Chapter 12

Be Mine, Forever (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Kannika Omoni, how are you?"
 

Both Jennie and Rosé watched as Suzy greeted Kannika before giving her a tight hug the moment they entered the lobby of the hotel. They were invited to attend an exclusive concert just for the elite guests that's why they came. Lisa left them for a while to talk to the host and that's when they saw Suzy with the other guests.
 

"Hello, Suzy. I'm fine. How about you?" Kannika greeted the young woman calmly.
 

Jennie can't help but to shake her head. If she didn't know any better, she'd think that Suzy was stalking them or more specifically Lisa. And to make things even more embarrassing, the woman was pushing herself to her Mother in law! It was beyond shameless.
 

"You know her?" Rosé ask curiously.
 

"Do I?" she shook her head. "I know it's bad to talk behind someone's back, but that woman is really different. She's utterly obsessed with Lisa! I can sense that she wants to say it straight to my face that Lisa is hers and give her up to her."
 

That made Rosé laughed. "So there's already an confrontation."
 

"That's one of the reason why I didn't want to go to parties. I know that I will see her." she said then sighed.
 

Both turns to look at Kannika's direction who was obviously forcing herself to show some respect infront of Suzy even though she's getting annoyed with her presence already.
 

Jennie still couldn't believe that she was scared to meet Kannika specially when she saw her. The whole week that her Mother in law stayed in their house, she already got Jennie's heart. She was a lively old woman and very charming. It was unbelievable that she was related to Lisa. No wonder Naeun loves her so much.
 

And Rosé. They easily got close to each other even with the wariness between them from the start. She learned that Rosé was Kannika's goddaughter and was obligated to accompany the old woman since she treated her like a daughter. Rosé was a good person underneath the prim behavior and Kannika liked her very much. With Naeun in tow, the four of them are always together when shopping.
 

Rosé giggled when she noticed her expression. "I know exactly what you mean. How do you think she made me agree to be seen by Lisa as a potential wife? Honestly speaking, I was so relieved that you two are married. Let me tell you a secret, I'm scared of Lisa."
 

Jennie grimaced slightly. "I think I know what you mean."
 

Once again they heard the high pitch laugh of Suzy and they look at her direction again with Kannika.
 

"So the two of you have met? How was it?" Rosé inquired.
 

Jennie frowned while remembering those times. "She's like a stalker. Sometimes, when I am back facing her I can sense that she was glaring at me and I can feel that she wants to poke my eyes out."
 

Rosé laugh. "I know what you mean. When Auntie Kannika brought me here last year to meet Lisa, I swear, she almost challenge me into a fight when we bumped into each other inside the comfort room." Her face became serious. "But you have to watch your back, Jennie Unni. I'm not sure how I know but I think there's something seriously wrong with her."
 

She nodded her head and silently agree with Rosé. The both of them were feeling the same way. Even her cannot explain why, but there was something about the way Suzy looked at her that told her to watch her back.
 

"God, Kannika Omoni, I'm really so glad that you are here! How long is your stay here?" Suzy ask still laughing to the older woman. "We should go shopping some other time."
 

Kannika shook her head. "I'm sorry, Suzy, but my stay here will only be until the next week. There's a family matters I have to attend to. I'm reserving this time for my family."
 

That was when Rosé and Jennie decided to walk towards the two and the latter saw how Suzy's eyes turns cold to Kannika's answer but the smile on her face did not disappear.
 

"Is that so? Oh, so how do you like your new... daughter in law, so far?" Suzy ask after taking a glance at her direction.
 

She stilled and waited for Kannika to say something about her. She knew that it shouldn't matter to her whatever her Mother in law's opinion about her but... if Lisa's Mother doesn't like her, does that mean she has to leave Lisa? Shouldn't she be happy because of that probability? She'll be free, isn't that what she wanted?
 

If that's the case then why does it feel like she's having a trouble breathing when she thought about leaving Lisa?
 

"I think my daughter has chosen well." finally Kannika answered. "She's very pretty, smart, independent and a very loving person. She's just what my daughter needs."
 

Suzy's smile suddenly vanished. "Really, Omoni, you are so, so kind. Imagine, you just accepted the woman that Lisa married even without asking for your blessing like you didn't even matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter