Chapter 14

Be Mine, Forever (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Days have passed after Kannika and Rosé went to Switzerland, Jennie was now left alone at the mansion. Lisa had to attend an emergency meeting in Brisbane because the company was facing a problem. It was like she was just forced to and looks like she didn't want to leave her, she felt it when they made love the night before she leave. Her touch and kisses were desperate like she was afraid that she will just vanished into thin air the next day.

 

She used the opportunity to visit Jongin at the hospital. When she got inside his room she almost burst into tears because there was a huge difference from her brother's appearance few weeks since she last saw him. But she didn't want to show him any sign of weakness so she greeted him with a smile on her face.

 

"Hey, long time no see. I thought you have already forgotten about me." Jongin greeted smiling as she entered his hospital suite.

 

Jennie smiled shyly and planted a kiss on her older brother's forehead. "I'm so sorry, Oppa, a lot of things have happen. When I got sick, Lisa never let me out of the house then his Mother came and stayed for two weeks so--"

 

"You don't have to explain anything. I understand Jennie." he answered laughing. "You're a married woman, it's understandable that you can't just go out whenever you want. The truth is, I'm happy that there's someone taking care of you."

 

"Taking care?" She pouted. "She acts like a mother hen with only a one baby chick."

 

He laughed again. "I'm glad you're happy."

 

Her cheeks became red. Did she really look happy? She divert her attention to her brother's condition. "What about you? How you doing?"

 

"I'm fine." he answered still smiling. "Never better."

 

Jennie was force to agree. Jongin looks much better than the last time they saw each other. "I'm glad. Oppa, hurry up and get better so we can go out. I want to take this chance while Lisa is still not here."

 

"She's not here?" Jongin rose his eyebrows up. "Why? Where is your wife?"

 

"There was an emergency in Brisbane and they need her there." she explained.

 

"Is that so? That's sad. The last time she came here to visit me she said that the two of you will come here to visit me together."

 

She froze in her spot. "L-Lisa visited you?"

 

He gave her a peaceful smile. "She visited me more often while you were sick. She knew that I'm worried about you so she's always telling me the progress of how you are doing and getting better. I'm very grateful to her."

 

Once again she stilled, couldn't find any words to say.

 

"She's very kind. She was the one who brought me here to the hospital and made sure that I will get everything that I need." Jongin took his younger sister's hand and gave it a light squeeze. "She loves you very much."

 

Those words made Jennie feels like her heart was stab with a knife and avoided her older brother's gaze. "Really? She said that? Lisa is really... tsk."

 

"Jennie-yah?" She face her older brother because of the serious tone in his voice. "I know about the deal. Stop lying to me."

 

That made her froze. "O-Oppa, I... I'm sorry..."

 

Jongin release a sighed before he spoke. "I understand why you did that and don't worry, I'm not angry. The truth is, I'm glad, everything turned out for the best anyway. Atleast I will die knowing that whatever might happen, someone is there to take care of you and you won't be alone."

 

Those words were like heavy stones weighing in her heart. "What are you saying, Oppa? If you really know the truth then you should realize that it's impossible for Lisa to have feelings for me. She just wanted to have her revenge on you that's why she force me into marrying her. And I'm sure that it was her who told you about our arrangement to hurt you."

 

He frowned. "Jennie-yah, you're living with her, do you really think that she could do all of what you were saying?"

 

"When it suits her purpose, yes."

 

Jongin stared at her intently like he was reading something through her eyes before his frown faded and shook his head. "You're inlove with her, aren't you?"

 

"What--"

 

"Don't even try to deny it, it is written all over your face." He smiled. "Funny thing is, you're inlove with her even though you know all about the bad things in her. But she also had some good traits."

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." she still refused hardly.

 

"Jennie-yah, do you know what is the thing that I regretted the most when I learned that I have a cancer." Jennie shook her head. "I regret that I focus too much on work my whole life and didn't find a time to look for someone who will love me despite of all my imperfections. The one where I can go home and smiled at me while saying that everything would be alright whenever I have a problem.

 

Do you know that I am so glad that you found someone like that, Jennie?" He smiled at his younger sister. "Don't be scared about the feelings you have for Lisa. Grab it with both hands even though you're afraid because facing your fear is much easier than regret. Because love and the one who loves you, that only comes once in a person's life. You'll be lucky if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter