, they looked troubled and didn't want to think at all about their leader not surviving. 

Youngbae arrived too as soon as he found out about what happened, along with Hanbin. 

The more she was thinking about it, the more it was killing her inside. If he dies, she will die with him. Moreover because he got shoot because he was protecting her. That bullet was meant for her, not for him, and yet he took it for her. This thought made her tears fall again from her already tired and red eyes. 

Still crying she noticed that the twins approached her. And she recognized her, there were the guys who brought her the flowers at the shop before.

'Miss, if you need anything, just call us.' Young Don tells her, and his brother agrees with him. 

'Whatever happens, you can count on us for everything.' Young Deuk adds, seeing that Chaerin was nodding her head at them.

'Thank you.' she says quietly, still looking lost in her thoughts. 'Also thank you for still being here.' 

'It's the least thing we can do. Hyung helped us a lot, we will always be grateful to him.'

'You are important to him Miss, we want to make sure that you're safe.' 

Suddenly she spots her father walking to them. He was still having the serious look on his face. 

'Chaerin, we need to talk.'  

Chaerin kind of sensed what her father wanted to tell her. He knows. She knows him very well, and judging by his expression, she could be sure of that. He found out. 

'Father please, it's not the moment.' 

Ignoring her, her father gently pull her arm, walking with her out of the hall. Chaerin was too tired even to argue about anything. 

'I will not ask you what happened because I already found out. Instead, I would like to ask you how it happened?'

'What do you mean?'

'Why didn't you tell me anything? All my life I tried to protect you Chaerin. I tried to avoid you ending up with someone dangerous. And all this time you were dating the most dangerous one. I wasn't happy when they told me, I felt so disappointed with you.'

'Well we broke up. Are you happy now?' she says and her father could feel that her voice was cracking. 

'I would rather find out about this from you.'

'Would it make any difference? You don't care about my opinion at all. I was disappointed with you too, even more than that. You tried to force me to get married, without even asking me how I was feeling about that.' 

'And did you know that Kris was killed by him? This is the type of person you want to be with?'

'Oh please.' Chaerin scoffs already losing her patience, she was about to explode all this time and now she did. She exploded for real, after holding it all this hours waiting on the hall. 'Did you know that the guy you choosed for me tried to abuse me? If Jiyong wouldn't came on time I don't even want to think how would it ended.' Lee opened his eyes in surprise when hearing that. 

'He saved me that time, he saved me other times and now he saved me again. I would probably be dead right now if it wasn't for him.' 

'Why were you there in the first place?'  

Chaerin ignored her father's question as her tears started to fall once more. She can't even count how many times did she cried on one day but it didn't matter anymore.

'He told me before that he would die for me if necessary. I didn't believe him. And now he's dying for real.' Her whole body was shacking. 'I can't lose him like that.' 

'Chaerin...' her father tried to touch her shoulder but he put away.

'You don't understand anything. He never left me, I was the one leaving him.' Chaerin was talking but it was more like talking to herself. She couldn't help feeling like that, she couldn't help feeling guilty too. Still ignoring her father's gaze, she walks to the hall where she was standing before, where the others were waiting for the doctors. 

'If he doesn't make it, I will never recover from this.' she whispers to herself, slowly sitting down on one of the seats from the hall. Hanbin watches her and sits next to her, with a cup of coffee in his hand. 

'I understand exactly how you feel. This feeling is the worst. You don't know if this might be the last time. The most painful thing is that you don't know when is the last time when you got to see someone, fearing that in a second they might not be there anymore.' 

'You're right.' she whispers again listening to him. This is what she was feeling at that moment. 'It's all my fault. I wasn't supposed to go there at all. If I didn't go, anything of this would happened.'

'Don't blame yourself, Miss.' Hanbin sighs before keep talking again. 'Jiyong hyung asked me to follow you everywhere because he wanted you to be safe, he asked me to protect you if someone was trying to hurt you again. But yester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter