Chapter 13

Be Mine, Forever (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look so deep within your thoughts, Jennie."

Jennie was startled by Kannika's greeting which disturb her thoughts. She took the chance to hide from the guests and went to the garden. Everyone is busy since today is the flight of Kannika and Rosé to Switzerland. She still couldn't get the pregnancy thing off her mind which Lisa had said to her.

"Mom." she greeted while smiling. "Are you ready? I thought you're with Rosé?"

The old woman nodded her head and walked beside her. "I'm all ready since last night. I'm just waiting for Rosie. She's scared that she might leave something here so she started packing her things again."

That made her laugh. She then realized that she will be sad when the two are gone. "Just a little bit of patience, Mom."

Kannika laugh with her. "Of course."

Her mother in law stopped laughing and looks like thinking while staring at her like she was reading right through her soul. "Is there something wrong, Mom?"

"Oh, there is none, Jennie. I just notice that this is the first time we had the chance to talk with just the two of us since I came here."

She blinked and realized that what she said was true. "You're right, Mom. Usually, Naeun and Rosé are with us or around us. And sometimes, Lisa is watching us."

The old woman nodded and sat on the nearest garden bench. "I just want to thank you for taking care of Naeun, Jennie."

Jennie answered her with a warm smile. "That's nothing, Mom. Your granddaughter is very adorable and It's not that hard to love her."

"Then what about my daughter?"

She stilled. She wasn't expecting that question and didn't quickly caught it. "Y-Yeh?"

"I just notice that these past few days you two seem to have a problem. And sometimes, I can see that whenever you stare at her you look like you don't understand her. Thankfully, you two are inlove with each other."

She blinked. This was not a subject she wanted to deal with right now, especially with her mother in law.

"Oh, come on now, Jennie." Kannika answered with a smile. "Whoever may look at the two of you, they will see just how much you mean to each other."

'Right.' screamed the part of her mind cynically. Of course, she mean something to Lisa. She was only a means to an end. And she didn't mean even a tiny bit for her and that made her to get annoyed to herself because she let herself be hurt for that.

"See, just like what you're doing right now."

Jennie stared at her mother in law in guilt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter