Chapter 9

Acquired Taste

Hello hello ~

Are you all ready for a chapter where ChanBaek are finally a couple?
I hope you'll like it, hehe ~
It's just a 'lil chapter where they are cutie pies and start to know each other better as boyfriends <3
Tell us what you think, all comments are welcome :3

See you soon ~ <3

- K.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

From the day on which Baekhyun called Chanyeol his boyfriend for the first time, it seemed like everything in his life has changed. He still attended the art academy, made assignments for his classes and hung out with his classmates after but it was different with little texts from Chanyeol, who reminded him to drink properly, as he already knew that Baekhyun couldn't really take proper care of himself while painting, or came to the academy cafeteria during his break to eat lunch with the boy. Baekhyun, having already submitted all of his designs to Mintblueish and received the whole payment had lots of free time to spare. Meanwhile, Chanyeol worked hard, staying up late to finish and correct the designs, check the end products and contact the rest of the team to stitch everything up before the deadline, so he couldn’t meet Baekhyun as often as they both wanted to, managing to come over to Baekhyun’s apartment just once in two weeks.

 

From Chanyeol: i need to stay at work late again

 

From Chanyeol: miss you

 

From Chanyeol: any plans for today?

 

From Baekhyun: oh really? i miss you too :(

 

From Baekhyun: i was hoping i could see you…

 

From Baekhyun: please take care of yourself?

 

From Baekhyun: i suppose i’ll just hang out with jongdae and we’ll watch a movie or something

 

From Chanyeol: i will! have fun!

 

From Baekhyun: see you <3

 

Baekhyun grabbed his phone a few minutes later, opening his messages app when the device chimed again.

 

From Chanyeol: wanna come over to the office to watch me work?

 

From Chanyeol: gonna be boring af but at least you’ll get an exclusive chance of watching my flat doing squats for three hours straight?

 

From Baekhyun: i’d love to see your flat do whatever if it means i can see your giant cute ears irl

 

From Chanyeol: oh god

 

From Chanyeol: just come here

 

From Baekhyun: i thought you were busy?

 

From Chanyeol: i am

 

From Chanyeol: but i want to see your average face too

 

From Baekhyun: i really want to come too but i don’t want to be a bother

 

From Baekhyun: sure i can come?

 

From Baekhyun: when?

 

Chanyeol replied within a second, making Baekhyun chuckle.

 

From Chanyeol: nooow

 

From Baekhyun: gotta take a shower first but i’ll be there soon!

 

From Chanyeol: NOW :(

 

From Chanyeol: the girls want to see you

 

From Chanyeol: maybe i do too

 

From Baekhyun: only maybe?

 

From Baekhyun: now i’m sad :(

 

From Chanyeol: baekhyun

 

From Chanyeol: don't be a kid

 

From Baekhyun: oh so i have the choice to be a kid or not?

 

Baekhyun grabbed his things quickly, putting the dinner he had made for Chanyeol an hour earlier in plastic boxes and after he was done, he sent the man one last text and rushed out to take the next bus.

 

From Baekhyun: i’ll be there in less than 15 minutes

 

From Baekhyun: wait for me

 

From Chanyeol: i am, doll

 

As he hopped on the bus, Baekhyun looked one last time at his screen, smiling happily. The bus arrived near the building about 10 minutes later and he walked for two minutes before entering the place, waving at Yixing. They chatted for a minute and he went to the elevator, pushing the 3rd floor button quickly, leaving it as fast as he could to knock on the office door.

 

"That was more than 15 minutes," Chanyeol noticed raising an eyebrow and he pulled Baekhyun into the brightly lit room. It was 9 PM but the whole team was inside, surrounded by samples, files and piles of paper. Baekhyun was instantly hit by the smell of fresh coffee, paper and the familiar scent of cologne when the white-haired man wrapped his arms around him.

 

"Hi, Baekhyun!"

 

"Are they gonna be gross now?"

 

“Well, it’s Yeol, so, obviously.” Moonbyul answered, smiling softly at the sight. Baekhyun chuckled and sneaked his arms around the man’s waist.

 

“I’m sorry, I was chatting with Yixing.” he buried his face in the man’s neck, taking in the familiar scent. He had missed him, he realized, much more than he thought. They hadn't seen each other for almost a week since that one time Chanyeol came over to their apartment just for a few hours, too tired to do more than cuddle and lazily make love to him. He fell asleep mid-sentence and left to work in the morning, having dropped Baekhyun off at the academy.

 

"Oh, were you?" the man muttered in his hair, still not letting him go. "We were waiting for you."

 

You were waiting for him,” Yongsun chuckled and Chanyeol turned his head to her, narrowing his eyes, a smile lingering on his lips.

 

"Don't say that to the baby, he's gonna be sad." Baekhyun tightened his arms and turned his head.

 

“I’m not a baby, but yeah, didn’t you miss me too, Yongsunnie?” he pouted and heard Wheein laugh.

 

"Of course you're a baby," she smiled happily. "Come here, we have a bit of work but there's a place for you," she moved several files, making place at the table and Chanyeol released him finally, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

 

"Yeah. It's just three more days, though," he sighed, walking up to a black hanger full of neatly hung clothes. "Mostly paperwork and e-mails," he gave Baekhyun a tired smile. "Wanna see the samples?"

 

“I do!” he answered happily, walking up to the hanger as well and sliding his arm around his waist. Moonbyul smirked.

 

“You know you could also not touch him, right?” she asked. Chanyeol grinned at her cheekily, passing the first item to Baekhyun. It was a black washed out denim jacket with the irregular cloud design printed along the hem and clean sleeves. The clouds were mint blue and pale pink, nicely contrasting with the dark material.

 

"Jealous, babe?"

 

“Jealous of you, yeah. I wish Baekhyun was mine, have you seen that ?” she winked, coming closer, ready to slap the boy’s asscheek. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun closer, wrapping his arm around his shoulders defensively. The boy was too busy looking at the items to even realize what was going on. Moonbyul rolled her eyes, glancing at the girls, who just giggled.

 

"What do you think?" he raised an eyebrow cockily. Of course Moonbyul knew. She was the one person that Chanyeol called to tell her what happened the day he left her apartment.

 

“It looks so cool! I would totally wear this!”

 

"Try it on," the man pecked his forehead and took a step back, helping Baekhyun get the foil off. Wheein smiled happily at them from her seat, trying to focus on her work.

 

"They're too cute and Yeol is so happy," she whispered to Yongsun, wiping off an imaginary tear off her cheek. "How did it even happen?" she sighed with a proud smile.

 

“I know, right? It was about time.” Yongsun put her chin on her hands. “I am so happy for Yeollie, honestly. He deserves this.” Wheein nodded, glancing at the couple.

 

“Are you sure it’s okay?” Baekhyun asked, putting on the jacket carefully.

 

"Depends. I trust you, so don't it up and ruin the thing, we still need that," Chanyeol smirked and took another step back, looking at Baekhyun. "Girls, look." Yongsun stood up, coming closer and making the boy turn around.

 

“Wow, Baekhyun.”

 

“I’d tap that.” Moonbyul said, putting her elbow on Yongsun’s shoulder.

 

"Your gay could never," Chanyeol scoffed, tearing his gaze apart from Baekhyun just to eye Moonbyul's hand with a smirk. "It looks perfect on you." He came up to the closet hidden in the wall and opened one of the doors with a press, motioning for the boy to come up to the mirror inside the door. "Hyejin, you think we can get him one as a gift?"

 

"We sure can, Yeollie," his boss smiled, shaking her head at him waving his hand enthusiastically.

 

“No, I couldn’t accept it!” he turned around, looking at Chanyeol who simply shrugged.

 

“Wasn’t a question for you.” The student pouted, Yongsun cooing at the sight. “So, you like it?”

 

“I love it! So much!” Baekhyun smiled brightly. “You guys did an amazing job!”

 

“You did too, it’s your painting,” Chanyeol smiled fondly, taking out another hanger with a full print t-shirt. “Remember this one?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“I-Is it?” He slid his hand on the item, biting down on his lip. “It looks… so great. I’m…”

 

“Absolutely shocked and endlessly astonished by our immeasurably impressive designing skills?” Chanyeol asked in his businesslike voice without missing a single beat. “Thanks.” He looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I’m impressed by their skills,” he pointed at the girls, “and my amazing talent. You are merely an assistant, sir.”

 

“It’s rude to point like that,” Chanyeol scolded him, changing his voice to a calm whisper that was awfully similar to the tone Baekhyun’s kindergarten teachers used on him. “Give it back to me and we’ll find you something to do, hm?”

 

“If you want it, you’re gonna have to take it.” Baekhyun answered, sticking his tongue out, playing along with Chanyeol’s little act.

 

“I’m not gonna tear clothes off of you on a family gathering,” Chanyeol tilted his head slightly, holding back a smile. “Give it back. If you’re good, I’ll give you something delicious later,” he promised, stretching out his hands. Baekhyun smiled, slowly taking off the jacket.

 

“I’ve already brought dinner though.”

 

“Are you serious or is it a joke?” Chanyeol asked casually, hanging the jacket back and arranging the clothes again, putting the foil over the two uncovered pieces.

 

“Both?” he tilted his head and the man chuckled softly.

 

“Jesus,” he heard Hyejin sigh. He blushed a little and murmured a sorry. Hyejin still was a bit too intimidating to him. “It’s okay, baby. I just haven’t seen Yeollie being that whipped in so long,” she gave him a small smile, looking back at the papers in front of her. Wheein giggled and Chanyeol just threw up his hands.

 

“I’m not… whipped,” he murmured, scratching his head sheepishly and glancing at Baekhyun. Making him nervous wasn’t easy but apparently it wasn't that big of a challenge for the girls. “Okay, I wanted to show you two more?” Baekhyun nodded, smiling softly as he watched the man. He wasn’t used to see him like this, but he loved it.

 

“Show me.”

 

Chanyeol took off a dress and overalls from the hanger, showing Baekhyun the end products with his incorporated designs. The man looked proud and he could see how exciting the job was for him despite his tiredness, visible in the dark shadow under his eyes and occasional moments of spacing out.

 

“Look, this was the one you almost cried over when I told you to redo it, remember?” the man smiled, running his fingers through his already disheveled white hair. “When we talked in the booth?” How could Baekhyun even forget that? This was the day Chanyeol had stayed over for the first time, trying to comfort him after they had kissed in the little booth. The design wasn’t the reason he felt so down though, not that Chanyeol knew about it.

 

“Yeah, I remember the one…” he murmured, his fingers gliding over the fabric. The man watched him carefully.

 

“Bad memory?” he shook his head, smiling softly.

 

“No, not at all.”

 

“Elaborate?” Chanyeol tilted his head, curious.

 

“Nothing,” he looked up, still smiling. “It’s beautiful.” The man furrowed his brows slightly, giving him a questioning look. Baekhyun kissed his cheek. “You guys really did an amazing job, I’m so impressed… I wish Jongdae could see that and could have been a part of it, he would love it so much.”

 

“He will see that, he and Minseok will get the passes for the runway show,” Chanyeol found his notepad in the mess on the big table in the middle of the room and sat down on the floor by the hanger. “And thank you. I gotta work now,” he lowered his voice to a whisper, when Baekhyun joined him. “I’m sorry. Just three more days and I’ll take you on a proper date, okay?” The boy put his hand on his forearm, caressing the skin with his thumb.

 

“It’s okay, I understand, we’ll make up for it when you have time.”

 

“What do you want to do?”

 

“Right now, or when you’ll have time?” He slid his arm around Chanyeol’s.

 

“Both?” Chanyeol nuzzled his cheek, taking a deeper breath. “You want my laptop or something? I won’t use it for another hour,” he murmured, his hand sneaking under Baekhyun’s hoodie and sliding up along his spine. The boy shivered, smiling softly.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll just work on my Art History assignment.”

 

Chanyeol hummed in response, closing his eyes and lazily kissing his neck, his hot breath tickling Baekhyun’s skin. He sat up straight after a short while, remembering about the girls still sitting in the room and sighed quietly, giving Baekhyun a long look and clicking his pen.

 

“I love this job but now I’d rather do you than this,” he muttered quietly, so only Baekhyun could hear him. The boy blushed, looking up at him, smiling a little.

 

“It can still be a possibility if you’re not too tired later, sir.”

 

“I can’t exactly guarantee that I’ll be able to stay straight or move after sleeping 20 hours in the past week doll. But I’d ing love to.” Baekhyun kissed his arm.

 

“It’s fine, I understand… I can still take care of you.” he smiled, tilted his head a little, his pretty neck in sight.

 

“I need to deal with the urgent things first,” Chanyeol whispered lowly, his gaze following the soft lines on his skin. “But as soon as I do, I’m all yours.”

 

“Works for me. I’ll be waiting for you.” he smiled, biting his lip. The man nodded and after one last kiss he finally got to work, scribbling in his notebook, checking numbers on the clothes on the hanger and writing down small lists. The office fell silent, if it wasn’t for the sound of pens and pencils on the papers, clicking of the keyboard and occasional question or a remark from someone from the team. Chanyeol bustled about, checking everything and organizing the papers, putting them in special files scattered on the floor as they already run out of the place on the table.

 

“Wasn’t joking with the squats,” he smiled at Baekhyun, crouching for the tenth time to put another set of documents in a plastic sleeve into a colored binder.

 

“I can see that, yeah. It’s an athletic job you have there.”

 

“You were supposed to support me, not mock me,” Chanyeol shook his head with an exaggeratedly disappointed expression. “Worst boyfriend of the year and we haven’t even been on a date.”

 

“I thought we had one, though?” he raised an eyebrow, smirking a little.

 

“Having is not a date, you romantically-impaired idiot.” Baekhyun chuckled and Chanyeol looked down at him pointedly, ignoring a whine from Hyejin and Wheein giggling behind his back.

 

“Well, there goes my idea of our second date.”

 

“You want a boyfriend or a boy?” Chanyeol cocked an eyebrow, sitting down to sip his long cold coffee.

 

“I only want you,” he smiled, putting his chin on his palm and looking at Chanyeol, who made a dying sound, dropping to his knees.

 

“… you’re cheesier than Moonie… I can’t… ing take it.”

 

“Hm, I know you like it, though,” he chuckled and glanced at Moonbyul giving Chanyeol the middle finger. The man smiled lopsidedly, making a face at his friend.

 

“Says who?”

 

“Says the text you sent me earlier today saying you wanted me to come ASAP ‘cause you missed me.”

 

“That wasn’t cheesy,” he grumbled, browsing one of the binders, sitting cross-legged on the floor. Baekhyun chuckled, grabbing his phone and taking a quick picture of his boyfriend.

 

“Wasn’t it?”

 

Chanyeol just shook his head, falling silent, focused on his work again. He made a small break to eat, when Baekhyun reminded him of the dinner and set up his laptop on the table, looking through pictures, editing them and taking notes. It was quiet again, until Wheein finally got up from her seat, stretching with a whine to announce that she’s going home. Soon enough, at 11PM, the whole team finished their tasks for the week and talked over the things they still needed to do before commissioning sewing the clothes to their supplier and Hyejin ordered everyone to go home and rest properly after the last few crazy days.

 

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to pack his stuff and went around the office, cleaning up the mess a little after he called them a cab.

 

“Oh, god, finally,” he sighed, laying his head on Baekhyun’s lap when they sat in the backseat together. “I kinda wanna cry but I’m too tired.” Baekhyun’s fingers slid through Chanyeol’s hair, scratching his scalp softly.

 

“You can sleep if you want to, you worked hard.”

 

"Hmm… Were you very bored?" the man closed his eyes, almost purring under Baekhyun's touch.

 

“No, it was actually really interesting watching you work like this. It was so different from what I knew? It seems really complicated though? There’s a lot to do.” his fingertips were tracing small patterns on his scalp.

 

"Yeah, there is. We're just finishing, that's why it's so crazy now," he muttered. "Maybe you'll see the runway show and that backstage, it's gonna be even crazier."

 

“Have you ever done that or is it the first time?” His fingers slid on the man’s cheek, softly caressing the warm skin.

 

"I have, it's my third year in the company already," Chanyeol yawned, settling comfortably. "It's just kinda frantic this year with all the collaboration stuff," he explained.

 

“Do you like it better though, with the collaborations and everything?”

 

"The clothes came out great and I love them. It was just my first time doing something like this, you know. And of all the nice people we've chosen you and you were so ing hard to work with…"

 

Baekhyun was about to answer when he realized that his boyfriend had fallen asleep already, his head resting softly on his thighs. He smiled at the sight, his fingers massaging the scalp for the entirety of the drive, and when they finally arrived in front of the student’s building, Baekhyun paid for the drive, slowly waking Chanyeol up, his sleepy eyes making his heart beat just a bit faster and stronger. They didn’t talk a lot in the elevator. Chanyeol seemed exhausted and Baekhyun wanted him to rest. The man thanked him for everything and they finally entered the place. It wasn’t long before they found their way to Baekhyun’s bedroom after going to the bathroom to brush their teeth. They were now lying comfortably on the bed, the only thing being different from usual was Chanyeol’s head resting on the boy’s chest instead of the other way around. Baekhyun’s fingers were moving through Chanyeol’s white locks, slowly massaging his scalp as the student was softly humming a random tune. The man made his best to stay awake but Baekhyun could see his eyes closing in the corner of his eye.

 

"You're so cute," Chanyeol muttered, turning to his side and throwing a leg across Baekhyun's thighs. He was wearing a white oversized t-shirt and a pair of boxers, his sweatpants neatly hung over the chair by the large desk in the corner of the room. He scooted closer, pulling Baekhyun into an octopus embrace, his arm wrapped around his waist. "I promise I'll be... a real boyfriend. Soon," he whispered, nuzzling into his neck.

 

“I know you will, but until then, I’ll wait and I’ll take care of you.” Baekhyun almost whispered, his fingers now on the man’s nape and he kissed the top of his head, softly. “You’re doing great and I’m proud of you.” Baekhyun added slowly. He was rarely on this side in his relationships. People tended to baby him a lot. But Baekhyun didn’t mind. All he wanted was for them to be together and for Chanyeol to be happy. Right now was a pretty good compromise of it all.

 

Chanyeol's breath soon evened out, lulling Baekhyun to sleep. He fell asleep in his embrace, feeling the warmth of his arms, calm and peaceful until his dreams took a different turn. He dreamt of the man's touch, his hands on his body, feeling the heat culminating in his loins. Baekhyun’s heart was beating crazily, his skin hot and he felt his body shiver when he finally reached , waking up a few seconds later, sweaty and contented. He heard a soft chuckle and felt Chanyeol kissing him on the lips, before he turned to reach for the tissues Baekhyun left on the nightstand. It took him a few seconds to understand what happened, and he looked at the man, his eyes still a bit unfocused.

 

“Chanyeol…” he whispered.

 

"Yeah?" Chanyeol wiped off his hand and carefully cleaned Baekhyun, helping him put on his pair of boxers back. He almost couldn't see him in the darkness of the room, his eyes still not used to the lack of light.

 

“W-What… was that?” Baekhyun asked, his hands searching for the man’s face. He had an incredible desire to kiss him right now.

 

"I don't know," Chanyeol huffed out a laugh, throwing the tissue on the small cabinet. "I woke up and we were already halfway through so... I just finished," he grinned. "I got so confused at first and stopped, and you whimpered," he murmured, kissing him softly.

 

“I did not whimper…” he murmured, his fingers caressing the soft cheek. “Thank you,” he kissed the tip of his nose. “But you’re tired…”

 

"You did and it was cute and hot as ," Chanyeol smirked. "So needy. I loved it. The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Byun."

 

“The pleasure actually was mine, Mr. Park.” He kissed him on the lips, slowly, sensually. Chanyeol hummed lazily, his tongue sliding over Baekhyun's lower lip.

 

"You'll have lots of chances to say thank you, doll," he murmured, squeezing his asscheek. "Now go to sleep, it's 3 AM."

 

“But I wanted to do something for you…” he pouted. Chanyeol laughed quietly, pulling the sheets over them.

 

"Well, if you don't wanna sleep, who am I to stop you?" Baekhyun smiled happily, lying on top of Chanyeol and looking at him.

 

“You wouldn’t even be able to stop me even if you tried.”

 

"You want me to fight you?" the man yawned, covering his mouth with his hands and settling comfortably under the boy. "Too tired right now but we can totally consider that." The boy chuckled, playing with a strand of his hair.

 

“I would like to see you try, old man.”

 

"Oh, hell yeah I will," Chanyeol raised a brow. "You wanna play the break-me game?"

 

“I definitely do,” he smirked, rubbing the tip of his nose against Chanyeol’s.

 

"Oh, ," the man sighed, "you keep giving me ideas and we barely even started."

 

“Oh, yeah? What kind of ideas?” he kissed his cheek.

 

"I feel like you know exactly what you're doing, darling, so don't make me explain it. We'll talk it through at some point," Chanyeol murmured, placing his hands on Baekhyun's hips, fingers circling the prominent bones visible under his fair skin. "So you're ready for all the up stuff I think of." Baekhyun shivered, leaning down and kissing him slowly before looking into his eyes.

 

“I can’t wait for that talk, Mr. Park.”

 

"Really?" he returned the kiss, lightly biting on his lower lip. "I just hope I won't scare you off."

 

“I’ll be fine.” He smiled, kissing him again, his tongue sliding on the man’s lip. Chanyeol pulled him closer for a longer kiss, his warm hands wandering on his back and sides, unhurriedly exploring his slender body. Baekhyun’s hips were moving against Chanyeol’s sensually grinding against the man’s crotch as his hand was making its way on his side until it reached the man’s lower stomach.

 

"I'm really not gonna stop you, doll," Chanyeol whispered in his ear and bit on it lightly, spreading his legs a bit to give Baekhyun more access. The student smirked, sliding his tongue up his jaw.

 

“What a good boy you are, Mr. Park.” He murmured in the man’s ear, his fingers finally finding his and caressing it slowly.

 

"Excuse me," Chanyeol huffed out a laugh and inhaled sharply at the touch, leaning into it immediately. "Cold ."

 

“That’s why you like me,” he added, his lips now on the man’s neck.

 

"I like you for being a , not for your ice ing cold hands," Chanyeol murmured, stuttering a little, when Baekhyun kissed the sensitive skin behind his ear.

 

“I can stop if you don’t like it?” Baekhyun’s fingers let go of him slowly, his teeth biting on the skin of his neck. Chanyeol almost whined, his nails scratching Baekhyun's back through the t-shirt.

 

"Oh, no. Come back!"

 

“So needy, aren’t we?” Baekhyun murmured sarcastically, his thumb sliding on the tip of the man’s , his mouth going back to sensually on the warm skin.

 

"Don't get used to it."

 

“Hm, why not?” he let his fingers slid around the length, slowly moving his hand up and down. “Too proud, sir?” he asked, his voice still not louder than a whisper, his warm breath hitting the now red, wet skin on Chanyeol’s neck.

 

"Are you trying to tell me that Mr. Byun Baekhyun wants to top me?"

 

“I am not trying to tell you anything, Mr. Park.” He tightened his fingers a little, moving a bit faster and looking in his eyes, their breath meddling between their lips. Chanyeol smiled, his half-lidded eyes fluttering open.

 

"That's… that's not gonna happen today, Mr. Byun. Maybe I'll let you do that later," he let out, trying to control his hitching breath, "if you earn it."

 

“You will let me?” His hand never tired, he kept moving, his eyes in Chanyeol’s and a smirk on his face.

 

"Haven't I made myself clear enough?"

 

“I don’t think that you have.” He tightened his hand, going faster. The man under him let out a muffled moan, gripping his shoulders tightly. He held his breath, his eyes momentarily shutting close. Baekhyun leaned down and his tongue slid on the shell of Chanyeol’s ear. “You should let it all go, big boy.” He heard the man huff, his nails digging into his skin.

 

"You little ," he groaned, forcing himself to tear one hand and slightly pulling on Baekhyun's wrist, just like he had done during their first time. The student chuckled, letting go of the man’s length and he looked at him.

 

“What is going on? Too much for you?” He asked with a satisfied smile, pushing Chanyeol’s hair away from his eyes.

 

"Why did you stop?" the man half opened his eyes, looking completely spaced out, rolling his hips on instinct. He grabbed his hand, pressing it to his throat, his muscles relaxing again. Baekhyun seemed a bit surprised, much like he had been when Chanyeol had first done that. He understood that it made him more excited, he just had no idea how and what he was supposed to do. He was a bit scared he could hurt him, but he figured the man knew what he was doing, and he let him push his hand a bit harder on his neck.

 

He kissed his jaw, and when he felt Chanyeol’s hips jerking, his fingers went back around the man’s , a bit tighter, moving with precision. His eyes never left the designer’s face. His expression was pure bliss and he looked even more beautiful than usual with his cheeks flushed, eyes closed, and lips parted in a voiceless moan. He held Baekhyun's hand on his throat for a short while, his breath getting ragged and hitching under the pressure. After a minute he let out a broken moan, his grip on the boy's shoulder tightening painfully as his muscles tensed and he came, warm spurts staining Baekhyun's shirt. The boy smiled, kissing the man’s cheek and watching him come down from the high, his thumb caressing his cheekbone. Baekhyun loved the sight of Chanyeol looking so calm and relaxed. It didn’t matter if he couldn’t actually understand what the man liked, because right now, Chanyeol looked happy.

 

"You're awesome," the man muttered, still completely spaced out. He was breathing steadily already, their fingers laced next to his head. He parted his lips but closed them, simply hugging Baekhyun instead. He pulled him close, placing a hand on his nape and his head gently, somehow making the boy feel so little again.

 

“I should clean you up,” Baekhyun murmured, kissing the man’s jaw. Chanyeol let out a displeased sound, hugging him closer. Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“You know you’ll regret it?” His hand found Chanyeol’s, his fingers sliding between the man’s, and he kissed his cheek, nuzzling it with the tip of his nose. There was no answer besides a calm, even breath. Baekhyun smiled softly and let him sleep, his thumb caressing the back of his hand in the first pale sun rays.

 

-*:.-*-.:*-

 

Baekhyun could have been running and trying to make it on time, but he was way too comfortable between Chanyeol’s arms, the warm skin of his neck and his slow breathing lulling him back to sleep. He supposed it was fine, missing one class, after all the ones he had already missed before. Maybe it was not a good idea, but Baekhyun couldn’t get himself to care. Only when Chanyeol finally got up and they took a shower together, Baekhyun thought he maybe should hurry a bit. Here he was now, walking through the academy’s hallways, looking for his group of friends, when he heard a low voice calling for him. He turned around to see Professor Do and he scrunched up his nose as the man was walking up to him.

 

“Good morning, Professor.” He bowed down, respectfully.

 

"Good morning," Mr. Do gave Baekhyun a stern look. "Can you please tell me why you were absent on my class, Mr. Byun?" Baekhyun looked away for a few seconds, trying to come up with a good excuse.

 

“I was… feeling… a bit sick…?”

 

"May I expect a doctor's note from you?"

 

“I… I mean… It wasn’t that bad, so I did not…” he cleared his throat. For once he wouldn’t have Jongdae to blame for this. Damn, he hated Park Chanyeol. “I mean… I figured I shouldn’t bother going to the doctor, they’re busy, you know?”

 

"Why have you bothered to come here then?" the man sighed deeply. "You can make up for it on my other class." Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“W-What?! Seriously, again?! It’s not even my fault!”

 

"Whose fault is this, then?" he raised a brow, his lips pressed in a tight line, as his phone chimed. He ignored it, looking at Baekhyun expectantly.

 

“You should ask you best friend,” he rolled his eyes, whispering to himself. “I told you, sir, I was sick.” He couldn’t lose time in another class when he already barely had enough of it to see Chanyeol.

 

"Of course. I expect to see you on my next class." The professor turned around, heading to the teacher's room.

 

From Chanyeol: did baekhyun come to the class?

 

From Kyungsoo: he did not

 

From Kyungsoo: but what’s new?

 

From Chanyeol: sorry for that 💕

 

From Chanyeol: hope he looked happy at least

 

From Kyungsoo: he actually did

 

From Kyungsoo: until i called him out

 

From Chanyeol: park chanyeol's magic fingers B)

 

From Kyungsoo: when did i ask again?

 

From Chanyeol: not sorry

 

From Chanyeol: say hi to my boy

 

From Kyungsoo: not a chance

 

From Kyungsoo: do it yourself

 

From Kyungsoo: and if your fingers really were magic then they’d make miracles and make Byun Baekhyun come to my classes.

 

From Chanyeol: maybe next time

 

From Chanyeol: they do miracles but do you wanna hear about it

 

From Chanyeol: love you, hope you won't have a trauma now

 

From Chanyeol: just like i do from seeing you

 

From Kyungsoo: i had one since the first day i met you

 

From Kyungsoo: seeing me is actually really educational.

 

From Kyungsoo: at least next time teach your ‘boy’ how to lie properly, this was a mess

 

From Kyungsoo: just like you

 

From Chanyeol: i don't need lessons from you

 

From Chanyeol: and my boy does way more fun things with that pretty mouth of his

 

From Kyungsoo: and i still don’t wanna know how my student gets laid or , thank you very much

 

From Chanyeol: :) :) :)

 

From Kyungsoo: i definitely wish you were dead

 

From Chanyeol: i came back once, it's enough

 

From Kyungsoo: you never cease to amuse me.

 

From Kyungsoo: all i’m saying, park, is that your boyfriend should take this more seriously and i thought you’d help, but instead you’re ing him and making him miss my class, you’re actually the worst friend ever

 

From Chanyeol: let me finish the project and i promise i'll take my time babysitting

 

From Kyungsoo: perfect, we’ll do that then.

 

 

-*:.-*-.:*-

 

Baekhyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket while he was in his Art History class, Professor Lee ranting about some old man and half of the class falling asleep on their table. He pulled out the device and smiled when he saw the name of the sender displayed on the screen.

 

From Chanyeol: a little birdie told me a certain professor isn't happy with you

 

From Baekhyun: a very little bird, i’m pretty sure

 

From Chanyeol: never tell him that

 

From Chanyeol: next time tell me earlier, i'll wake you up

 

From Baekhyun: he’s gotta accept his height, that’s sad that he doesn’t.

 

From Baekhyun: not gonna happen but thank you

 

From Chanyeol: why that's stupid

 

From Baekhyun: what’s stupid is having to leave your earlier when we already barely have time to be together

 

From Chanyeol: but now you have to make up for it

 

From Chanyeol: just two days

 

From Chanyeol: i'm gonna take you on a date, buy you dinner and ask about your favorite color

 

From Baekhyun: is my favorite color relevant to decide if you wanna go further with me?

 

From Chanyeol: what did you expect of a gay fashion designer?

 

From Chanyeol: i just wanna get to know your other inside

 

From Baekhyun: true, should have known that

 

 

Baekhyun chuckled as he read the second text.

 

 

From Baekhyun: should i let you dig deep?

 

From Chanyeol: you've already done that

 

From Baekhyun: sure you could go deeper

 

From Baekhyun: what kind of date is it gonna be?

 

From Baekhyun: fancy or comfortable?

 

From Chanyeol: i opt for comfortable but i may agree to fancy since i look amazing in suits

 

From Baekhyun: you also look amazing , so, you know.

 

From Baekhyun: my does look great in suits too.

 

From Chanyeol: i know

 

From Chanyeol: that doesn't go with your warpaint though

 

From Baekhyun: i know it may seem unbelievable, but i know how to clean myself up

 

From Baekhyun: it’s just a fashion statement

 

From Chanyeol: the mess from today's morning speaks against you

 

From Baekhyun: the mess from this morning was all your fault

 

From Chanyeol: i don't remember making you do that

 

From Baekhyun: you , park chanyeol

 

From Chanyeol: and i'm great at it, mr byun

 

From Baekhyun: so you say :)

 

From Chanyeol: you literally screamed last time, remember?

 

From Chanyeol: any break today? send me your schedule :(

 

From Baekhyun: i scream all the time

 

From Baekhyun: i’ll send it by email. i have an hour free at 3pm.

 

From Chanyeol: cool

 

From Chanyeol: i may come by for a coffee or a quick memory refreshing session

 

From Baekhyun: thought you were too busy?

 

From Baekhyun: i’ll be at the library, if it’s waking up any sudden desire in you.

 

From Chanyeol: i am, i'll just stay a bit longer at work if i have to

 

From Chanyeol: a y librarian in a pair of thin glasses giving me looks from above his book sounds kinda cute

 

From Baekhyun: don’t do stupid things for me

 

From Baekhyun: is it a fantasy or a memory?

 

From Chanyeol: stop me

 

From Chanyeol: guess that one

 

From Baekhyun: my glasses and i would rather not

 

From Baekhyun: we’ll be waiting for you though

 

From Baekhyun: working seriously on my assignment

 

From Baekhyun: “in what name does Park Chanyeol’s feel so good?”

 

From Baekhyun: gotta find lots of info to write this essay.

 

From Chanyeol: i'll come for the glasses

 

From Chanyeol: two days and i'll give you so much info you won't be able to sit down and write it

 

From Baekhyun: will i be able to walk?

 

From Chanyeol: let's make you not

 

From Baekhyun: let’s.

 

From Baekhyun: you think you can really come though?

 

From Baekhyun: we haven’t seen each other that much this morning :(

 

From Chanyeol: missing me?

 

From Chanyeol: yes, i'll be there 3 pm sharp :)

 

From Baekhyun: only missing your cute ears, not your personality

 

From Baekhyun: i’ll be waiting for you <3

 

From Chanyeol: do you wanna make me hate them again

 

From Chanyeol: you gotta throw me the y look though or i'm not picking you up

 

From Baekhyun: don’t hate them, they’re adorable, i’m in love with them.

 

From Baekhyun: well, if that’s the condition, i guess i have no choice

 

From Chanyeol: what a good boy

 

From Baekhyun: much like you last night

 

From Chanyeol: i was serious though, don't get used to it

 

From Baekhyun: i honestly can’t wait to hear all you have to tell me

 

From Chanyeol: not a first date talk, babe

 

From Baekhyun: what about the second date?

 

"Mr. Byun?” Professor Lee asked in his monotonous voice, raising his tired gaze from his notes and, looking straight at him. "Can you please stop using your phone in class?" Baekhyun scrunched up his nose.

 

“Sorry,” he muttered, and hid the phone until Mr. Lee was back to looking at the papers in front of him. His took out the phone again, hiding it under the table.

 

From Chanyeol: so impatient

 

From Chanyeol: i want to ask about your favorite animal first :(

 

From Baekhyun: this one is easy ~

 

From Baekhyun: i’ll ask you if you’re more of a dog or a cat person

 

From Baekhyun: the teacher just scolded me :(

 

From Chanyeol: dog!!! person

 

From Chanyeol: don't text in class

 

The next message was a picture of a small black poodle sitting on a couch with a bright pink ball between its teeth, a light blue collar on its neck.

 

From Chanyeol: you gotta meet toben someday

 

From Baekhyun: no

 

From Baekhyun: omg! SO ADORABLE !!!!

 

From Baekhyun: i didn’t know you had a dog?

 

From Baekhyun: i’m in love, look at that face!

 

From Chanyeol: you didn't ask

 

From Chanyeol: looking at it everyday

 

From Chanyeol: love of my life

 

From Baekhyun: yeah i guess i didn’t

 

From Baekhyun: understandable.

 

From Baekhyun: how old is he?

 

From Chanyeol: 3, he's a baby just like you

 

From Chanyeol: you'll get along

 

From Chanyeol: don't text in class

 

From Baekhyun: if i’m a baby, what does that make you, old man?

 

From Baekhyun: i hope we will!

 

From Baekhyun: watch me not listen to you.

 

From Chanyeol: a well-functioning adult in his twenties

 

From Chanyeol: you're gonna get minus points and for what

 

From Baekhyun: an adult who’s dating a baby, huh?

 

From Chanyeol: at least you're legal on paper, kid

 

From Baekhyun: for you. and mr lee rarely gives minus points, he’s a nice guy, unlike SOMEONE.

 

From Baekhyun: you’re just jealous ‘cause you’re old and wrinkly

 

From Chanyeol: i'm not and we both know that

 

From Chanyeol: don't hate on soo, he's doing his job

 

From Chanyeol: don't text in class

 

From Baekhyun: do we though?

 

From Baekhyun: he’s doing his job, and he hates me

 

From Baekhyun: don’t text at work

 

From Chanyeol: he actually really likes you

 

From Chanyeol: i had a mini break, had to wait for sun to send me some stuff

 

From Baekhyun: yeah right

 

From Baekhyun: you know it would have been a perfect love story between professor do and i

 

From Baekhyun: i was like super super excited to meet him because i’m completely in love with his work

 

From Baekhyun: but it went wrong from the very first day because of Jongdae

 

From Baekhyun: we were supposed to fall in love and paint together and make love on a big sheet with our bodies covered in paint

 

From Baekhyun: it could have been perfect

 

From Baekhyun: i’m glad to hear you’re at least resting a little bit

 

From Chanyeol: i don't know how making love on the hard floor with just a piece of cloth under your seems appealing but okay

 

From Baekhyun: that was my dream when i was 15, who asked for your opinion, mr park?

 

From Baekhyun: i thought it was a free judgment zone?

 

From Baekhyun: go eat something too.

 

From Chanyeol: it is, i'm just saying

 

From Chanyeol: nah

 

From Baekhyun: you’re just jealous because this was the dream i had with professor do.

 

From Baekhyun: wtf

 

From Baekhyun: go eat something! you did not even eat breakfast this morning!

 

From Chanyeol: how can i be jealous of you if i still don't know your first pet's name

 

From Chanyeol: okay i will mom

 

From Baekhyun: his name was bob, and i wanted to call him sponge and my mom refused and i was sad for a week.

 

From Baekhyun: i feel like you’re lying. i need proof.

 

From Chanyeol: what animal was that

 

From Baekhyun: a bunny

 

From Chanyeol: BOB

 

From Chanyeol: need to go back to work, babe

 

From Chanyeol: see you in 3 hours!!!

 

From Baekhyun: bob, indeed.

 

From Baekhyun: YOU BETTER EAT SOMETHING

 

From Baekhyun: see you later! take care of yourself <3

 

 

"He sent me a heart," Chanyeol rested his head on Moonbyul's shoulder. The office was empty apart from the pair, who sat next to each other with their laptops open, making the last corrections before sending the technical details to their supplier.

 

“Yes, babe, he always does.” she chuckled and gently patted his cheek.

 

"It's like the third or something, that's not always," he smiled, pecking her hand. "Cute."

 

“You’re honestly so whipped.” She turned her head to look at him. “I love you.”

 

"I love you too," Chanyeol purred, straightening in his seat and stretching lazily, his joins cracking with an unpleasant sound. "I'm… He's just so cute and funny. I can't wait to actually get to know him more," he sighed, a small smile on his lips. Moonbyul looked at him softly. Chanyeol had always been a happy man, but he definitely looked different now that he was with Baekhyun.

 

“And when will that be?”

 

"In two days when we finish this ," he closed his eyes for a second and opened them wide, taking a sip of his already cold coffee. "Can't wait. I totally want to learn some stuff. We're theoretically together for almost three weeks but we spent maybe like three days with each other? And a few coffee breaks or rides home," Chanyeol muttered, his eyes on the laptop screen where he was organizing several files, ticking off items on his way too long to-do list.

 

“Yeah, I realize it was the worst time to start dating anyone.” she murmured and looked at him. “Well, the good thing is that we’re almost done, that he did not run away, even if you guys can’t see each other, and that apparently he still likes your after all this time.” she chuckled. “Where are you gonna take him anyway?”

 

"I know, right? I wasn't sure if he was even going to stay and wait. I haven't had the time to actually think about this, to be honest," Chanyeol rolled his eyes, biting down on his nail. Moonbyul pushed his hand away. "Right now, I'm so ing tired I'd love to just order takeout and lie in bed. But I'm probably gonna take him out for some dinner and maybe we'll just go for a walk and talk? We could go to the park, it's pretty at night," he rubbed his face with both hands, his shoulders slumping. "I don't know, I just wanna sleep forever. I need to take pills again to fall asleep properly, did I tell you?" Moonbyul looked at him, a bit worried. They were all exhausted, but Chanyeol was overworking himself. She slid her hand on his back and caressed it softly.

 

“You did not," she shook her head a little. “You need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Is it only work or is there something else?” She tilted her head a little, observing his face. Chanyeol simply shrugged, tearing his gaze away from the computer to look at his friend.

 

"Just work. And I was a bit stressed about Baekhyun and you know that. And… he's seen me so I kinda… was thinking… about stuff," he finished in a murmur. Moonbyul took his hands, caressing them with her thumbs and looking at him softly. She knew how hard it was for him, she had seen it, every time he had to explain why the scar was there and how it happened.

 

“Chanyeol, you need to understand that you don’t have to tell him anything if you’re not ready to talk about it. And he has to understand that.” she offered him a small smile. “You have every right to keep it to yourself for the time being, and, of course, you’ll have to tell him one day, but only when you feel comfortable enough to do it.”

 

"I know, I just… it's been seven years and three years of ing therapy and I thought I was over it already," he groaned, clenching his fists in frustration. "Yet I'm still having nightmares every time I think about it too much."

 

“I know, it’s frustrating because it’s been such a long time, and you feel like you’re doing okay and suddenly you have nightmares again, but it’s gonna be fine, Chanyeol. Eventually it will all just be gone. And you know you tend to have more nightmares when you’re stressed out, so you can always come to me if you feel this way? You know that, right?” she asked, slowly putting her hand on his cheek. “I’m not exactly the best with words, but I can still try to change your mood and make you laugh.”

 

"It's okay, baby. Thank you, you're the best and you're right," the man sighed, wrapping his arms around her, his cheek pressed to her shoulder. "I love you. You wanna hear my advice for you too?"

 

“Hm, I don’t know, do I?” her fingers were on the man’s nape, caressing his warm skin.

 

"Confess to Yongsun," he chuckled, quickly hugging Moonbyul tighter so she couldn't run away from him like she usually did when he picked up the subject. She scrunched up her nose, still trying to push him away.

 

“You ," she murmured and Chanyeol hummed happily in response, not letting the girl go. “Also, you should definitely take Baekhyun to the Green Leaf Restaurant, that’s where I’m taking Yongsun for our first date in like a million years.”

 

"Oh, I forgot about this place! You're right, I'm gonna get a table," the man kissed her temple, burying his face in her neck. He was way too tall and his limbs too long to comfortably settle in the thin girl's embrace. “And confess to Sunnie so we can do double dates and be not single together."

 

“I would never in my life go on double dates, believe me.”

 

"Of course we would."

 

“You wish.”

 

"I know it, it would be so cute!" Chanyeol whined. "We could go to the movies together… and ice cream…"

 

“Why would we do that together when you can do it all alone with your boyfriend?” she shook her head. “Is your boyfriend the kind of guy to kiss you in public? You’d be sad if he didn’t want just because I was there.”

 

"I'm… not sure? We haven't been in public together yet. I told you I almost don't know him."

 

“Well, take him to that restaurant first, and then you can talk about double dates. With Kyungsoo and Jongin. Not me.”

 

"But I wanna go with you and watch you being cute with your adorable girlfriend!"

 

“Since when have you got a girlfriend?” Yongsun asked as she walked in, tilting her head a little at their position. Moonbyul looked at Chanyeol, pinching his hip.

 

“I don’t, he’s just stupid, don’t listen to him.”

 

"Yeah, she doesn't. But she wants to," Chanyeol grinned, forcing himself to sit up and freeing Moonbyul from his weight. She punched him in the arm and he stuck out his tongue in response.

 

“Really?” Yongsun asked, sitting down and facing them. “Someone on mind?” she gave her a small smile.

 

“Shouldn’t we go back to work?” Moonbyul said, turning towards her computer.

 

"Yeah, she's just too shy to ask her out," the man got up to kiss Yongsun on the cheek as a greeting and went to the corner of the room to turn the coffee machine on. "We're running out of coffee again."

 

“Wheein went to get some,” Yongsun said, glancing at Moonbyul and giving her a thumbs up as an encouragement for her to confess. Chanyeol was smiling from ear to ear, not even trying to hide his smile, taking out three mugs from the white cabinet.

 

"That's great!" Yongsun chuckled.

 

“Yeah. And we’re almost done so that’s even better!”

 

"Yay," Chanyeol cheered tiredly, barely moving his hand. "I'm so tired it doesn't even make me happy anymore. What would make me happy though, is Moonbyul confessing to her crush and going on a double date with me," he said slowly, looking pointedly at his friend, trying to hide her blush behind her long blonde hair.

 

“Would you please shut the up?” she murmured.

 

“Double date? So cute!” Yongsun said, smiling brightly, and she turned to Moonbyul again. “I’m sure she’d love hearing you confess to her, you’re amazing, Moonie!” Moonbyul put her hands on her face, mumbling a thank you.

 

"I know, right?" Chanyeol passed her a mug, quickly coming back with two others. He placed a colorful mug with streaming hot coffee in front of Moonbyul, pecking the tip of her head. She pushed him away and grabbed the mug, sipping from it instantly.

 

“Do you know who’s her crush, Yeollie?”

 

"Of course I do," he winked to Yongsun, sitting down by the table and checking his watch. "I'm going for a break before 3 PM, so I'll be going in two hours. Sunnie, will you help Byul finish the materials for the graphics? I'll stay later."

 

“Yeah, of course I’d love to help her!” she smiled happily.

 

"Great! Thank you, babe," Chanyeol returned the smile, lightly kicking Moonbyul under the table. She threw him a dark glance, kicking him back, and went back to look at her screen. The man chuckled under his breath, focusing on his computer as well. "Hope you have fun," he added in a whisper.

 

-*:.-*-.:*-

 

Baekhyun was reading a really boring piece on renaissance paintings, his glasses falling from his nose, and his hair a mess from running his fingers in it too many times. He didn’t understand why he had to study this, it’s not like it was helping with his art in any way. He sighed again, letting his head fall on the book opened in front of him. He wished he could go already.

 

Before he could close his eyes, he heard quick footsteps and a moment later Chanyeol appeared in his sight and crouched to look him in the eyes.

 

"Hi, Baekhyun." the student looked at him, whining.

 

“My life .”

 

"At least you look able," Chanyeol smirked, covering his hand with his own.

 

“Nothing new.” he lifted his head and smiled softly. “Hi.”

 

"Hi," the man stood up and bent down to give him a soft kiss. Baekhyun’s hand found the man’s cheek and he smiled against his lips. "Want to get lunch with me?"

 

“You bet I do.” he stood up quickly, grabbing his stuff and closing the book without even looking at the page. “What do you wanna eat?”

 

"You?" Chanyeol quirked a brow, squeezing his hip lightly.

 

“Who doesn’t?” Baekhyun murmured, stepping closer and kissing his cheek.

 

"Bold," the man snorted, rolling his eyes. "How was your day?"

 

“It . I hate Art History. The only good thing about this class is that I can use my phone ‘cause the teacher is almost blind,” he whined and rested his head against the man’s chest. “What about you?”

 

"Surprise, surprise, I'm ing tired," he smiled lopsidedly, leading the boy in the direction of the academy's cafeteria.

 

“You should use your break to take a nap. Well, eat and take a nap.” he followed the man, his backpack on one shoulder and his free hand finding Chanyeol’s.

 

"I don't have time for naps," the man laced his fingers with his, rubbing his face with his free hand. He looked pale, the dark shadows below his eyes even more visible against the fair skin and unhealthy pink tint of his cheeks. Baekhyun was worried.

 

“If you have time to come and see me, you have time to sleep. You should use it, or else you’re gonna collapse.”

 

"But I'd rather see you than sleep. I'm not sleeping anyway, so half an hour doesn't make much difference," he explained in a monotonous voice. "We're almost finishing anyway."

 

“I’d rather you stay alive than you see me.” he looked up at him. “I forbid you to take me on a date if you don’t sleep for at least twelve hours straight before.”

 

"Oh, come on," the man rolled his eyes at Baekhyun, squeezing his hand. The student could see people in the corridor looking at them. He did not really care about it; he was a bit worried Chanyeol would.

 

“Not a chance, Mr. Park.” Baekhyun squeezed his hand back. “You can sleep at my place though, for more than twelve hours.”

 

"Your bed is uncomfortable," the man pointed out, making a face. "But I'm afraid I don't have any easels for you to play with at my place."

 

“I don’t even know where you live,” Baekhyun said, “my bed is not uncomfortable, you’re a giant. Also, I don’t need anything else than a piece of paper and a pen.”

 

"I'm not a giant, your bed is short because you're a midget," Chanyeol shrugged, sitting down by one of the small round tables in the cafeteria and turning around to look at the menu written down on the chalkboard above the wooden bar decorated with chrome-plated elements.

 

“I’m not a midget, you abnormally big idiot.” Baekhyun put his backpack down, careful with it for once.

 

"You're tiny," Chanyeol kissed the tip of his nose, pinching his cheek. "What do you want to eat? It's on me." Baekhyun scrunched up his nose.

 

“The less expensive one.” he smiled and kissed the man’s cheek.

 

"Don't be stupid. If you don't choose, I'm doing it for you."

 

“I did choose.” He took off his jacket and Chanyeol draped his coat on the chair. “What do you want?”

 

"I'll go," he smiled, fishing out his wallet and lightly pressing on Baekhyun's shoulders to make him sit down and walking up to the counter. The boy watched him cross the room in a few long strides, several heads turning around following the man. He was back soon, plopping down on his chair, passing Baekhyun a coffee cup. The boy thanked him with a smile.

 

"So why is your life hell this time?"

 

“Because class is boring as ,” he sighed, “I’m not here to learn about old painters who are dead, I wanna draw, paint and create.” He pouted and Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

 

"But you have to learn that so you're painting and creating consciously referencing the styles. I did the same at my school," he shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee.

 

“Yeah, Jongdae has to do it to, but it’s so boriiiiing,” Baekhyun threw his head back dramatically and Chanyeol tilted his head with a fond smile, watching him with a curious glimpse in his eyes.

 

"But you love painting. Isn't it fun to learn all the stuff and try it yourself?"

 

“Noooo, I just wanna try new techniques and don’t write any essays."

 

"It helps understand the meanings though and learn about the culture. I wrote a load of essays too. You learn about everything and can pick the bits for you later. That's what you're here for, aren't you?" the man asked, turning his paper cup in his hands. He looked in Baekhyun's eyes, paying attention to his words but at the same time he seemed a little unfocused, his fingers fidgety, leg bouncing under the table. Far from the cool and collected Park Chanyeol that Baekhyun introduced himself to almost seven months ago.

 

“I’m here because I love learning new things to be able to use them, not to learn about things that I already know, does it make sense?” He asked, putting his hand on Chanyeol’s.

 

"It does but how much do you know about…" he mused, glancing at their hands. "What was it, renaissance paintings?"

 

“Not much, honestly.” he looked at him. “Are you okay?”

 

"Yeah, I'm cool," the man nodded, giving him a tired smile. He lifted his head when the waitress called out their number and rose from his seat to take their plates. "So, not much and that's why you need to write essays on it," he pointed out as soon as he came back and almost immediately started eating.

 

“Still boring, though,” he answered, and started eating too, looking at Chanyeol.

 

"It may be. Just don't treat it as a responsibility, it can actually be cool. Much like history of fashion."

 

“History is boring,” he looked at his plate and back at Chanyeol, who rose his fairly innocent gaze to the ceiling. “Hm… not what I asked for”

 

"Maybe." Baekhyun chuckled and kissed his cheek.

 

“Thank you, sir.”

 

"My pleasure, Mr. Byun." he smiled softly. They ate in peace, Chanyeol asking Baekhyun questions about his classes and telling him stories about his own time in university, trying his best to motivate him despite his very unmotivated voice and expression. He glanced at his watch from time to time, attempting to be as subtle as he possibly could about it, until their time was up and they had to part their ways. He walked Baekhyun to his class, holding his hand tightly and hugged him a moment too long, releasing the boy from his embrace only when he saw Kyungsoo opening the classroom door and giving him a look above Baekhyun's shoulder.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so in love with domestic ChanBaek, it's gonna be my downfall.

- K.