+TWELVE+

+ONE AND ONLY+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+CHAPTER TWELVE+

Chaerin walked into her dad's home that night after he called her, asking her to come over for dinner, but didn't say anything more than that. She expected a normal dinner that they used to have before, and hoped that her dad's health was getting better. 
She left her purse on the couch, arranging her black blouse she choosed to wear matching it with a pair of skinny jeans and brown boots. It's been few days since she arrived from California, and she couldn't been more happy about that. She was sure that she was starting to love him, she was sure about her feeling for Jiyong. And she was sure about his feelings for her too. He told her last night that he was planning another date for them for this weekend and she was excited to find out as he didn't want to give her details, telling her it's a surprise for her.

'Hi dad.' she says when her dad walked to her, giving him a hug. 

'Hi dear. I'm glad you come. How was your trip?'

'Amazing.' she just says with a smile, and her dad smiled too.

'Good to know that. Let's walk to the dinning room, we are going to have a guest.' 

'Is Bommie joining us for dinner?' she says, as they were walking to the dinning table. Her dad asked the maid to arrange it formaly, as it was going to be an important dinner for them.

'She is not. Look Chae, you understand that I'm not getting any younger and my doctor adviced me step back from my duties many times already.' 

'Is everything okay dad? Did something happen to you?' Chaerin asks clearly worried about his dad's condition.

'I'm fine now but we could never know. I need to make sure that you will be safe and the clan will be on good hands. So that's why I already took a decision.'

'What are you talking about?'

Lee exhales some air before keep talking to Chaerin who was looking confused at him.

'A man came to me asking for your hand on marriage and I accepted.' 

'What? This is a joke, right?' 

Chaerin couldn't believe that she heard. Her dad just arranged a marriage for her and expect her to be okay with it just like that?

'No, I'm not in the mood for jokes.' 

'And you think that I will be okay with marrying a guy I don't even know?' 

'You will have plenity of time to get to know each other.'

'No, that's not right. Doesn't my opinion count at all? I don't want to get married to a stranger!' Chaerin says exploding, she doesn't want to believe it. 

'How can you do that to me, dad?'

'Chaerin, you have to understand that you're my daughter and we have to keep a position.' 

'Dad, I can't get married to that guy! I'm already with someone!'

'I don't care. Just break up with whoever you are right now.' 

'I can't believe you.' she says disappointed with the situation and even if it hurts her heart, she will also disappointed with her father for doing that to her.

'You can't trap me. I'm not going to accept it.' Chaerin was about to leave when her dad's put her by her arm. 

'You're not going anywhere. You will just sit and participate to the dinner, and you will obey me because I'm your father and I know what is right for you.' 

He dad left the dinning room. She was feeling like crying now, she was aware about the arranged marriages but never imagine that she will ever be trapped into one. She is not going to obey, she will do everything she can to not get into that situation, moreover because she was with Jiyong now and she didn't want to leave him, not when she was already in love with him. 

'And this is my daughter, Chaerin.' Lee says to the man who was walking next to him, holding some flowers in his hand. He was wearing a white suit matched with a pink shirt. So bad taste, Chaerin thought for himself. Kris approached Chaerin with a smile wanting to give her the flowers but she didn't take them, only remained with her arms crossed to her chest, and with a killing  gaze on her face. Kris noticed her negative reaction, and let the flowers on the table. The two men already sitted and Chaerin had to sit too when her father gave her a stern look.

'So Chaerin, introduce yourself to Kris, please.' Lee says, and Chaerin sighs.

'You already did the introduction for me.' 

'Excuse her Kris she is a bit confused about this all situation, this is all new for her.' 

'It's alright Sir, I understand. I'm sure that things will get better in the future.' Kris says noticing how Chaerin rolled her eyes at him. 

The dinner was extremly awkward for Chaerin. She didn't like the way that guy named Kris was looking at her all the time. She wasn't talking at all and just ignored every question he was trying to ask her. She also was feeling like her opinion wasn't counting at all for them so why would she have to answer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter