EPILOGUE

Acquired Taste

Hello everyone ~

I hope everything is going well for you.

I wondered if it was even the time to post with all that's happening. There are many many things which deserve the attention other than a fanfiction. The world is on fire, and it's time to act. But I figured we also all needed some time for ourselves. A bit of time to calm our nerves and breathe in the middle of the chaos.

I sincerely hope everything is okay for every single one of you. If you need help, reach out. If you need to talk, I'm right here for you as well.

You can make a change.

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-jacob-frey-justice-for-george-floyd?use_react=false

 

https://moreblminfo.carrd.co/?fbclid=IwAR0rl6RcVlm2BbE9gFyxnde6WnOh56tAtvZUEUbZwW9t8r_tUHkXQubfyw4

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgLa25fDHM&list=PLtooIklzheqzORPbQBiEZKsw2T4s6SUxv&index=2&t=0s

 

AS IT COMES TO THE STORY:

This is incredible how fast we got here. I can't believe it's already the end.

Writing this story was so damn fun and I was so damn happy to see all of you react to it in such a positive way.

We got such nice comments and it made our days, every single time. The journey is done, and I can't promise we'll get back on the train one more time. We do have a few ideas, and if I'm all up to write them, this is not only up to me. (I may have a hard time letting them babies go.)

You have been wonderful and all so supportive and it's been such a pleasure to find you back here every Thursday.

I want to thank you for that. For your support, be it silent or not.

I want to thank you for your kind words, and for the time you took to read those chapters.

Thank you for watching Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship grow to that point. For sharing with them the ups and downs and for cheering with them when they were happy.

This has been one hell of a journey. I'm in love with this.

 

I'd like to thank Minty for doing this with me.

I know this wasn't planned. Hell, it all just started with me being bored in one of my lectures and you sending me pictures of ChanBaek for me to give you prompts. Really, this definitely wasn't planned. But damn, it changed my daily life for the better, and I'm so happy I shared that with you. There's no one else I would have wanted to do that with. You are an amazing human being, you are funny and intelligent, and I ing love you, to death.

 

To all of you who are reading this, thank you for staying with us to that point. Thank you for everything you gave us.

I love you all, and I hope you're all doing well.

ChanBaek loves you too ;)

 

We're far from done with the ChanBaek, so wait for us, we have more stories to give you ~ <3

To have some updates on when we'll post, you can follow us on Twitter :

@pcyeolinchokers (Minty)

@InsanePlume (Me)

Or Instagram if you'd like to know me more @Dreamscape.__

Always happy to make new friends <3

I also am currently writing a ChanBaek/Kaisoo/XiuChen SNS AU, so check it out if you're interested :)

LOVE YOU ALL <33

- K.

 

hi guys!! we're back here for the last time to present to you the e p i l o g u e. thank you for sticking to the story and giving it so much love - it's my debut and only the second story me and k. wrote together (the first one was and will never see the daylight) so we're more than happy that you liked it so much!!

we both read every and each comment and i may have cried more than once because of all the nice things you guys wrote. AT was never really meant to be posted so i was shocked to see that you liked the story we wrote for fun this much!! i wonder what happens when we actually treat our writing seriously...? 😎

k. - i told you a million times already but you're the light of my life and my favourite person on earth. writing with you was a journey and i hope we can do it again soon, as soon as i finally get a grip and sort my life out a little!! can't wait to write a Dumb!Chanyeol again 😀

anyway, thank you and enjoy - if you have any questions, ask away on twitter or here in the comments, we'll stick around for a little

- Minty.


 

 

From Yeollie: ARE YOU HOME I HAVE A SURPRISE

 

From Yeollie: also i'm in the store, you want something? i can make your every wish come true if you make it within the next three minutes

 

From Hyun: what’s the surprise? if it’s not a cat i don’t want it

 

From Hyun: we’re out of cookies. someone ate them all last night………. probably you when you were sleepwalking :))

 

From Yeollie: it is not but you'll get it anyway

 

From Yeollie: i don't sleepwalk you sneaky

 

From Yeollie: got your favorites

 

From Hyun: well i’m disappointed but not surprised

 

From Hyun: i’ll see if you deserve a big thank you then

 

From Hyun: can’t be me so it’s obviously you ~

 

From Hyun: you’re my favorite snack.

 

From Hyun: ugh cheesy i take it back

 

From Yeollie: if you think i don't know that you wake up at 2 am to paint and eat then you're wrong

 

From Yeollie: toben wakes me up every time because he wants snacks too

 

From Hyun: i literally never do that, your puppy is a hungry beast that’s all

 

From Yeollie: apparently both my puppies are

 

From Yeollie: you're my favorite snack too

 

From Yeollie: be there in 20 minutes. make me a coffee?

 

From Hyun: fine, but only because i love you.

 

From Yeollie: nice to know you're so happy to please me, doll

 

Baekhyun chuckled, not taking the time to answer, and just pushing his phone deep inside the back pocket of his old jeans. They should have been thrown in the trash a long time ago already and Chanyeol tried to do that when the painter moved in but Baekhyun easily won with a kiss, a , and a proud smile. Thus, here he was, standing in his ugly worn out jeans, stained with paint and almost falling from his hips, a thin brush between his fingers and the usual stains on his face, a red line going from his cheek to his jaw, a deep purple just above his eyebrow, and his favorite navy blue on his neck where he scratched his skin a moment ago. He contemplated his canvas for a few seconds, his feet tapping against the floor in rhythm with the music coming from the kitchen where he had let his computer open on the counter. He frowned a little, taking a step closer and he finally dipped the tip of his brush in a dark burgundy color on his palette to add another curvy line on the canvas. Once he was done with it, he gave a careful look to the two mugs on the side and grabbed his tea, putting his palette and brush down and walking to the kitchen, followed by a happy small ball of fur jumping on his legs when he grabbed a snack for him. He poured Chanyeol a hot coffee before going back to his painting, his tea forgotten once again and his brain only focusing on the drawing taking life in front of him. The peaceful silence was soon broken by the creak of the main door and the happy shout of the most noisily excited person he had ever met in his short life.

 

"Hyun!!" Baekhyun hummed, not taking his eyes off the painting, his steady hand adding color to a glimmering eye on the canvas. "Baekhyun!" Chanyeol dropped the bags in the corridor and stood behind the boy, impatiently waiting for him to finish what he was doing. He had learnt not to disturb him during work the hard way, having been attacked with a brush one time too many, so now he just stood right behind Baekhyun, his warm breath tickling his neck and hands hovering over his hips, fingers itching to touch the boy. "It's important," he whispered almost inaudibly, ready to dodge the brush. Baekhyun nodded, adding one last touch of color, and humming to himself once he was satisfied with his work. He put the brush down in his paint-water, the palette on the side and he grabbed an old piece of fabric to swipe his hands with.

 

“What is it?” he asked, turning around, and smiling softly at his boyfriend. Chanyeol hugged him tight right away, letting him go just to kiss him.

 

"Your surprise. I mean, it's for me but maybe also for you?" Baekhyun chuckled, his fingers pushing one of Chanyeol’s red locks away from his face.

 

“What? Is there something new you wanna try?”

 

"Why do you always think it's ?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes, a small smile curving up the corners of his lips. "It's not that. I mean, I was thinking about some stuff but…"

 

“Of course you were,” the boy answered, pinching Chanyeol’s cheek with an amused smile. The man scrunched up his nose, taking his hand to sit him down on the couch and settling next to him.

 

"I'll tell you about that later. Maybe you wanna do something new on the anniversary? It's our second, in a week," Chanyeol mused and cleared his throat. "Okay. So, when you were at your parents' for the weekend… I did something." Baekhyun frowned, tilting his head a little.

 

“What did you do?” he asked, his hand still between Chanyeol’s fingers. Chanyeol smiled excitedly, almost jumping in his seat.

 

"I got a tattoo!" he let out happily, his glimmering eyes crinkling as he beamed even more, Baekhyun’s eyes widened a little. "You want me to do the suspense thing or just see it already?!"

 

“What? Of course I wanna see it now!” he said excitedly, “I didn’t even know you wanted a tattoo?! Show me!” he asked, a bright smile on his face and clapping his hands with joy. Chanyeol jumped off the couch, quickly taking off his jacket and giving Baekhyun a wide smile when he caught the hem of his t-shirt between his fingers.

 

"Ready?" he took off the top in one smooth motion, kneeling before Baekhyun to let the boy see the tattoo up close. Baekhyun blinked a few times, having a hard time realizing Chanyeol was actually shirtless in front of him in the middle of their living room. His eyes went from the broad shoulders to the chest, falling on the delicate lines decorating the skin gracefully, flowers hiding the scar by their beauty. He frowned, parting his lips to say something but closing them again, not sure if he was actually seeing this. "You painted it, remember? I asked my friend to make a design based on the painting you made. He took off the last plastic wrap today" Chanyeol explained, his voice getting quieter with each word as he watched Baekhyun's shocked expression. "Are you… Is that… okay?"

 

“I… I thought you… I thought you hated it?” Baekhyun’s eyes wouldn’t leave the flowers, still in shock. He hesitated for a few seconds, knowing how badly Chanyeol hated when he touched him there, but he did it anyway, his fingertips sliding on his chest, not yet touching the black lines. “You got mad and…”

 

"Yeah, I… I know. I know you were really hurt, and I got so angry at you that day but… I took some pictures then. I found them recently, thought about it and decided that if there's anything that could help me besides all these years of therapy… it's this," Chanyeol looked down at the tattoo, the flowers gathered by the band-aid nicely hiding the now barely visible pale line on his chest. "Do you… Do you like it?"

 

“Y-Yeol… I love it, it’s so beautiful…” he finally looked up to meet Chanyeol’s eyes. “How are you feeling though?” He knew it certainly couldn’t have been easy for him to let someone see his scar and touch it. It had been two years and he still felt uneasy when Baekhyun did, taking off his top only when they took showers together or had . He hated taking it off when Baekhyun looked at him and turned his back to him whenever he changed in their bedroom. It was something the boy got used to and even if he wished Chanyeol would let him see him properly, he understood why his boyfriend was acting this way, no matter how beautiful Baekhyun thought he was.

 

"Weird. I mean, strange. Light, maybe?" Chanyeol laughed sheepishly, looking down and scratching his head.

 

“I-It’s a good thing then, right?” he asked, just to be sure.

 

"Yeah, yes, of course. It's a great feeling," the man smiled again, leaning in to kiss Baekhyun. "Are you gonna sue me for copyrights now?" The boy chuckled, his fingers sliding on Chanyeol’s cheek and his thumb caressing his cheekbone.

 

“Maybe?”

 

"Not the answer I expected. Well, then see you in court, Mr. Byun," the man said in a low voice, pulling the boy closer, making him slide off the couch and straddle his lap. Baekhyun gripped his shoulder with his free hand for balance on instinct and felt his lips stretch in a smile when his fingers meet the bare skin again.

 

“What did you expect, Mr. Park?” Baekhyun asked, letting his fingertips follow the line of his bare collarbone.

 

"Mercy?"

 

“You have to deserve it, don’t you?” he tilted his head a little, his fingers slowly sliding on the top of the man’s chest, Baekhyun still a bit nervous of Chanyeol’s reaction. The man's gaze followed his hand as he hummed in response.

 

"It's so different," he murmured, breaking off their little game. "Like… it's not even there. Wait, can you see it?" he furrowed his brows suddenly, lifting his head to look at Baekhyun. The boy shook his head, looking at Chanyeol with a small smile.

 

“I can’t, it’s like it has never been there.”

 

"Really?" Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, still suspicious.

 

“Really.” Baekhyun answered genuinely, looking straight into Chanyeol’s eyes. His boyfriend nodded seriously, placing his large hands in Baekhyun's.

 

"So, there was your surprise. I have another one and I wanted to wait for the anniversary but… it seems like I'll have to give you an early gift because we have deadlines," he smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry I haven't told you earlier but Yixing just called me and…"

 

“Oh… What did he say?” The boy’s hands were playing with Chanyeol’s fingers, his eyes on his boyfriend’s face. He sometimes still couldn’t believe he was able to make Park Chanyeol fall in love with him.

 

"That… Uh, you know we're organizing that independent fashion show, right? The one I kept being so mysterious about? It's… It's actually supposed to be mine. Solo." The boy’s eyes widened, his fingers stilling on Chanyeol’s and his breath hitching from the surprise.

 

“What? Are you serious?! You’re holding a show for your own creations?! Oh my god, Chanyeol, this is amazing!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms around his boyfriend’s neck, and pulling him closer, hugging him tightly. Chanyeol chuckled quietly and then laughed when he lost his balance under Baekhyun's weight, sending them both to the floor with a loud thump.

 

"Ouch. Yes, it's mine! I waited till the last moment because I wanted to tell you on the anniversary," he grinned, pulling Baekhyun for a kiss. "Since it's inspired by you. And I wanted you to maybe… model for me?"

 

“What? What the hell are you talking about?” he was frowning again. This night definitely was a rollercoaster of emotions. “What do you mean it’s inspired by me?”

 

"It is. Remember the sketchpad you weren't allowed to see? Wanna see it?" Baekhyun looked at him skeptically.

 

“You know I do,” he said in a suspicious voice. Chanyeol smiled brightly, gesturing for him to stand up.

 

"Sorry for attacking you with all of this so suddenly, it just all kinda happened at the same time…"

 

“It’s fine, Yeol, I'm just... a bit… surprised?” he said, standing up and giving his hand to Chanyeol, pulling him up. It wasn't easy with his weight and long limbs but Chanyeol got up from the carpet with a smile, leading him to the bedroom right away. “I mean, I wasn’t expecting all of that…”

 

"I wasn’t expecting to tell you all of that in one go either but it turns out I need to know if you're gonna participate tomorrow so I wanted to ask you today to give you some time to think," he explained, sitting Baekhyun on the bed. He snatched some t-shirt from his closet, putting it on quickly and found his sketchpad carefully hidden on one of the shelves on his side of their huge wardrobe. He browsed it quickly, glancing at the boy. Baekhyun didn't miss the hateful glare he threw to the old pair of jeans. The boy stuck his tongue out, rolled his eyes and waited patiently for Chanyeol to show him his work.

 

"Here. This is… These are the sketches." Chanyeol joined him on the bed, hesitantly passing him the sketchpad. "I hope you like them." Baekhyun smiled, carefully holding onto it, and looking at the sketches on the page. He instantly recognized Chanyeol's style in the thin simple line. Some pages were simply colorful fragments of contours, others had paint smeared on them or drops of paint that constituted to the pattern of the sketched clothes. Baekhyun noticed a lot of his very favorite shades and color combinations on the black and white clothes in different shapes and in the forms of curved lines that he couldn't quite decipher. He frowned a little, his fingers sliding on one of the sketches.

 

“You have been hiding this sketchbook for quite a long time… Are you trying to tell me you’ve been working on this for two years?”

 

"Is it that bad?" Chanyeol fidgeted nervously, shifting a little. "I mean, I, uh, started at the beginning, when I was watching you paint and… It kinda grew over the months. I liked the idea, so… I… You don't like it, do you?" Baekhyun shook his head slowly, a small smile forming on his lips as he slid his fingers on the man’s cheek, kissing him tenderly.

 

“This looks amazing, Chanyeol… You’re so damn talented, I honestly can’t believe you did all of that… I’m so impressed and proud of you!” he exclaimed, kissing him again. The man blinked, returning the kiss after the few seconds it took him to process Baekhyun's words.

 

"For real? I'm… That's a relief."

 

“You shouldn’t doubt your skills, you really are one of the bests.” He kissed his cheek, smiling and looking back at the sketches, turning the pages again.

 

"I wouldn't, you know I'm pretty confident but since it was supposed to be a gift…" Chanyeol let out a deep breath, looking at the sketches over Baekhyun's shoulder. "Oh, I like this one," he pointed to another pattern made of lines in different shapes. "This one's your profile, can you see?"

 

“You made me look way prettier than I am,” he said with a chuckle, crossing his legs on the bed. He heard his old pair of jeans tear out at the knee, but he was so used to it that he didn’t even pay attention to it, unlike Chanyeol, who groaned behind him.

 

"Can you throw these the out? I promise I'm gonna hand-sew ten pairs of pants for you if you throw out these ones."

 

“Hey, leave me alone, I won that argument already. I only wear them when I paint, they’re my lucky pants, they make me have great ideas too. And what’s the point of wearing new pants to paint? They’re gonna end up like this anyway.” Baekhyun pouted. He lied too, he definitely wore those jeans to go to the academy as well, not that he would tell Chanyeol that.

 

"At least they won't make me wanna puke. They're here too, somewhere," Chanyeol took the sketchpad from him, browsing it for a minute to show Baekhyun a few sketched pairs of pants. The patterns on the white background weirdly resembled the lines made on his own piece of clothing.

 

“See?” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol snorted, hiding his face in the crook of his neck. “You like them, why would you draw them otherwise? They’re my trademark.”

 

"I would burn them the second you'd let me, . I drew that only because it's you, not in honor of this utterly terrifying abomination from the lowest tier of hell."

 

“Now you’re just trying to hurt me.” Baekhyun patted the top of Chanyeol’s head, chuckling.

 

"I'm trying to make you get rid of the most awful piece of clothing I ever laid my eyes on," Chanyeol murmured, nuzzling his neck. "Oh, look. This is you when you sleep on your side," he smiled, tracing a line on the side of a dress with his finger. "Can you see that? Your ribs always stick out here, then the dip is your waist and there are your hips and part of your thigh. The thigh line is here. I love it, I feel like I put it on every second pattern."

 

“Hm, someone is a bit creepy, huh?” Baekhyun said, his fingers massaging the side of Chanyeol’s head. The man leaned into his touch, humming softly. “You put so much thought into all this… this is honestly super impressive...”

 

"I just love your body, I told you that a million times, didn't I? There are four parts, actually, one is you painting, then sleeping, smiling... and you can probably guess the last one."

 

“I have a pretty good idea, yeah… Show me?”

 

“These are scattered, so… wait, I have a prototype here," Chanyeol kissed his palm, forcing himself to get up and walked up to the closet, searching for something and almost disappearing whole in the large furniture. After a while, he proudly presented Baekhyun a white asymmetrical jacket covered in the lines in the deep shades of red and orange. The boy put the sketchpad down on the bed, standing up and letting his fingers run on the fabric.

 

“Wow… You did that…”

 

"This is the collection I'm gonna show. It's almost ready, I need to sew two more pieces and I'm done," Chanyeol looked at him, carefully observing his face. "Is that too much?"

 

“No, no, it’s… perfect… I’m not sure I should be the one to model for it though, you need someone who knows what he’s doing to be sure people can appreciate your pieces properly…”

 

"Darling, I saw you on the runway already and I’d love it if you walked on this one," the man draped the jacket on Baekhyun's shoulders, cupping his cheeks to place a small kiss on his lips. "And this whole thing… is about you, so I can't think of a better model." Baekhyun blushed, scrunching up his nose.

 

“Don’t say things like that, I’m supposed to be cool and everything and you’re making it very hard for me.”

 

"Cool about what?"

 

“Just cool, you know.”

 

"Oh, shut up," Chanyeol rolled his eyes and turned him around to hug the boy from the back, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissing his neck. "Why would you be cool about your awesome boyfriend making a whole ing show off of you?" he chuckled, peppering his jaw and pink-tinted cheek with kisses. Baekhyun slid his hands on his forearms, chuckling too, his cheeks still flushed.

 

“Yeah, no, I guess you’re right. It’s awesome, I have every right to be flustered.”

 

"Of course you have! You're the prettiest, the funniest, the angriest and most talented little doll," Chanyeol hugged the giggling boy tighter, almost taking his breath away. He nuzzled into his neck with a pleased hum. "Happy anniversary, Baekhyun." The boy smiled softly, turning around in his boyfriend’s arms.

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol. Happy anniversary to you too,” he answered, tiptoeing to kiss him tenderly on the lips, his hand finding Chanyeol’s chest and the tip of his fingers caressing the scar through the fabric of his t-shirt. Chanyeol placed his hand over his, looking into his eyes, a smirk curving up the corner of his lips.

 

“Does it also mean yes, I will gladly obey and model for you, Mr. Park aka the love of my life?”

 

“I suppose I could do that for you, since I love you sooo much,” Baekhyun chuckled, kissing the back of Chanyeol’s hand. The man smiled, giving him a tender kiss on the lips.

 

“Can’t wait to see your in those tight pants I have for you, doll.”

 

 

 


 

I'm sad.

- K.